Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sordell on loan **CONFIRMED - SEASON LONG LOAN**

Comments

• Options
    Very pleased with this. This will hopefully have a nice confidence effect down to the rest of the squad
  • Options
    well done chrissy brilliant signing
  • Options
    uie2 said:

well done chrissy brilliant signing

and dare I say we'll done TJ
  • Options
    Two very good signings. Sir Chris is shaping up to be the best manager we have had for some time. Limited funds but is still managing to put together a team who will be hard to beat I reckon. Home form is obviously the key this season, as I think we will still be a formidable away side. I can see a 2-0 away win coming up Saturday !
  • Options

two good signings so well pleased. Those championing the youth will be disappointed though. Assume there will be a departure or two, certainly on loan at least, to help cover the wages. Church getting two years will mean that hopefully we may try to tie down some of those out of contract next summer. Well done CP.

not disappointed at all, good news for the club and still allows youth to slot in as required, or go out on loan - to div 1 / 2 league clubs only - to get more playing time under their belts, which so many on here - in their esteemed opinions- believe they require.

Perhaps we can park the 'We're all doomed' concern now? :)
  • Options
    FIRMANI9 said:

Two very good signings. Sir Chris is shaping up to be the best manager we have had for some time. Limited funds but is still managing to put together a team who will be hard to beat I reckon. Home form is obviously the key this season, as I think we will still be a formidable away side. I can see a 2-0 away win coming up Saturday !

I completely agree with you, but it's not like he had a lot of competition in that department..
  • Options
    you big girls blouses getting all orgasmic just cause we've got a coupla strikers in, "oo sorry, ive just cum " there that's better, can i join in?
  • Options
    Looking forward to the breamteam adverts.....

FIIISSSHHHH
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lol. Lets hope he understands its not about him and doesn't end up walking off midway through the game.
  • Options

callum I respect your opinion on players from these leagues what your opinion on sordell

If you're talking to me, I'd say he has the potential to be a Premier League player. He's not near that level yet though otherwise we'd obviously have no chance of bringing him in...

He's fairly experienced in the Championship for a 22 year old forward with almost 100 appearances & 31 goals but is still working out his best game (he was converted from a wide forward to playing off the last man at Watford I think) and that means he can be frustrating to watch and has off days. Also took a while to settle at each of his new clubs as both Watford and Bolton didn't see the best of him in his first year, hopefully he can do better than that with us.

All that said, when he's good he's very good and can turn Championship defenders inside out with his pace and quick feet. The type of goal he'll score is comparable in style to Defoe or BWP. Lots of poacher-type efforts where he'll find himself in the right place at the right time but equally, he can bang them in from long distance once or twice a season.

If you weren't talking to me, there's my brief scout report anyway. :-)
    Thanks for your scouting report, Callum - that is just as important as his stats. Sordell sounds like he could be very good for us, a proven one-in-three scorer, and it's his movement you have noted that also excites me. That sort of liveliness could inspire our midfield to make better passes in service of the attack - and worry the living daylights out of the defenders from Blackburn and 'Uddersfield. I suggest: if he's properly fit, pair him up front with Kermorgant right from the start. Bournemouth simply will not wait to have us under the cosh if Powell opts to play safe with a lone striker.

• Options
    A Bolton Message boards view of him.

Sordell signs for Charlton (loan)
    To be honest he was always going to end up back in london. We don't know the whole truth but all the controversy around his "homesickness", "he's unsettled" & "twitter addiction"(if that is the case) is just pathetic... sounds like a little kid unseperatable from his mummy. Thousands of players come from abroad to England & don't b*tch as much as Sordell. He was looking sharp pre-seasosn & I thought he'd do well this season. My bet is that he'll make the move perm at the end of his loan for a measly fee compared to what we wasted on him. I certainly won't be expecting him back up North at the end of his loan. Panic buy from Coyle at the time & did not pay off. I know he's still our player but part of me will be glad that he's gone, doesn't put the effort in & seems like he has an attitude problem. Now with Beckford, N'gog (injury prone), C.Davies & Eaves... what's people's opinions on our firepower & depth up front?

