Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watford vs. Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options

Took this video just after we scored not the best quality i know, i got a old iphone 3GS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANiZcXejtww

Sat in the same row as you my friend!
    Are we now modelling our support on the Palace Ultras?
    How very funny. No I'm going to support the team. Unless you want us to not do that? Sit at home and bum around? And then not invest money into the club?
  • Options
    A great day and proud to support Charlton. Never liked the whole team of players so much as this lot despite their limitations. The first half and half the second were fantastic, the 3-5-2 really seems to work and eliminate the long ball - lots of other options. I thought Powell wanted Yann off (as he was obviously injured) but he wanted to stay on... he shjould have come off earlier for his own sake. BP and JJ both tired at the end, maybe Cousins could have replaced earlier, and maybe Sordell instead of Piggott as we didn't win one header. That's not a criticism of Piggott (he looked up for it), but the fact that Yann is so immense, and is everywhere, when he's playing it's like 2 men the ground he covers, and he links the midfield and attack.

Great support from our lot. Feel sorry for genuine Watford fans with that team of cheating mercenaries. The fans seem to have got into their way of playing though, the whole stadium was shouting handball at one point for something that wasn't even near our players arm!!

Proud of every Charlton player and of our support.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Powell Out. Clueless. Bottled it. Wibble.

Powell out?? you wont find many friends on here mate.
  • Options
    DMC said:

Off_it said:

Powell Out. Clueless. Bottled it. Wibble.

Powell out?? you wont find many friends on here mate.
    I think you lost the joke mate....

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Powell has found a formation that really fits the players. We were never going to outpass Watford but they were stifled throughout. Playing that way - any team that beats us from now on in is going to really have to earn it!

As for Watford, a very accomplished passing side but it may have been down to us pressuring them- but they often made the wrong choices.

Their fans were saying our tactics would be to kick them but they kicked us as much as we kicked them and the worst fould of the match was the professional one on Church that was not properly punished by the ref.

One issue is that Wilson is really at home in this formation - I mean REALLY at home! May be a bit of a headache for Powell when our best player is fit!
  • Options
    Rob said:

I'm in Bermuda on holiday and I just followed the match thread (5 hours after the game finished) without knowing the result and I must say what a great job Seth and RedMidland did. And what a result. Very pleased here in sunny Bermuda. COYR!!!

Are you visiting Bermuda Red? Can't have two Addicks on the island at once surely?

• Options
    Great result against a very good side.

I have to say - that ring back/winger they had, the fella who looked a bit like Marcelo at Real Madrid.....how bloody good was he?!
  • Options
    Think it will be very harsh on Wilson if Solly walks straight back into the side. Solly's not been at his usual best of late and Wilson's been class.

Head scratcher for Powell!
  • Options
    Cafc7 said:

Think it will be very harsh on Wilson if Solly walks straight back into the side. Solly's not been at his usual best of late and Wilson's been class.

Head scratcher for Powell!

The fact is that Wilson is probably a better wing back than Solly. He played as a midfielder at Stevenage.

If CP goes back to 4-4-2, I would expect Solly to come back into the team.

I just hope he doesn't change formation, just as we have found one that seems to work for us, for the sake of getting players back into the team.
  • Options
    Would be inclined to agree with you, if its not broke don't fix it. Took a few games but looks like we've found a good balance in the line up now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like Wilson, but I do think that Solly is the better player, even as a wing back, but Wilson earns his place nearly every time he plays.
  • Options
    possibly not fair to judge Solly's performance on this season as it seems that he has been carrying a knee injury which has now been sorted, however agree that he shouldn't automatically take back the RB/WB position and doubt he will, maybe the bench at Hudds?
  • Options
    When did you see Solly play as a wing back?
  • Options
    boggzy said:

A great day and proud to support Charlton. Never liked the whole team of players so much as this lot despite their limitations. The first half and half the second were fantastic, the 3-5-2 really seems to work and eliminate the long ball - lots of other options. I thought Powell wanted Yann off (as he was obviously injured) but he wanted to stay on... he shjould have come off earlier for his own sake. BP and JJ both tired at the end, maybe Cousins could have replaced earlier, and maybe Sordell instead of Piggott as we didn't win one header. That's not a criticism of Piggott (he looked up for it), but the fact that Yann is so immense, and is everywhere, when he's playing it's like 2 men the ground he covers, and he links the midfield and attack.

