Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Options
    Thing is I cant see us letting go Stephens and Hollands. One or the other maybe, but not both. Unless we have another CM coming in.

Gower, Hughes, Pritchard (who plays on the right most of the time) and Jacko is not strong enough.
  • Options
    Slightly surprised we are interested in CH's. Morrison, Cort and Dervite with Feely and Ajayi seems like enough cover really.

But what do i know
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

Slightly surprised we are interested in CH's. Morrison, Cort and Dervite with Feely and Ajayi seems like enough cover really.

But what do i know

I was surprised too, thought that CB was one of our stronger positions.
  • Options
    Agreed... unless Morrison is off I am content with CBs for now.
  • Options
    Its more a player is available and clubs are looking of which we are 1 that is looking i am sure it happens all the time
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Havent Pboro got a really leaky defense?

Zakuani is a good player. We should have signed him when he was at Leyton Orient before he went to Fulham.

• Options

CAFCsayer said:

Havent Pboro got a really leaky defense?

Zakuani is a good player. We should have signed him when he was at Leyton Orient before he went to Fulham.

• Options
    Zakuani or Bostwick would be great.
  • Options
    Not CAFC related but Fulham have signed Stekelenberg as their new first choice 'keeper.
  • Options

Thing is I cant see us letting go Stephens and Hollands. One or the other maybe, but not both. Unless we have another CM coming in.

Gower, Hughes, Pritchard (who plays on the right most of the time) and Jacko is not strong enough.

Rouamba ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Zakuani or Bostwick would be great.

Peterborough payed half a million for Bostwick last year. Would guess they would want to recoup most of that.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Rouamba ?

Still gone i believe

• Options

sammy391 said:

Rouamba ?

Still gone i believe

Saw him last game of the season , has he left since then then ?
  • Options
    I was told that he hadnt been seen around when the question was asked before

Although they did say nothing had been said to say he had left
  • Options

I was told that he hadnt been seen around when the question was asked before

Although they did say nothing had been said to say he had left

Probably drinking a coffee with Alonso and Gibbs somewhere.
  • Options
    Latest FR

03 Jun 2013 18:32:28
    Dany N'Guessan of Millwall has put in another request to leave as he wants to push through a move to Charlton, team he was on loan to 2011/12

03 Jun 2013 18:59:49
    Charlton this summer have work to do
    first they need to get 2 strikers in to take the load off yann and jackson
    second they need to get a left back, or put faith in morgan fox to do well and push rhoys wiggins
    third they need to attract more fans to get gates over 20 000
    fourth they need to cut the wage bill a small bit because our wage bill is 13m, it needs to drop a few million
    possible transfer targets are

mark gower-done
    marlon pack- good chance, 500k
    simeon jackson- good chance, free
    gary taylor fletcher- good chance, free
    conor henderson, good chance, free
    sanchez watt, outside chance, free
    jake wright, outside chance, free

outs
    dale stephens 1.5m
    danny hollands 250k
    danny green, loan
    semi ajayi, loan
    bradley jordan free
  • Options
    Ackworth...again!
  • Options
    The DNG one looks plausible.
  • Options
    Stephens 1.5m seems a stretch!
  • Options
    Latest FR rumour has Ackworth written all over it. Need to get wages down as too high but going to spend £500K on a transfer fee for a bloke out of contract. Lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dwight Gayle from Peterborough?
  • Options
    dizzee said:

would cost a fair bit after the season he had.

I woudl be happy with DNG as back up to CH and another forward as well.
  • Options
    This was tweeted by an account called football league rumours.Don't know if it is relaible or FR by another name.

FL Rumours ‏@FL_Rumours 36m
    Charlton looking to sign midfielder Dean Furman if Dale Stephens moves elsewhere #cafc
  • Options

Agreed... unless Morrison is off I am content with CBs for now.

It's about being prepared for the season though. Three CHs is not enough to get you through with injuries, suspensions and fatigue. Our three are good but we need four Championship level defenders, regardless of whether or not Feeley has made the bench before. Last season Cort was injured and both Morro and Dervite served suspensions. I don't fancy going up against QPR with Cort and Feeley as our starting line-up. We should always look to be improving on what we have
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Richard J said:

This was tweeted by an account called football league rumours.Don't know if it is relaible or FR by another name.

Charlton looking to sign midfielder Dean Furman if Dale Stephens moves elsewhere #cafc

"Dean Furman (born 22 June 1988) is a South African footballer who plays for English League One club Oldham Athletic."

Can't remember one South African player whose ever done well for us so it's a no from me.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Latest FR

03 Jun 2013 18:32:28
    Dany N'Guessan of Millwall has put in another request to leave as he wants to push through a move to Charlton, team he was on loan to 2011/12

03 Jun 2013 18:59:49
    Charlton this summer have work to do
    first they need to get 2 strikers in to take the load off yann and jackson
    second they need to get a left back, or put faith in morgan fox to do well and push rhoys wiggins
    third they need to attract more fans to get gates over 20 000
    fourth they need to cut the wage bill a small bit because our wage bill is 13m, it needs to drop a few million
    possible transfer targets are

mark gower-done
    marlon pack- good chance, 500k
    simeon jackson- good chance, free
    gary taylor fletcher- good chance, free
    conor henderson, good chance, free
    sanchez watt, outside chance, free
    jake wright, outside chance, free

outs
    dale stephens 1.5m
    danny hollands 250k
    danny green, loan
    semi ajayi, loan
    bradley jordan free

Interesting follow up to that post is:

"Bradley Jordan isn't leaving. He's been given another one year contract - it just hasn't been announced by the powers that be yet."

When will the OS give the news on youth/development contracts I wonder
  • Options

Richard J said:

"Dean Furman (born 22 June 1988) is a South African footballer who plays for English League One club Oldham Athletic."

Can't remember one South African player whose ever done well for us so it's a no from me.
    We had a plethora of them in the 50s and 60s?

• Options

Richard J said:

We had a plethora of them in the 50s and 60s?

• Options
    sammy391 said:

Taken from into the valley forum

Not as yet but at least one season loan being lined up and also trying to bring Obika in too.

I understand that a bid for a CB has been put on the table and Stephens has had or will have a medical at another club very soon.

Another contact has indicated that Bournemouth are interested in a swop deal involving Danny Hollands. They are looking to offload striker Wes Thomas but that does not mean to say he is the player involved.

We are also interested in an overseas player and one from Peterborough and another possibly from Bristol City. It could be that the CB and the Peterborough player are the same person in Zakuani but that is me putting 2 + 2 together.

CP having to wheel and deal rather than offer hard cash but our owner could be open to persuasion if a meeting with CP goes to plan.

Read more: http://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/13504/mark-gower-signs-year-deal#ixzz2VAGLuu6l

Despite what is said about him,Reams was right two years ago about Matt Taylor and Rhoys Wiggins amongst others and with his connections and he does sometimes have genuine insider info.

He goes on in the thread to suggest that Bristol City striker Steven Davies was one of the five players who were allegedly lined up last summer.

I always thought that we might target Bristol City and Peterborough players and Zakuani would be perfect as one of the four CB's.

On another matter Cawley reports in the SLP that we are looking at Joe Martin of Gillingham (Alvin's son) as an option if Cedric Evina does not stay.Ceddy is looking for two years and we have only offered one,the way Cawley views it there is a strong possibility Ceddy might stay a completely different emphasis to Sky last week.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Could the other player from Peterborough be Lee Tomlin?

His name has been mentioned in connection to us in the past
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!