Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

AM - Arctic Monkeys

Comments

• Tickets for Earl's Court arrived today, booked to see them in Barcelona too. Can't effing wait.
  • Guys.. http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg-9Se1fY7vY2TlAfiKy7HQ/videos

That link is a youtube channel where someone has uploaded all the songs from the album, saves the downloading and that
  • edited September 2013
    Just won 2 tickets to see them at the iTunes Festival at Camden Roundhouse next Monday! Can't wait!

Will be incredible to see them in such an intimate venue, and on the day their new album is released as well.
  • mr.se7...cheers!

Rufus...lucky g!t!!! Have never had a sniff of iTunes Festival tickets over the last few years. Actually wasn't overly impressed with this year's line-up, bar AM and a couple of others. It'll be a great night!
  • Cheers @TelMc32 - agree that I'ma lucky git! Didn't have any luck for years but was fortunate enough to win Noel Gallagher tickets last year, & now AM this time.

It's defintily worth entering any 'extra' competitions for tickets... e.g. I won the Noel Gallagher tickets via an O2 priority moments comp on Twitter the day before the gig, even though I'd entered via the official iTunes route 3 times with no luck. I know the Metro have done some similar competitions in the past, as have Topshop.

Will let you know how the gig goes, although I suspect I already know the answer!

@mr.se7 - cheers for that link!
  • Listened to it. As good as suck it and see, but all a bit of an anti climax after their first two albums imho.
  • Thats okay chaps. Love the No.1 party anthem, has kind of a David Bowie feel to it in my opinion. Can't wait to see them at Earls Court in October!

@Rufus is a dogs name , have fun!
  • edited September 2013
    Imagine my excitement after reading this thread to see an e-mail from the iTunes festival pop up in my inbox "Congratulations you've won tickets to.....Paramore"

Bollocks.
  • edited September 2013
    lol I'm sorry. Got Earls Court tickets in the post today as well, looking forward to it.
  • Why the hell would you apply for tickets to Paramore?! I had the misfortune of seeing them at Reading a few years back (girlfriends fault honest) and its an hour of my life I won't get back. Truly awful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Earls court tickets arrived yesterday. Think I've seen them 8/9 times including this years Glastonbury and haven't been this excited for tone of their gigs for several years! Reckon this will be my 2nd favourite of their albums behind the debut
  • Met them a couple of years ago too and they're all such nice guys. Alex was very very quiet tho
  • Why the hell would you apply for tickets to Paramore?! I had the misfortune of seeing them at Reading a few years back (girlfriends fault honest) and its an hour of my life I won't get back. Truly awful.

Literally applied for everything on the iTunes app, even worse I told the girlfriend thinking she would laugh, she now wants to go as "it would be nice" - I don't think she even knows who Paramore are !
  • New album in its entirety is now streaming for free on iTunes for a 'limited time'
  • I can hear it downstairs as my son has it blaring out as I'm trying to work. Sounds Ok but nothing new, but then I'm not a massive fan. He is though!
  • edited September 2013
    Managed a quick listen of a few tracks last night on mr.se7's youtube link. Liking it already, need to sit and listen in its' entirety later.

Rufus - thanks for the tips on the extra comps for these iTunes gigs. I had seen them, but they all seem to be linked to FaceBook or Twitter and I have never bothered joining either of them!!

There is another one though. If anyone uses the app - YPlan London. They have all sorts of events (music, drink, food, cinema etc) - a lot of them pretty obscure - which are for the spontaneous. Basically, today, tomorrow and a few for a couple of days further out.

They have a number of tickets (FREE, unlike some of the ticket agencies who have got them) every day for each gig, but you need to be on there at about 10.50am to get them at 11am. That said...the Paramore ones still seem available, if anyone fancies joining se9addick and his missus!!!!! ;-)

Even better, if you join, go into "My Rewards" and share your code (user name). Send it to others and you both get £7 credit to use on any event you book. If anyone fancies doing it, my code is TELMC

;-)
  • wallin58 said:

Met them a couple of years ago too and they're all such nice guys. Alex was very very quiet tho

Maybe he just didn't like you.
  • edited September 2013
    I've been lucky to find someone kind enough to let me in on their +1 so I'll be there tomorrow night! Hoping for some live debuts from the album. :-)
  • Do me a favour, is a brilliant tune
  • edited September 2013
    got 1 standing ticket for the saturday, anyone want to swap for 1 standing ticket for the friday??
  • Sponsored links:

• Roundhouse concert tonight is being broadcast live at 9pm on XFM.
  • It's streaming live on the iTunes app as well. Drenge on at the moment.
  • Went to the Roundhouse concert last night, thought they were superb, such a tight band. The new stuff sounded good as well!

Only downside was Alex forgetting the words during 505!
  • Last night was incredible!
  • Last night was incredible!

I think the NME will want more of a write-up than this Callum!!! ;-)
  • AM is utterly brilliant, the moment they went form scrapping with pool cues to being proper men.
  • Why'd you call me when your high.

interesting music video I liked the idea but could have been better.
  • Album is truley fantastic. Geat peice of work, every song is so different but yet equally as good as the last,
  • Anyone going tommorow or saturday at earls court have just seen the set list, should be a blinder.