Great support from our lot. Feel sorry for genuine Watford fans with that team of cheating mercenaries. The fans seem to have got into their way of playing though, the whole stadium was shouting handball at one point for something that wasn't even near our players arm!!

THIS with knobs on !

Far be it for me to criticise the gaffer & his tactics but the only negative I could find was the late substitution - felt JC could have added a bit of pace & bite where the hard working JJ was starting to flag.

We SO miss the Beast when he's not on the pitch. Really hope he's fit enough for both Tues and Sat. IMHO we have a decent chance of maximum points from both....( takes cover)

MOM for me as in the Leics match was the Duracell Bunny that is our Pritch. What a huge engine and heart that young man has !

Onwards & upwards !!!!

• Options
    Good point. 3-5-2 seems to be working!

Oh and my preview prediction was right! (First time this season!)
  • Options

boggzy said:

THIS with knobs on !

Far be it for me to criticise the gaffer & his tactics but the only negative I could find was the late substitution - felt JC could have added a bit of pace & bite where the hard working JJ was starting to flag.

We SO miss the Beast when he's not on the pitch. Really hope he's fit enough for both Tues and Sat. IMHO we have a decent chance of maximum points from both....( takes cover)

MOM for me as in the Leics match was the Duracell Bunny that is our Pritch. What a huge engine and heart that young man has !

Onwards & upwards !!!!

That's quality. We should all dress up as the Duracell bunny at an away match this season.
  • Options
    Fanny can dig out her old Bunny Girl costume. I'm sure it will still fit ;0)
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Or we could all dig out our bunny girl costumes, now that would be interesting.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 51m
    Pritchard's got so much energy I wouldn't be surprised if his warm down is the Great North Run.#cafc

Jimmy Stone ‏@JimmyStone_ 8m
    For those #watfordfc fans who thought Church deserved red yesterday - here's Deeney grabbing him by the neck #cafc http://pic.twitter.com/FJIKyPfQFt
  • Options
    I agree with those who say Wilson is probably the better wing back. I thought Wiggins was also great yesterday.

A very pleasing, professional performance from us I thought. We didn't just sit and camp out the last 10 minutes either which was nice.

Ps. Mill-lol.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Post match review.

Got mullered in camden and pissed away £250.

Its going to be a long month.
  • Options

My "ears" are a bit droopy nowadays, SHG

As for my scut......don't go there !

• Options

Post match review.

SWP - 250 sovs is pretty spectacular, unless you were hosting a party of eight. Any details?

• Options

Post match review.

SWP - 250 sovs is pretty spectacular, unless you were hosting a party of eight. Any details?

Camden aint cheap. Double vodka and orange was £9 a time. Shots, taxis entrances in various clubs. Drinking all day in watford. Done easily than you think in a city like london.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    cafctom said:

I have to say - that ring back/winger they had, the fella who looked a bit like Marcelo at Real Madrid.....how bloody good was he?!

Anya - come from the Glen Hoddle Academy to a Scottish international in very quick time so proves if players can work hard and motivate themselves they can achieve something good out of an unlikely situation.

EDIT: He was born in Glasgow with a Romanian mother and Iranian father!

• Options

cafctom said:

Anya - come from the Glen Hoddle Academy to a Scottish international in very quick time so proves if players can work hard and motivate themselves they can achieve something good out of an unlikely situation.
    Blimey, I would have never had him down as a jock from what I saw yesterday. He pretty much beat our whole team for pace in a counter attack in the second half.
  • Options

Post match review.

Camden aint cheap. Double vodka and orange was £9 a time. Shots, taxis entrances in various clubs. Drinking all day in watford. Done easily than you think in a city like london.
    Yep, I know, did similar things myself back in the days.... I hate to think of the expense of your celebrations when we hammer the Spanners 5-0 on Saturday!

• Options

Post match review.

Yep, I know, did similar things myself back in the days.... I hate to think of the expense of your celebrations when we hammer the Spanners 5-0 on Saturday!

Its not becoming a regular thing.
  • Options
    What was a bit gutting was the realisation that a £10 child ticket would have got me in!!!!!No checks - barcode reader on the gate!
  • Options
    With a light on the otherside of the turnstile saying what type of ticket and the stewards looking carefully.