Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Leicester City | Sat 31st Aug 2013| Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    2-0 to us - Frimpong and Obika with the goals
  • Options
    3-0 defeat after a promising start.
  • Options
    can't see a win for us although hope it's as good a game as last season ... 1-3
  • Options
    Like the look of Henry's team, with Harriott up our sleeve as impact sub. Still think we will lose, but hope we put up a fight.
  • Options
    Leicester scoring goals for fun us conceding for fun 0-0
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    We did them last season, there is no reason (well not many anyway) why we can't do the same this time .... provided a) The crowd is well behind the players, b) Powell gets his selection and tactics right and c) The players get stuck in, concentrate and stay the pace for 90 minutes.
    As opposed to last season when any team could beat any other on any given day, the strong clubs this season look much MUCH stronger than the weaker outfits.
    Leicester over the past few years have spent pots of money and this year the expense is paying off as the side at last is cohesive and playing consistently. We need to change this on Saturday. For some reason (I blame the pills and the aliens) I fancy a home win ... 4 4 2: Hamer Solly Morrison Cort Wiggins ... Pritchard Cousins Gower Jackson (rest Harriott from this one) ... Kermorgant Church:

CAFC 3 v Leicester City 2
  • Options
    I feel that Morrison and Wiggins should be rested for this one , replaced with Dervite and Evina. Our defence has not been on song this season. Which Charlton will turn up Saturday is the big question. Will we come flying out of the blocks or wait until the second half to get things going. I may be pessimistic about this game and con only see another home defeat 1-3.
    Really hope I'm wrong though. We do seem to play better against the top sides.
  • Options

2-0 to us - Frimpong and Obika with the goals

Something you know for sure we don't then Leaburn ; P

Last season we played them at home we had the momentum of our L1 championship behind us, Yann all fired up playing his old club for the first time since being released by them and we were a surprise package. sadly this year I think they will tear us a new one, but not for the want of trying on our part. But I can see our heads drop if they get the first goal. That Kiwi lad is on fire right now.

1-3 for me.
  • Options
    Im guessing this thread will mirror image last years with big spending quality team leicester in se7. We were bobbins last year till we went on that amazing run. Im sure we will turn it around and the players get the fight back in their bellys. Altho i do fear the fight of those with contracts up in june may not be as strong as the others ,personally i dont blame them if i was working somewhere giving 100% percent and knew my contract was running out and unlikely be reknewed how would you feel? If by some miracle we could get everyone signed up u watch the performances change its sad but ture.

4 0 to the foxes.
  • Options
    1-2 to the visitors
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A collection of some of the goals we've scored against Leicester over the years: http://plentyofshots.wordpress.com/category/clubs/leicester-city/

Featuring Shaun Bartlett, Danny Haynes, Rob Lee and Super Clive. Enjoy!
  • Options
    This lot seem to have the team about right: http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/720487/Preview/England-Championship-2013-2014-Charlton-Leicester and they predict 0-2 which, I fear, could also be right...
  • Options
    Some people are getting logic and Charlton mixed up. Logic says we don't stand a chance. Expect a Charlton win then !
    If you know your history.....
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I thought the pairing of Morrison and Cort was quite decent last year, but after Saturday's game and watching the replay of the goals against Huddersfield Court seems to be struggling?
    Morrison seems to have lost any pace, and the keeper, well better not comment?.....After saying that as Firmani19 states expect a win..... well that is what I am trying to tell myself!
  • Options
    If SCP sticks with 4-4-2 and Wiggins we're in for the biggest defeat most of us will ever have seen. Wiggo needs a break poor b"gger before his confidence gets as damaged as his form. Evina has to start.
    Our 4 man defense has been barely fit for purpose so far this season, Leicester are scoring for fun and with some encouraging signs (for an hour or so) on Tuesday - 5 at the back on Saturday has to be worth trying Cort or Wood with Dervite & Morro - possibly Wood for better balance.
    Much as we'd all like to see Cousins get a run this game comes too soon and is far too important to be blooding a novice and in Andy Hughes SCP has the perfect midfield spoiler.
    Keeping a clean sheet (until we're at least 4 goals up) has to be the prime objective, conceding early could open the floodgates, washing away confidence and stirring the boo-boys. Entertaining, open football is for now an unnecessary distraction, needs must.
    Hopefully Jackson's really fit this time and not just hoping to be so he plays alongside Pritch and Hughes, if JJ's still lame Gower maybe keeps his place.
    Kermit's name is already inked on the teamsheet probably with Church.
    It's probably hoping too much but if New Plan A doesn't work there will be plenty of alternatives and fresh legs on the bench with Wilson, Sordell, Cousins, Pigott, Cort/Wood and Harriott, so long as changes are made early enough.
    SCP putting out a team anything much like last Saturday's and we'll have to start calling him Nero.
  • Options
    On train from Cornwall. Last season came up for Forest, Palarse and Miwoh. Expect the worst. What the hell: 2-0!
  • Options
    My expectations for this game are very low. Be happy if we make a game of it.
  • Options
    Can't see how we can get anything out of this. Mind you leicester battered us last year and we won so who knows. Is suspect however that morale etc was a but higher last year. 0-3.
  • Options
    I would like to see a midfield of Jackson and Gower in the centre with Evina and Pritchard on the flanks. Got to have players that can tackle for this one.
  • Options
    Hamer

