Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton fans and Freemasons

Comments

• Options
    My last three threads have vanished very quickly...have I been thread banned or is it the Freemasons?
  • Options
    edited June 2013

" nothing to do with them" ? People are just responding to the initial thread.
    Can't see why it has nothing to do with us . Oh well . If it cracks you up then I suppose its ok .

The opening post was asking if anyone else was a mason, not being challenged "I bet you won't" to reveal details of ceremonies and 'secrets'.

Particularly with freemasonry, i've never understand the clamour from those not involved to demand details of things that happen in a private group. You wouldn't expect people to reveal details of work meetings, or lads weekends to strangers, so why this ? Its no one else's business
    Then we agree to disagree . If people in public office are masons then I want to know why all the secrecy. I'm not alone in that view.
    I agree with you there. Of course it's not really any of our business what a group of ordinary blokes decide to get up to in their own spare time - if its not illegal.

But when it comes to people in public office then I think it's fair game to ask questions.

People are suspicious of secrecy. Saying "we raise a lot of money for charity" isn't really going to change that.
  • Options
    I Know a Charlton Fan who is a Mason.
  • Options
    Gents. For a forum that boasts so many intelligent and diverse thoughts I have to be honest and say this has been a real eye opener for me. I would be happy to host a chat in the Oak at any arranged home game to put minds at rest. I am a Freemason and have been one or over 30 years. Freemasonry is an amateur dramatic society that does nothing but good. The basis of the craft is a moral code that some Masons feel is a way of life. I personally have lapsed over the past few years. I feel that the craft itself has sold out to pressure from those who feel there is something sinister in men who join a club to do good. A lot of idiots do join for business reasons and soon leave when they find they can gain nothing. As I said, those that doubt can meet for a chat. I expect sarcasm and doubt, however, I am happy to explain the reasons why Masonry should be accepted...............Who wants to meet?
  • Options
    masicat said:

Gents. For a forum that boasts so many intelligent and diverse thoughts I have to be honest and say this has been a real eye opener for me. I would be happy to host a chat in the Oak at any arranged home game to put minds at rest. I am a Freemason and have been one or over 30 years. Freemasonry is an amateur dramatic society that does nothing but good. The basis of the craft is a moral code that some Masons feel is a way of life. I personally have lapsed over the past few years. I feel that the craft itself has sold out to pressure from those who feel there is something sinister in men who join a club to do good. A lot of idiots do join for business reasons and soon leave when they find they can gain nothing. As I said, those that doubt can meet for a chat. I expect sarcasm and doubt, however, I am happy to explain the reasons why Masonry should be accepted...............Who wants to meet?

I am genuinely interested.
  • Options
    masicat said:

NLA definitely will
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Nobody doubts that Freemasonry does some good but until the secret ( and it is ) initiation ceremony is revealed to non Masons it cannot be seen as anything other than a secret society. To say it is an amateur dramatic society only fuels the fire. You use the words "Codes" & " Craft" to describe masonry - Why?
    I'm not having a go but you can see why people are highly suspicious of The Masons.
  • Options
    Yeah without a doubt i would genuinely interested to find out what its all about abd what it needs commitment wise

I dont get the hysteria around it nor the cynicism but then thats just me
  • Options

Nobody doubts that Freemasonry does some good but until the secret ( and it is ) initiation ceremony is revealed to non Masons it cannot be seen as anything other than a secret society. To say it is an amateur dramatic society only fuels the fire. You use the words "Codes" & " Craft" to describe masonry - Why?
    I'm not having a go but you can see why people are highly suspicious of The Masons.

What do you want to know?
  • Options
    Coppers get fast-tracked in. Just saying like.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

Coppers get fast-tracked in. Just saying like.

They dont

• Options
    Just googled first degree initiation. Try it.
  • Options
    How do you know? Can you speak for all masons?

Anyway, it was a "joke" for nla's benefit.
  • Options
    masicat said:

What makes you eligible?
    What happens during the joining ceremony?
    How much do you have to pay to join?
    can you leave ?
    Can you be an athiest and a Mason? and if not why not?

• Options

masicat said:

What makes you eligible?
    can you leave ?

Anyone can join.
    Google it
    Depends on the Lodge
    Yep
    Yep
  • Options

many years ago I went to a couple of ladies nights in Eltham, but they wouldn't let me wear my frock

OMG ! Me too, Lancs ! Was that at the Yorkshire Grey ?

Mr F's Dad & uncle who was an Inspector in Special Branch were both Masons at that time.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    masicat said:

masicat said:

What makes you eligible?
    can you leave ?

Anyone can join.
    Google it
    Depends on the Lodge
    Yep
    Yep
    I have googled it and there is no conclusive answer so can you tell me what happened at your opening ceremony?
    Also i believe your wrong about the last answer.
  • Options
    Am I spoiling the fun?
  • Options
    http://www.bilderberg.org/First_Degree.htm

What do you want ? Duke of Kents signature?
  • Options
    masicat said:

Am I spoiling the fun?

are you on the wind up?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Come on then, keep asking?
  • Options
    What are the " mysteries and privileges of Freemasonary"?
  • Options
    jeeez - just a brief read of that worries me. Thanks for the reply though.
  • Options
    Just had a phone call from the top man. Said I will find myself under Blackfriars Bridge tomorrow if I'm not careful. Calvin was a member of Roma Life and done the same thing apparently.
  • Options
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10851935

Come on boys, this is getting boring. I am sure you can all google any question you want to know!!
  • Options
    Thats very a very interesting ceremony and one that seems steeped in tradition and purpose

• Options

Sleep easy and don't worry. A group of old men parading around in fancy dress are not a threat.
  • Options
    Are we done?
  • Options

Would worry me too, if I took it seriously. Thank God I'm an Atheist.

• Options
    masicat said:

Are we done?

Give us a chance to study it. There are reams of nonsense to get through there.