Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Leicester City | Sat 31st Aug 2013| Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

124»

Comments

• Options
    I am thinking about making an appearance - we will most likely lose.
  • Options
    0-2 :-(
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m
    News from Leicester, where @OfficialFOXES have signed Dean Hammond from @SouthamptonFC. He can play at The Valley tomorrow. (IL) #cafc
  • Options
    -Charlton win
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    We shouldn't go 3 at the back against this lot.

They play an attacking 4-3-3 with Vardy and Nugent out wide and Wood through the middle. They'd get in down the channels far too easily, leaving our slow centre backs exposed.

We don't have the players to match the 4-3-3 (imo), so 4-4-2 or a more defensive 4-5-1 is the way to go.
  • Options
    7-2-1 for me with 2 sweepers
  • Options
    I think this will be a tight game - the sort of game that can kick start your season - 2-1.
  • Options
    Heart says 1-0 to us

Head says 3-0 Leicester
  • Options

Can we just call him CP for Christs sake!!

Can we just call you Andy ?

if you like ... I prefer it to Dave... Are you just a Fanny then??

• Options
    I'll be setting off about 9.30 and dropping in to se some friends over in SE London/NW Kent before picking up my son and getting to the Valley about 2.30. It's a lovely late summer day, blue sky, fresh breeze, bright sunshine. It isn't going to piss down. The pitch should have recovered ok from last week's soaking and be looking good. The addicks will be well up for it after the improvement against Udders. We are playing a good team with good support.

Win, draw or lose. It's gonna be a lovely day. Don't you just love being a Charlton supporter, despite all the problems? I do.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1-2 loss
  • Options
    We have only failed to score once in a game so far but we will need a heroic performance from our defence if we are to stop free flowing Leicester. Kermorgant and Church to make it 2-1.
  • Options
    got a free under 18s ticket going for todays game, private message me if you're interested
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Hmm, my only prediction is that the game will last the full 90 minutes...

Called off at half-time: Risk of bushfires.
  • Options
    I'm pessimistic, we're brittle. 1-4
  • Options
    will be there , After the disaster of almost geting the prediction right last week im going for a stunning display and a 2 nil win,
  • Options
    andrew hughes ‏@Andrew10dog
    Hope they watered the pitch
  • Options
    MOG are you playing in a gig at the Lib in a few weeks ?
  • Options
    Hoping SCP sticks with a 3-5-2 and brings in Solly, JJ, Yann and possibly drop Morrison.
  • Options

MOG are you playing in a gig at the Lib in a few weeks ?

Not that I know of.
    Who/when GH ?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    These are the games I dread. The prospect of sitting quietly, watching the away fans celebrate over and over. Actually, that's all games.
  • Options

Miracle of the most spectacular order if we salvage anything from this uneven contest. Lets just pray we pack the defence and midfield and Church gets divine inspiration. Nice day for it though.

1-4
  • Options
    Sat by the pool in Spain for my sins but would be down the valley with my two boys if at home.

Hard fought 3 points and the start of a decent run

3-2 The Addicks. COYR'sssssss!!!!!!
  • Options
    Just don't put a right winger at left back like Eddie Firmani did all those years ago.

Think we've talked up Leicester to Barcelona proportions on here, so 1-0 to us nailed on.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Somehow, I don't know how, after a complete battering, many lucky escapes, unfairly disallowed Leicester "goals", a very generous penalty to the addicks, a Leicester sending off, in front of a worried and frustrated 11,000 crowd, on a shit looking pitch, after going behind to the Foxes.......we scrape a 2-1 win. Trust me, Charlton always manage to confound all logic. Lose to the crap teams, win when it isn't expected. That's why I love 'em.

Pretty close !