Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton fans and Freemasons

Comments

• Options
    I Assume we are. Happy have we met, happy may we part, and happy meet again.
  • Options

masicat said:

Are we done?

Give us a chance to study it. There are reams of nonsense to get through there.
    You sound like a man with an open mind, very open !!
  • Options
    I think it sounds quality and i will be looking into it in more detail
  • Options
    masicat said:

masicat said:

Are we done?

Give us a chance to study it. There are reams of nonsense to get through there.
    You sound like a man with an open mind, very open !!
    Thanks for that . Thankfully
    My mind isn't open enough to fall for that tripe. You enjoy it it
    Though .
  • Options
    Off_it said:

What are the " mysteries and privileges of Freemasonary"?

No?

• Options

Thats very a very interesting ceremony and one that seems steeped in tradition and purpose

Tradition, yes. Purpose? What's the purpose then?
  • Options
    I hate it when that happens. You spend countless hours sprouting out your hatred and distrust accusing of secrecy and underhand practices and some twat goes and spoils it all. Surely they are planning something? Surely they are running UKIP or the Bank of England ?
  • Options
    Haven't seen any "hatred" on this thread.

Think you need to get over yourself mate.
  • Options
    Thats what i would like to find out
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Thats very a very interesting ceremony and one that seems steeped in tradition and purpose

You can't be serious? Every question answered and you then ask why? Everything has to have a payday? Everything has to have a reason? There is no purpose and no reason . Just a club, surely everyone on here knows what a club is .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    masicat said:

Off_it said:

You can't be serious? Every question answered and you then ask why? Everything has to have a payday? Everything has to have a reason? There is no purpose and no reason . Just a club, surely everyone on here knows what a club is .
    Eh? What you on about now? NLA said it had a purpose. I just asked him what he meant by that.

Who's talking about pay days?

And actually, you still haven't answered my question yet.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Off_it said:

But you haven't answered question 2 ( a link is no good ) and you quite clearly lied about question 5 .
    Anyway I'm off to bed.
  • Options
    Questions were asked and questions were answered. I'm over myself, honest. As I said, I fell out of love with Masonry long ago, but it does too much good to have people doubt it's objectives. Good people meet and many of them put their hands deep into their pockets for good causes. My complaint was that they bowed to external pressure and started to feel they needed to explain everything. I for one felt I didn't want to justify why I was a member, and I will always believe that. Sorry if you wanted it to be secret. You can visit the temple and you can visit the museum any time you want. Again, sorry if that's a problem.
  • Options

masicat said:

Off_it said:

But you haven't answered question 2 ( a link is no good ) and you quite clearly lied about question 5 .
    Anyway I'm off to bed.
    Sleep tight.

I LIED ? I'm a Freemason and an atheist, that's a lie ? OK, shall we start again tomorrow, it's been fun!!,
  • Options
    Badger said:

I Know a Charlton Fan who is a Mason.

Mark Mason?
    His sister was in my class at primary school.

• Options
    You boys must be followers of David Icke ......
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

What are the " mysteries and privileges of Freemasonary"?

No?

I guess not then.

Odd.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    My dads been a mason for Aslong as I can remember, big Charlton fan. Joining doesn't really appeal to me though.
  • Options
    The head of the uk grand lodge says in an interview on bbc website that you have to have a belief in higher being so being an atheist is a no no.
  • Options
    Quote from article

The prime qualification for admission into Freemasonry is a belief in a supreme being. Having some form of religious belief is the one thing that all Freemasons have in common, whatever their backgrounds might be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10851935
    MrOneLung said:

The head of the uk grand lodge says in an interview on bbc website that you have to have a belief in higher being so being an atheist is a no no.

So how do atheists like me get in?
  • Options
    masicat said:

MrOneLung said:

By lying.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

masicat said:

MrOneLung said:

By lying.
    Nope.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    masicat said:

Riviera said:

masicat said:

MrOneLung said:

By lying.
    Nope.
    Do you punch the Grand Wizard in the face at a dinner when he's off his guard and least expects it?
  • Options
    masicat said:

MrOneLung said:

No idea there is no formal application online so I can't answer that.

You keep saying google which I did and found interview with the head honcho and quoted what he said.

• Options
    Riviera said:

masicat said:

Riviera said:

masicat said:

MrOneLung said:

By lying.
    Nope.
    Do you punch the Grand Wizard in the face at a dinner when he's off his guard and least expects it?
    Riviera said:

masicat said:

Riviera said:

masicat said:

MrOneLung said:

By lying.
    Nope.
    Riviera said:

masicat said:

Riviera said:

masicat said:

MrOneLung said:

By lying.
    Nope.
    Hilarious comment. Jesus, your sharp this morning.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Riviera said:

masicat said:

MrOneLung said:

By lying.
    Nope.

My grandfather was for some years a reasonably senior Freemason (third degree and all that), all I know about the organisation and the initiation is that it involves quoting bits of the bible and a strong belief in the existence of a creator deity. How that squares with your atheism I don't know, I presume like the odd church service that I as an atheist have to go to when friends/relatives marry/die/christen their sprogs that it's something you pay lip service to and don't take all that seriously.

I can understand the need for secrecy when back in the day you needed to be sure who was and wasn't an accredited stone mason, but that's long gone now that the masons are a charitable organisation.

The trouble with secretive organisations - be they Bilderberg, the Freemasons or Bromley Addicks is that it makes those who insist on playing secret squirrel look as though they are hiding something important and exclusive. Or it makes them total dicks, you decide.
  • Options
    No quotes from the Bible I'm afraid. My Father died a couple of weeks ago. He had been a Freemason for 40 years and was senior. As well as being committed to Masonry, Charlton Athletic and his family, he was also a committed atheist. As I have said previously, a lot of people join thinking they will get some benefit just for joining. I am afraid they always leave disappointed.

We can all answer yes to " Do you believe in a supreme being? ". That supreme being can be the wife or girlfriend. In my case, back when I joined, it was Derek Hales. That was my God and it was the only one I needed.

Masonry is a system of morality, veiled in allegory and illustrated by symbols. The " mysteries and priveledges" are symbolic. Both men and woman join these days and people from all races and religions. Everything you want to know is online and freely available. Other than that, you could read David Icke, I think he is on earth this week.
  • Options

masicat said:

Riviera said:

masicat said:

MrOneLung said:

By lying.
    Nope.

The trouble with secretive organisations - be they Bilderberg, the Freemasons or Bromley Addicks is that it makes those who insist on playing secret squirrel look as though they are hiding something important and exclusive. Or it makes them total dicks, you decide.
    Bromley Addicks ? WTF. Is that a joke ?
  • Options

masicat said:

Riviera said:

masicat said:

MrOneLung said:

By lying.
    Nope.

Bromley Addicks ? WTF. Is that a joke ?
    Ha Ha. Superb.