Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AM - Arctic Monkeys

Comments

• Options
    TelMc32 said:

TelMc32 said:

JaShea99 said:

I hate them and what they represent.

Puzzled! What do you think they represent?
    Well if he means the majority of their fanbase, I can see why.
    I'm an old g!t...don't get that reference either. Write their own songs, play their own instruments...unfortunately come from Sheffield ( ;-) ). I judge the music I like on the music itself!
    Basically the people that think they're 'indie' tend to have Arctic Monkeys and Kasabian in their top 2 bands. Because apparently only those two bands make 'proper music' anymore.
  • Options
    One of my favourite bands. Met them a fair few times before they went stellar. Really nice lads.

I'm liking the new stuff so will have to try to get tickets for the tour. Looking forward to seeing them on the Glastonbury coverage.
  • Options
    Nothing sadder than an 'indie' kid being pissed off because a band has made it to the mainstream market. Big fan of AM myself
  • Options
    you all surround yourself with irritating people if that's the case, haven't met anyone who's mad some one's "mainstream" since i was about 17.

One person that i used to LOVE and now has sold out badly is Example. Check out his first album What we made and his mixtapes. Could've been one of the best rap artists to come out of the uk but then he decided to sing...
  • Options
    JaShea99...maybe not unique, but always a slight edge and a little different to their peers. I may be a self confessed old g!t, but know a lot about a wide range of music old and new and have always liked hearing something slightly different, whether that's in the voice, the music or both.

Croydon hits the nail on the head and I hold my hands up that I had that attitude many times in the past. Would be nice if people could enjoy what they like without feeling like they and their favourites had "sold out"!

Personally, I like my "favourites" to try different stuff as much as possible :)
  • Options
    Sorry WHAT? Are the above posts aimed at me? I'm 100% NOT an 'indie kid', I can't stand the genre.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Sorry WHAT? Are the above posts aimed at me? I'm 100% NOT an 'indie kid', I can't stand the genre.

so youre a music snob?
  • Options

JaShea99 said:

so youre a music snob?
    ? I don't think so but you'll have to define that for me to be sure.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

No, i said a large section of AM fans are.
  • Options
    Oh. There definitely seemed to be some confusion that I'm a fan of this stuff. I just wanted to make that clear that I'm not at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JaShea99 said:

Haha, no mate. It was me explaining my opinion of them and the fact that I like a little edge/difference in my music regardless of genre, including "indie" (whatever that is)!!

Chill (I quite enjoy a bit of that too!). ;-)
  • Options
    I am quite young, I'd say the arctic monkeys are my favourite band by a long long way, but compared to the people your talking about of whom I understand occur, I am also a huge fan of people like oasis, miles Kane, the Beatles, the stranglers, the kinks. But It's unusual for me to not like much :)
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Oh. There definitely seemed to be some confusion that I'm a fan of this stuff. I just wanted to make that clear that I'm not at all.

So what kind of music do you like.
    And why join this thread to say you think they and Indie music are crap.
    Very strange.

• Options
    I do love a pigeon hole
  • Options

JaShea99 said:

So what kind of music do you like.
    And why join this thread to say you think they and Indie music are crap.
    Very strange.

LOL. Lots. Strange? I opened the thread because I was hoping there was some news on their split or similar. I posted because the OP asked what 'everyone thinks of their music' since I'm part of that everyone, I answered. What would be stranger is 20 people all saying "they're brilliant".
  • Options
    I'm sure that because of their style the arctic monkeys have persuaded the lad type to pick up a guitar.

I rate some of their songs and should be seeing them on the new album tour due to referral from people that have seen them live.

They are the biggest band of the current generation and I can understand the reasons why people would not like em.

For me it's just the music that's important

• Options
    JaShea99 said:

then why post in this thread? Make a thread called "music genres you cant stand" or something.
  • Options
    Why does every threa here turn into an argument? Ifyou don't like it, f*** off somewhere else.
  • Options
    Coldplay suck balls as does Liam Gallagher
  • Options

JaShea99 said:

then why post in this thread? Make a thread called "music genres you cant stand" or something.
    ...see a few posts up. He.asked.for.an.opinion. I gave one. If he only ever heard "they're my favourite band" what would be the point and how would that be representative of opinion?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Why does every threa here turn into an argument? Ifyou don't like it, f*** off somewhere else.

This
  • Options
    You're argumentative, and you've got the face on ?
  • Options
    Is anyone going to try and get tickets for the tour?
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Nothing sadder than an 'indie' kid being pissed off because a band has made it to the mainstream market. Big fan of AM myself

this this this this this this
  • Options
    Saw them at reading festival in 06 thought they were crap and vowed never to see them live again but got tickets to see them at the box at the 02 couple of years ago. Completely different live band and were awesome.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    i saw them at v in 2011 and i thought they were awful but will try and get tickets for earls court in october i think they will own the place
  • Options
    They were fashionable when they first came along, now they're apparently unfashionable because they became popular!!!

Does my head in. Decent band, decent lads & above all decent music. They have also become pretty big in America. So much crap these days is produced on a computer, with the song/lyrics written by someone else but played by an 'artist' who doesn't write or play music.

Find it hard to believe why some are so against a bunch of normal lads who have written their own songs & become successful playing their own instruments!

I'll be watching their Glasto set tonight & fully expect them to make me wish I was there!
  • Options
    For what it's worth I think they are dull as dishwater but music is about opinions (Mine however, is correct;)

Oh and popularity.
  • Options
    R U Mine is the best thing they've done, they've got and better, and certainly live they've become a more interesting and tighter band
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I'd still have to say that 'leave before the lights come' is my favourite song of theirs. Great video too with Paddy Considine in .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEukS2YN9B8