Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Leicester City | Sat 31st Aug 2013| Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Can we just call him CP for Christs sake!!
  • Options
    no he is SCP
  • Options

Can we just call you Andy ?

• Options
    LOL, just seen this. Jeez, chill. He will always be SCP to me I'm afraid.....
  • Options
    This is my 'Five Year Season Ticket Directors Box Game.'
    Last time I saw a game from there, we lost 1-3, so for no other reason, that's my prediction. ;-)
  • Options

Done this a longtime ago, I really would not waste your breath.

Mind you if you go on ITV you won't see it.

• Options
    I will be travelling there in my custard powered time machine...3-1 Mendonca hat trick.
  • Options
    Difficult game but really so what, 2-0 with late goal to ease nerves.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Chris Kamara covering our game for Soccer Saturday tomorrow!

Chris Kamara ‏@chris_kammy 36m
    On the Rattler to the smoke, only 4 prem 3pm kick offs tomorrow! So I have the cracker Charlton v Leicester. Stan Petrov & Rob Fowler on GOS
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Stubley - nice preview. I like to politely disagree with the midfield selection,if its 4-4-2. We are having problems in midfield when the opposition have the ball, particularly on the counter attack. Selecting Jacko, Pritchard & Harriott leaves us too open. We need to stop the bleeding.
    Hughes or Dervite in central midfield for me. Also, both Pritchard & Harriott have failed to cover the space in front of the full back areas, in the games against against Bournemouth & Doncaster and left Solly & Wiggins exposed to 2v1 situations far too often. That has to change. Wilson or Evina could come in on either side, (although probably not both, that would be too defensive)

If we go 5-3-2, we need to be aware of opposition counter attacks into the vacant full back areas, as the wing backs push on. Whoever is selected at right centre back will need to cover across behind Solly and likewise on the left behind Wiggins. I don't fancy either Cort or Morrison in those situations. Perhaps the more mobile Wood will get a go.
    On the other side of the coin, 3 in Cent Mid gives us a chance of dominating in the middle of the park, where most games are won and lost.
    There is no doubt the Church / Kermorgant combination will score goals if given the right service. Playing 5-3-2 means there is a onus on the wing backs to get forward into advance areas and supply the crosses. If they get pinned down, the danger is a lack of width.

It will be interesting to see which way CP goes. Pearson will have the same problem as we are having. He has no idea what formation we will use or the team selection, so has not been able to plan properly. He will have contingency plans to play against 3 in Cent Mid, which could disrupt his own system if he wants to play 4-4-2, as Middlesbrough did to us with their 3 man Cent Mid.

I agree with this assessment of 3-5-2 but can't agree that we must play this way because our midfielders aren't up to it. The failure of 4-4-2 has a lot to do with how deep we defend and how the two banks of 4 fail to move up and back together, leaving big gaps for their players to run into. I'd like to see if we are chasing a game, our back four pushing up into their half. Sure it will leave us vunerable in behind the defence, but Hamer is decent one-on-one and if this becomes an ongoing problem, getting more pace at centre-back could be looked at.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Chris Kamara covering our game for Soccer Saturday tomorrow!

Chris Kamara ‏@chris_kammy 36m
    On the Rattler to the smoke, only 4 prem 3pm kick offs tomorrow! So I have the cracker Charlton v Leicester. Stan Petrov & Rob Fowler on GOS

Is that the slightest hint of sarcasm from Kammy??
  • Options

Hamer

Morrison Dervite Wood

Solly Pritch Hughes Jacko Evina

Church Kermy

2-2

Agreed .
  • Options
    was thinking the worse about this fixture ...but hearing Neil Warnock laughing about us and predicting a big leicester win @ odds on this morning at talksh@te radio.

makes me feel we will raise to the occasion CYOR 2-1.
  • Options
    Kamara utterly cracks me up. Has had me in tears of laughter before.

- Missing the red card v Portsmouth
    - Infamous Spurs are fighting like beavers comment
    - His monitor going down for a Fulham game "I'm looking over my shoulder Jeff"
  • Options

At least we wont be overburdened by fan's expectations...

• Options
    1-6. Repeat of that leeds game
  • Options

1-6. Repeat of that leeds game

ouch .. don't wish that on us for God's sake
  • Options
    0-3
  • Options
    I presume those calling for the return of Hughes weren't at the Bournemouth game.

Or have the memory of a goldfish.

Hamer

Morrison Dervite Wood

Pritch Cousins Gower Jackson Evina

Kermogant Church
  • Options

I presume those calling for the return of Hughes weren't at the Bournemouth game.

Or have the memory of a goldfish.

Hamer

Morrison Dervite Wood

Pritch Cousins Gower Jackson Evina

Kermogant Church

Drop Solly? If we do play 5 in mid field would he not be a better choice in case we need to change formation?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    please not 3 at the back

4-4-1-1, Yann playing deeper behind Church who seems a willing runner.

reckon this'll be our first win
  • Options
    Funny how teams like Leicester and Forest are now dead certs to smash us.
    Wasn't long ago when we would not be fussed by the opposition we face tomorrow, now look... a draw would be considered a result.

Such is life, I'll be there cheering on the reds...oh yeah and Kerm to get a straight red.
  • Options
    Hmm, my only prediction is that the game will last the full 90 minutes...
  • Options
    Another harsh lesson, I fear.
  • Options
    We do have a good record against Leicester but with their good start and our poor one I cannot see past a 3-1 defeat and the gloom continues. If we can just not lose anyone this window maybe we can turn it around.
  • Options
    Our defence is due a good day surely. I'm predicting a clean sheet, we win 2-0 and our season is up and running.
  • Options
    I just don't want us to lose.
  • Options
    I would like to see the following formation tomorrow.....

Hamer
    Solly Wilson Morrison Wood Kermorgant Church Dervite Cort Sordell Evina

Line them up on the goal line for 90 minutes and see if we can cling on to a 0-0!!!
  • Options
    2-1 loss after Leicester let off the gas.
  • Options

I would like to see the following formation tomorrow.....

Hamer
    Solly Wilson Morrison Wood Kermorgant Church Dervite Cort Sordell Evina

Line them up on the goal line for 90 minutes and see if we can cling on to a 0-0!!!

That's funny. I was reading through your lineup and I was thinking what formation you were expecting. Then you explained everything. :-)