Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pubs, and the demise of.

Comments

• Options

Used to go in the Vanbrough to try and pull the nurses

I know someone who's a nurse and used to drink in there, Jason is his name.
    Did you used to go on the pull in there an al then Guiny pal?
    i did, and the Sailor and the Gloucester.
    Are you Jason?
  • Options

Used to go in the Vanbrough to try and pull the nurses

I know someone who's a nurse and used to drink in there, Jason is his name.
    Did you used to go on the pull in there an al then Guiny pal?
    i did, and the Sailor and the Gloucester.
    Are you Jason?
    well I am partial to a nurses uniform

Love.
  • Options
    The guvs name at the Vanbrugh was Tony when we went there, he then had the Barrier.
  • Options

Shag said:

The Coach n Horses Bexley shuts down in a few weeks . More flats

To be fair, the last time I went, there was nothing there that made me want to go back.
    Bit different if its your local though
  • Options
    Shag said:

Shag said:

To be fair, the last time I went, there was nothing there that made me want to go back.
    True, although there are 3 pubs just around the corner.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Shag said:

Shag said:

And one of them is The Millers ;)
  • Options

Shag said:

Shag said:

And one of them is The Millers ;)
    OiOi
  • Options
    What this one @Riviera ?
  • Options
    Has Greenwich council introduced article 4 direction which removes the automatic wright to change the use of public houses in this case and means the developer has to go through another level of planning permission. this will at least give the local community the wright to complain and may make Councillors think twice before allowing a change of use.
  • Options

What this one @Riviera ?

Amongst others
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2017
    msomerton said:

Has Greenwich council introduced article 4 direction which removes the automatic wright to change the use of public houses in this case and means the developer has to go through another level of planning permission. this will at least give the local community the wright to complain and may make Councillors think twice before allowing a change of use.

The pub is not under threat, it's beer garden that is.
  • Options
    What about this idea? What could go wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrkUHOkwsu8
  • Options
    There's a pub in the MGM Grand in Vegas that's has a similar set up.
  • Options
    It's in Pague?
    I wonder if Prague knows where this is?
  • Options
    Shag said:

Shag said:

Very sad news, it was my local for a number of years. Okay, it wasn't the best boozer in Bexley, but it was a real coach house dating back hundreds of years. Another piece of history gone.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

Shag said:

Shag said:

Very sad news, it was my local for a number of years. Okay, it wasn't the best boozer in Bexley, but it was a real coach house dating back hundreds of years. Another piece of history gone.
    We used to play bar billiards in there about 25 years ago. Was a half decent pub then but has been going downhill for a while now.
  • Options
    One of the few pubs in the area I've never been in. Always thought was a Millwall boozer so never appealed
  • Options
    Thought I'd tell you that my local pub (The Blacksmiths arms, Cudham) won best commercial garden out of London and Kent the last 3 years. It's always busy and we're slowly Charlton invading in that pub as their is 7 of us who drink in there lol

https://www.facebook.com/flowerpubcudham/
  • Options
    Great boozer Disco
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeh mate , the old Wick and the old mill went , both turned into flats as well .
  • Options
    The Vanbrugh is minutes away from me and was a good locals pub when it had the aviary out the back. I never go there now; poor beer at West End prices and bone-idle bar staff who seem to be annoyed they're working there.
    Cock-a-hoop that The River has opened down the road and imagine I'll be a regular.
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

Thought I'd tell you that my local pub (The Blacksmiths arms, Cudham) won best commercial garden out of London and Kent the last 3 years. It's always busy and we're slowly Charlton invading in that pub as their is 7 of us who drink in there lol

https://www.facebook.com/flowerpubcudham/

Back in the day I played cricket against Cudham Wyse Cricket Club on the recreation ground next to that pub. It was rumoured that the odd pint was consumed during the match, something I can neither confirm nor deny even at this distance in time.

They were always enjoyable matches with a village cricket ambience. The teas were really good too as I recall.

• Options
    Redskin said:

The Vanbrugh is minutes away from me and was a good locals pub when it had the aviary out the back. I never go there now; poor beer at West End prices and bone-idle bar staff who seem to be annoyed they're working there.
    Cock-a-hoop that The River has opened down the road and imagine I'll be a regular.

Where's "The River" @Redskin ? Not heard about that and can't find any reference to it on t'internet.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Just opened, Largo . The young lad said they have a Facebook page if you're into that.
    It's in the old knickers shop on Woolwich Rd, on the corner across from what was Meridian Press and opposite the GMT cafe, if you're familiar with the area.
    Edit; if you were heading towards Charlton on the Woolwich Rd from Greenwich, it's on the left, about 200m before you reach the flyover.
  • Options
    Cheers,I'll have to pay it a visit.
  • Options

One of the few pubs in the area I've never been in. Always thought was a Millwall boozer so never appealed

Landlord was Millwall I think but I remember going in there in a Charlton shirt to watch a game on their big screen, back in the "Premier Years".
  • Options
    Shag said:

Yeh mate , the old Wick and the old mill went , both turned into flats as well .

A mate of mine reckoned he'd single handedly kept the Old Wick afloat for many years, but it went downhill in the end with a series of shit managers. The Old Mill was another historic building lost to the developers.
  • Options

Badger said:

The star and Garter in Bromley high street is currently undergoing a refit, Opening soon

Will it still be a gay bar gay bar ?
    How do you know, you know
    The rainbow flag was a bit of a giveaway.