Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AM - Arctic Monkeys

Comments

• Options
    Anyone watch their set last night?

Opinions? 
    Tonight isn’t it?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Anyone watch their set last night?

Opinions? 
    Tonight isn’t it?
    Leeds tonight. Reading last night.
  • Options
    https://www.standard.co.uk/culture/music/arctic-monkeys-reading-bbc-bbc-one-sheffield-b1021473.html

TV viewers were unable to watch Arctic Monkeys’ performance at Reading festival on Saturday night after the band requested the set was not shown live.

The Sheffield group headlined the event’s main stage with a setlist including R U Mine?, I Bet You Look Good On The Dance Floor and new track I Ain’t Quite Where I Think I Am.

The BBC said fans would be able to watch them on BBC One from 11.35pm on Sunday.

Guess it's tonight on TV. 

• Options
    Watching the Leeds live set and you can hardly hear Alex Turner sing over the crowd!
  • Options
    Tried to watch the Reading set, but gave up after 3 songs. The constant screaming from the crowd and the "sing along" drove me nuts.
  • Options
    I enjoyed it, but agree the crowd vocals were strangely high, as were the vast amount of young women there, who possibly outnumbered the men.
  • Options
    Listened to it on BBC Sounds, and the mix was better after 3 songs, just think the crowd lost its shit, and caught the engineers surprised.

• Options
    absolutely loving this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw them about 8 years ago at Reading and they were pretty damn good. I lasted two songs watching on tele the other night before I had to switch off. Couldn't hear the band over the annoying teenage girls singing over the top of them. How dare they lol! I AM now officially a grumpy old man haha!
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I imagine they must be very excited to be playing Hillsborough.

Why didn't Sandgaard get them down to the Valley instead of the Emirates? Psh.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
  • Options
    A song of two halves… naff beginning, very good end.
  • Options
    Got four today for The Emirates in the pre-sale. Looking forward to travelling down to London for that one 
  • Options
    Got three yesterday for up North (Bristol).
  • Options
    God that song is a bit drab, sounds like a naff Bowie attempt.
  • Options
    been stuck on website for an hour

• Options
    Wife in the queue since 9am to get tickets for our son as a Christmas present. Didn't accept her card when she got through (nothing wrong with it) and didn't give her time to try another card before kicking her out. She has rejoined the queue!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just got them but seats not as good as previous ones!
  • Options
    Got a couple yesterday for the Saturday at the Emirates.  They’ve now added a third date there on the Sunday.
  • Options
    Got 2 standing tickets for the Sunday at the Emirates looking forward to seeing the Hives aswell tbf! 
  • Options
    Got 3 in Club Level for Saturday 17th June.
  • Options
    Got 2 standing tickets for the Sunday at the Emirates looking forward to seeing the Hives aswell tbf! 
    Hives are very good, Pelle Almqvist was a proper loon when I previously saw them.
    Clashes with an Ashes Test.
  • Options
    I got tickets on the presale yesterday. Didn’t have to buy the album or anything like it said, just had to click a few things and I got a code. 4 standing tickets at £85 each was painful but I’ve never seen them live before so it’s about time. 
  • Options
    As someone that was a massive fan of them from the start travelling all over to see them this new stuff doesn't do it for me. Also lost a lot of respect for them when I listened to the podcast interview with their former bassist and supposed friend Andy Nicholson who kept his mouth shut for years regarding the way they treated him.

Their gigs have become the ones that those people that aren't really into live music go to once a year, like Coldplay or Ed Sheeran at Wembley Stadium.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    buckshee said:
    As someone that was a massive fan of them from the start travelling all over to see them this new stuff doesn't do it for me. Also lost a lot of respect for them when I listened to the podcast interview with their former bassist and supposed friend Andy Nicholson who kept his mouth shut for years regarding the way they treated him.

Their gigs have become the ones that those people that aren't really into live music go to once a year, like Coldplay or Ed Sheeran at Wembley Stadium.
    Why does everything in people’s minds need to be compartmentalised like this?
    I try not to make judgments on wether new stuff isn’t as good as old stuff, that’s personal preference, I allow myself to try and appreciate the artistic choices that the musicians have made in their current form; that’s really the point of it. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Album is out on Friday but has leaked online. I don't have a link myself, might try to find one later.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

What's the podcast?