• Options
    edited August 2013

To be honest he was always going to end up back in london. We don't know the whole truth but all the controversy around his "homesickness", "he's unsettled" & "twitter addiction"(if that is the case) is just pathetic... sounds like a little kid unseperatable from his mummy. Thousands of players come from abroad to England & don't b*tch as much as Sordell. He was looking sharp pre-seasosn & I thought he'd do well this season. My bet is that he'll make the move perm at the end of his loan for a measly fee compared to what we wasted on him. I certainly won't be expecting him back up North at the end of his loan. Panic buy from Coyle at the time & did not pay off. I know he's still our player but part of me will be glad that he's gone, doesn't put the effort in & seems like he has an attitude problem. Now with Beckford, N'gog (injury prone), C.Davies & Eaves... what's people's opinions on our firepower & depth up front?

Not a glowing tribute but he's our worry now. SCP will get his head right.

• Options

I think we can safely forget any hope of seeing Obika in a red shirt...

It is your careful use of the word "safely" that makes me smile, Grumps. And - instinctively - I agree!

• Options

I think we can safely forget any hope of seeing Obika in a red shirt...

It is your careful use of the word "safely" that makes me smile, Grumps. And - instinctively - I agree!

...because he'll be wearing our white away kit on Saturday?
  • Options

Not a glowing tribute but he's our worry now. SCP will get his head right.

If anyone can encourage and bring the best out in people then CP is your man , i see him a bit like that 'Kes' character who takes injured animals and makes them better.

• Options

Mike Small

Please be careful, Damo - I was happily enjoying the good news this evening until you uttered that name....

• Options

To be honest I can relate to that. It sounds remarkably like Andy Gray who signed for us on much bigger wages than he was on and then realised, less than a month later, that he was not happy living in the South of England. He lasted eighteen months, played very few games, then went to Barnsley for a sum that was less than a third of what we paid for him.

I would never want to force someone to live where they are not happy, but sometimes it is frustrating when a club loses a lot of money in these circumstances.

It's just nice to see us benefiting from these circumstances on this occasion.
  • Options

All of a sudden (and no disrespect to past strikers) Haynes and BWP seem a bit pants in comparison. We really have gone up a level in terms of calibre of player and proven Championship goals return and fitness levels.

Ooh, no Damo - BWP was bloody good for us for a while. I want Sordell to emulate, and transcend him - to cause absolute havoc in the pants of the opposing defenders, to swivel and shoot when unexpected, and to bury it in the onion bag at least every other game. Of course he is only on loan, but I have a feeling that this is a very, very good signing. I have cracked open the beers in advance of Bournemouth.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Although to be fair to Andy Gray, very soon after he signed for Charlton, his wife was diagnosed to be suffering a life threatening illness.

• Options

Macronate said:

I am not having anyone say that we are a fickle lot who behave like enormous girl's blouses sometimes.

Man Up.

Someone's just earned himself a ban from Anfield
    Did you say "Manfield", or Anfield? Keep yer options open and remember to call me Margaret on Thursday nights.

• Options
    Put a player back in their home city and you'll be amazed how much of a difference it can make.
  • Options

Great pic - he looks about 15 in that though!

That's what I was thinking. And look at the background - it resembles a trailer-park in Mobile, Alabama. Are you quite sure we haven't signed George Weah's brother's cousin's friend's son?

• Options

Am i right in thinking that a season long loan still means Bolton could recall him at any point? I seem to remember we re-called Paul Hayes from Wycombe to the dismay of the Wycombe manager. And more recently Man City recalled Abdul Razak while on loan with us.

Just a thought, correct me if i'm wrong please.

You may be right, Will - but if we recalled Paul Hayes, that dismays me as well as the Wycombe manager!

• Options
    So let me get this straight Viewfinder - you want Magic Marvin to 'cause absolute havoc in the pants of the opposing defenders'?!?

My word.
  • Options

Attitude problem. Good luck with beckford then mate.
  • Options

So let me get this straight Viewfinder - you want Magic Marvin to 'cause absolute havoc in the pants of the opposing defenders'?!?

My word.

And then to "bury it in the onion bag at least every other game " !!!

My word !

Surely this sort of thing is frowned upon during a match ?

• Options
    LenGlover said:

I'm happy with Sordell in particular but would not want to lose Wiggins...

I'll drive Stephens up there myself if he wants to return Oop North

I hope I don't sound frivolous about this Len, but why put yourself out? There are perfectly good coaches from Victoria, day and night....

• Options
    Especially at a family club like Charlton Fan. I say a loud 'NO' to such shenanigans!