Morrison Dervite Wood

Solly Pritch Hughes Jacko Evina

Church Kermy

2-2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    its the Championship, anything can happen

i cant predict the score but i reckon we'll be impressed with the team, hopefully Powell will continue with the 3-5-2
  • Options
    Would be happy with a draw but this is going to be tough - cafc 1 leicester 2
  • Options
    Normally I would be happy with the draw, but we need the 3 points big time to get our season up and running. Otherwise, where will the win come from? It is our own fault for not winning any of the 'easier' opening games so it puts pressure on games such as this which are harder on paper.
  • Options
    Going on holiday so won't be there but I cannot see past a easy Leicester win but then I said that a number of times last season and was wrong.
  • Options
    Stubley - nice preview. I like to politely disagree with the midfield selection,if its 4-4-2. We are having problems in midfield when the opposition have the ball, particularly on the counter attack. Selecting Jacko, Pritchard & Harriott leaves us too open. We need to stop the bleeding.
    Hughes or Dervite in central midfield for me. Also, both Pritchard & Harriott have failed to cover the space in front of the full back areas, in the games against against Bournemouth & Doncaster and left Solly & Wiggins exposed to 2v1 situations far too often. That has to change. Wilson or Evina could come in on either side, (although probably not both, that would be too defensive)

If we go 5-3-2, we need to be aware of opposition counter attacks into the vacant full back areas, as the wing backs push on. Whoever is selected at right centre back will need to cover across behind Solly and likewise on the left behind Wiggins. I don't fancy either Cort or Morrison in those situations. Perhaps the more mobile Wood will get a go.
    On the other side of the coin, 3 in Cent Mid gives us a chance of dominating in the middle of the park, where most games are won and lost.
    There is no doubt the Church / Kermorgant combination will score goals if given the right service. Playing 5-3-2 means there is a onus on the wing backs to get forward into advance areas and supply the crosses. If they get pinned down, the danger is a lack of width.

It will be interesting to see which way CP goes. Pearson will have the same problem as we are having. He has no idea what formation we will use or the team selection, so has not been able to plan properly. He will have contingency plans to play against 3 in Cent Mid, which could disrupt his own system if he wants to play 4-4-2, as Middlesbrough did to us with their 3 man Cent Mid.

• Options
    I'll take a point but we were underdogs last year and beat them twice - need the first goal.
  • Options
    Nervous game but win 3-2. Yann hat trick and 93rd minute winner.
  • Options
    3-2 win.
  • Options
    In a rash moment last week I predicted a 3-0 win after feeling defeat was likely for a few days beforehand. Still, the records are expunged so I can go into this one without worry - I predict that this game will not be rained off. And, the score? We will get 0 or 1, they will get between 1 and 3.
  • Options
    SCP and the lads stand up to the Championship's knockers, raise a middle finger in unison and take three points through a tight 1-0 win. Yann the man.....