Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bye bye Gus Poyet

Comments

• Options
    I agree with NLA.
  • Options
    He was deputy manager at Dover - I've no idea whether he's still there though.
  • Options
    Was it browny who laid cable
  • Options
    The Poyet thing down there is so interesting, Brighton have spent a lot of dough and need to make it to the Premier League, the pressure must be building on the owner financially.
  • Options
    Doubt he's under pressure.
  • Options
    Badger said:

Didn't Browny end up at Dover after that? Has since left Dover as Joe Kinnear was recently appointed.

Maybe it's Browny's famous lack of sartorial elegance that's the problem....

• Options

I meant the financial pressure, even rich blokes don't like losing 5-6 million quid every season in the Championship, they want their ROI to come at some stage.

That nice new ground would not have come cheap either and they have spent a fair portion on players like Mackail-Smith who would not have been cheap on wages.
  • Options
    On the Brighton forum there have been a few suggestions of CP for next manager.
  • Options
    CP would be a popular choice by all accounts. Jiminez would love his mate Poyet.
  • Options
    Browny is still with Dover under Chris Kinnear, not Joe. The tweet says it all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I meant the financial pressure, even rich blokes don't like losing 5-6 million quid every season in the Championship, they want their ROI to come at some stage.

That nice new ground would not have come cheap either and they have spent a fair portion on players like Mackail-Smith who would not have been cheap on wages.
    He wouldn't like losing the money of course. His target was premier league this year. He's failed. I don't think the money is the issue though personally.
  • Options
    Apparently he sharted up the wall of the Palace dressing room and wrote Holloway's half time team talk in the filth. Later put the incident down to a bad steak. Crazy Uruguans?
  • Options
    A Brighton fan having a go at Diego on twitter about his dad leaving Brighton, what a moron.
  • Options
    Been suspended by the club along with Taricco and Oatway. All a bit wierd.
  • Options
    Curbs 20/1 with Victor Chandler to be Brighton's next manager, Kenny Jackett 33/1. If I was a Brighton fan then I'd take either of those - none of the other supposed contenders look remotely tempting to me.
  • Options

Apparently he sharted up the wall of the Palace dressing room and wrote Holloway's half time team talk in the filth. Later put the incident down to a bad steak. Crazy Uruguans?

When would he he have done that? Sounds like a weird thing that a nigel would make up.
  • Options
    Curbs, ably assisted by Stevie Brown and Steve Gritt. The dream team!
  • Options
    Poyet must have really upset someone.
  • Options
    Curbs at Brighton would make a lot of sense. So would Brighton looking at Powell
  • Options
    Curbs has been out of the game too long.
    Cant see them going for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seen a Wolves fan claim that we're unhappy with Powell too. Some people need to be careful with their minority views.
  • Options
    bit harsh for Poyet to have a dig at the owner about financial backing when he was allowed to sign the likes of Bridge, Upson and Kuszczak. Their wage bill must've been ridiculously high in the second half of the season. And he has a moan after his team play like absolute c*nts in their biggest game for years. No wonder the owner has suspended him.
  • Options
    Yep, since Curbs last managed the game has changed beyond all recognition, the balls are now square, the pitch is triangular, players hover instead of running and the goal are now circular and suspended from the roofs of the stands.

Hang on a minute, nothings changed, that game is exactly the same as it was 5 years ago and everything Curbs knows is still relevant.
  • Options
    perhaps he going back to Uruguay ..
  • Options
    So Poogate did actually happen and Poyet also had a pop at the person who's idea it was to hand out 28,000 clappers.
  • Options

So Poogate did actually happen and Poyet also had a pop at the person who's idea it was to hand out 28,000 clappers.

Good man,
  • Options
    Taken from the link above, you've got to laugh at some people.

"I know a few Charlton STH's and they are not renewing next year! Boring football (defend / defend / defend with the odd counter attack!). Powell's main priority is not to lose. They have become very disillusioned, quote: I’m not even renewing my season ticket next year (after 15 years!) – worst football I’ve ever seen."
  • Options
    I've seen Wolves and Leicester fans saying the same stuff. I hope they're making it up... Just one look at CL shows our 100% support. :-)
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Taken from the link above, you've got to laugh at some people.

"I know a few Charlton STH's and they are not renewing next year! Boring football (defend / defend / defend with the odd counter attack!). Powell's main priority is not to lose. They have become very disillusioned, quote: I’m not even renewing my season ticket next year (after 15 years!) – worst football I’ve ever seen."

Agreed Joe. I know i'm not a season ticket holder, but there is nothing different about this season has meant me not wanting to go to games just as much as i did last season.

Ther'se one thing our fans aren't (and have no right to be) and that's glory hunters!!