Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

AM - Arctic Monkeys

Comments

• surprised there doing the 02 seems too small
  • surprised there doing the 02 seems too small

yes surely the Saviours Of Real Music Played With Real Guitars should have a small city vacated for their papal address
  • edited April 2018
    Leuth said:

surprised there doing the 02 seems too small

yes surely the Saviours Of Real Music Played With Real Guitars should have a small city vacated for their papal address
    well bearing in mind there last tour they sold out i think 60,000 odd at finsbury park and 50,000 odd at marlay park in Dublin (attended both) just seemed a bit small.
  • September outside gigs are not something sensible bands put on
  • Best band on the planet. Closest we have in this country to the big old rock bands we used to produce back in the day. Looking forward to this, didn’t enjoy AM as much as suck it and see so hopefully this is an improvement.
  • Think the only album i have listened to was the first one. Just can't get past how much of a weapons grade helmet Alex Turner is to listen to anything else
  • Saw them at Glastonbury 2013 and they were a lot of fun.

Would have probably gone this time if they'd played somewhere bigger and made the tickets cheaper but it's looking like it'll be £75 for standing at the O2 which I'd only pay for one band and one band only.
  • seen the ticket prices, good band but wont be paying that.
  • Sponsored links:

• seen the ticket prices, good band but wont be paying that.

Is it actually £75 a ticket?
  • My favourite band. First album came out when I was just leaving school so was lyrically very relatable. In my opinion AM is their best album absolutely loved it. As mentioned they always do something different. £75 a ticket, yeah I'd pay.
  • se9addick said:

seen the ticket prices, good band but wont be paying that.

£74.50 plus booking fee i believe.

seen them live 6 times but will give this one a miss.
  • se9addick said:

This is happening more and more often. I've looked at tickets for RHCP, Foos, Noel G over the last year or so and they've all been £70+
  • agim said:

se9addick said:

This is happening more and more often. I've looked at tickets for RHCP, Foos, Noel G over the last year or so and they've all been £70+
    Which is sortve ok if it’s your favourire band but it means I don’t see any big acts on a whim anymore.

Best to try and see them at a festival, saw RHCP at Leeds fest on a day ticket and the price isn’t so bad when you get another 10 bands as well.
  • liam gallagher @ finsbury park in summer tickets were £62.50 including fees and get some decent support on a friday so taking the day off work and making a day of it. is an okay price, the 02 isn't exactly a cheap place either have only been to an event there once a uwcb event and by time a few drinks and a bit of food has been had, your looking at not much change from £50.00
  • £45-£78.
  • Someone's angry. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• That is pricey.
  • i understand why they cost a lot to put on the amount of security usually doing f all, lights, rental from the owner of the stadium/arena, be interesting to actually know what the markup is on costs.
  • I would t mind but it is probably the shitest music venue in the country as well.
  • Re prices...spoke with a lad who works on our Media Team a while back, who looks after a load of the record labels. The prices are all down to the bands, no matter how they like to spin it.

AM have announced just 9 gigs (excluding the festivals). They’ll have decided how much they want to earn to tour & so prices are set according to number of dates, capacities at venues. Just think last time when I saw them at Finsbury Park, they played to three times the number you can get in the O2.

It’s also why a lot of bands are in on the mass skelping of tickets from official sites on to the tout versions (because that’s exactly what they are)...which the ticket agencies, promoters also own. Why everything is usually sold out on official sites as soon as they open.
  • Damn. Had presale link from the AM mailing list, but couldn't get away from work to buy till a few minutes ago, no standing and only lower-tier singles left for pre-sale. If someone wants a single-lower tier or some upper-tier seats welcome to my presale password.
  • Couldn't get any through o2 priority. Hopefully get a few tomorrow.
  • Like fuck I’m paying that.
  • tbh have had a change of mind, lucky escape, stupid price, stupid venue
  • I would t mind but it is probably the shitest music venue in the country as well.

not true, anyone who was at Nick Cave concert would disagree, some acts can make it feel surprisingly intimate and some make it rock
  • edited April 2018
    prices for sunday 9th sept

STANDING £67.20 (£59.50)
    Transaction fee applicable *
    Pre-sale sold out.
    General sale begins Friday, 13 Apr 2018 at 9:00 AM
    SEATS £78.20 (£69.50)
    Pre-sale sold out.
    SEATS £62.25 (£55.00)
    Pre-sale sold out.
    SEATS £45.20 (£39.50)
    Pre-sale sold out.

also noted the terms i wonder how strict these will be stuck to;

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
    1. This ticket is a personal, revocable license and, at all times, remains the property of the Promoters. This ticket must be surrendered to the Promoters upon request.
    2. This ticket is sold by the Promoters directly to the Consumer. Any tickets purchased by business or traders in breach of the Terms and Conditions of Ticket Sale will be cancelled.
    3. This ticket will IMMEDIATELY BECOME INVALID if resold OR OFFERED FOR SALE unless the sale is through The Artist's official face-value resale partner, Twickets.
    4. The surname of the Lead Booker will be printed on all tickets. The name cannot be changed once the booking has been made. Where more than one ticket has been purchased, each guest in the party must arrive with the Lead Booker at the venue on the night of the show. Failure to do so will result in the guests being turned away.
    5. To gain admission to the concert, the Lead Booker must bring:
    i) The tickets
    ii) A valid photo ID matching the Lead Booker surname on the tickets,
    Failure to bring all of the items i) and ii) above will result in refusal of admission to the concert.
    6. Ticket sales are limited to a maximum of 4 tickets per person.