Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 2m

Charlton and Sheffield Wednesday are tracking Cheltenham midfielder Marlon Pack. #CTFC #CAFC #SWFC
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11684/8743188/Transfer-news-Charlton-Sheffield-Wednesday-are-tracking-Cheltenham-s-Marlon-Pack
  • Options
    Dervite can play left back if needed too.
  • Options

No he can't.Too slow and not left footed.He can use his left foot but he is principally a right footer.

• Options

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 2m

Charlton and Sheffield Wednesday are tracking Cheltenham midfielder Marlon Pack. #CTFC #CAFC #SWFC
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11684/8743188/Transfer-news-Charlton-Sheffield-Wednesday-are-tracking-Cheltenham-s-Marlon-Pack

I wanted us to try and get Pack when we got promoted last year so it would be an interesting one, I could see him making the step up quite well.
  • Options
    Packs a good player. Got good technique if football managers anything to go by ;)
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

No he can't.Too slow and not left footed.He can use his left foot but he is principally a right footer.

Well I don't know about slow, by the standards of most of Charlton centre backs of recent times he's practically Usain Bolt! Though I agree, playing at full back doesn't suit him and on the left even less so. Looks to me like with experience he's going to be a darn good centre back, let him play there.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

dickplumb said:

Well I don't know about slow, by the standards of most of Charlton centre backs of recent times he's practically Usain Bolt! Though I agree, playing at full back doesn't suit him and on the left even less so. Looks to me like with experience he's going to be a darn good centre back, let him play there.
    We've got to leave Dervite where he is and either get a replacement for Evina or put faith in our youth. I don't like the idea of playing any players out of position.
  • Options

Packs a good player. Got good technique if football managers anything to go by ;)

Give him the vacant number six shirt
  • Options
    As we missed out on Judge, the Cheltenham lad must be next down on CP's 'packing' order....
  • Options
    Seen Pack play he's a very good player and still young! Out of contract at Cheltenham as well, would be pleased if true
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Conor henderson from arsenal anyone? Been released from arsenal. Ireland u21 international
  • Options

Conor henderson from arsenal anyone? Been released from arsenal. Ireland u21 international

Need a new winger in my opinion and always happy to see young, eager players sign but if I'm honest never seen him play so I couldn't say
  • Options
    Diawara anyone? Ex West Ham now at PSG, although loaned out for most of last season. Sky Sports reporting we're interested. Can't remember what he was like at West Ham.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11684_2270516,00+en-USS_01DBC.html
  • Options

Diawara anyone? Ex West Ham now at PSG, although loaned out for most of last season. Sky Sports reporting we're interested. Can't remember what he was like at West Ham.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11684_2270516,00+en-USS_01DBC.html

That must be from about 2003?!!!!
  • Options
    Yeah, according to Wiki he's 37 (27 in the article). How on earth did you come across this?
  • Options
    I'm having a bad day that's how! Like someone else said above proves why old people shouldn't have computers. Mind you only 37...could still do a job?
  • Options
    it's Kaba Diawara they're talking about, not Souleymane.
  • Options
    Abrakadabra

Cedric Cedric evina
    He gonna Run past And Skin ya

Feel for for the Lad. He had Wasted 2 years as he Needs to play. Equally we are within our rights to have good quality back up.

We would never have signed him if we knew wiggins was a potential arrival. So not really anyone's fault.

I guess he is probably disappointed at the wasted time. Shame but he should keep his own counsel on that as it does him no favors in the game. noone likes a whinger.

I reckon he could get a deal with one of the promoted sides as he is sure champ quality with a run of games. He has a lot of assets and a good work ethic
  • Options

I'm having a bad day that's how! Like someone else said above proves why old people shouldn't have computers. Mind you only 37...could still do a job?

Don't worry, I posted an old rumour the other day too (see above). However, mine was only a couple of weeks old, not a decade!

• Options
    Macronate said:

it's Kaba Diawara they're talking about, not Souleymane.

Yea, but kaba diawara retired 2 years ago!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Arsenal's release list of youngsters.Henderson and Watt seem to be linked with us on FR quite a bit,well they are now available on frees.

Arsenal Football Club will release 10 young professionals at the end of their contracts on June 30.
    Conor Henderson, Jernade Meade, Sanchez Watt, James Shea, Reice Charles-Cook, Sead Hajrovic, Philip Roberts, Nigel Neita, Samir Bihmoutine and Josh Rees will all be free to join other clubs from July 1.
    Henderson, Meade and Watt all made first-team appearances for Arsenal.
    Henderson, 21, made his one senior outing in an FA Cup replay against Leyton Orient in 2010/11. He has also represented the Republic of Ireland at under-21 level.
    Meade, a regular in the Arsenal reserve and under-21 sides for the past two seasons, made two appearances for the first team last term. After helping the Gunners to a 7-5 League Cup victory over Reading in October, the 20-year-old full back marked his full debut with an assured display at Olympiacos in December.
    Watt - part of the 2009 FA Youth Cup-winning side - featured three times for the senior team in 2009/10 and has gained competitive experience in loan spells with Colchester United, Crawley Town, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United and Southend United. A pacy striker, Watt scored five times in nine appearances for the under-21s last term.
    Islington-born goalkeeper Shea was another fixture of the 2009 FA Youth Cup-winning side. He joins fellow keeper Charles-Cook in departing the Club this summer.
    Hajrovic, who won the Under-17 World Cup with Switzerland in 2009, has been a regular for Arsenal’s reserve and under-21 sides for a number of seasons and made his senior level bow on loan with Barnet in League Two in 2011/12.
    Roberts spent the 2012/13 season on loan with Inverness Caledonian Thistle, adapting well to first-team football with 23 appearances for the Scottish Premier League side.
    Young forward Nigel Neita, called up to the full Jamaica squad last year, earned opportunities at under-21 level for Arsenal too, as did left-back Bihmoutine and midfielder Rees.
    Everyone at Arsenal would like to thank these players for their contributions to the Club and wish them well in their future careers.
  • Options
    They must all be worse than Frimpong technically so are they good enough for us?
  • Options
    That Jernane Meade is meant to be really good, friend who supports Arsenal said he is like Kieran Gibbs, left for first team football I heard but might be a good Ceddy like signing
  • Options
    5ft 3 for a full back ? What kind of height is that ?
  • Options
    vff said:

5ft 3 for a full back ? What kind of height is that ?

Short.

• Options

They must all be worse than Frimpong technically so are they good enough for us?

Well put. My sentiments entirely.

• Options
    Marlon Pack wanted by us, Wendies, Ipswich and Derby according to lots of different people on FR.

30 May 2013 14:26:12
    Cedric Evina is interesting a number of Championship clubs including Ipswich and Watford after rejecting a new deal at Charlton Athletic

27 May 2013 11:05:10
    Charlton are interested in Gary taylor-fletcher. The 31 year old Blackpool striker is also on the radar of a number of other championship clubs.
  • Options
    Taylor-Fletcher seems to be a name repeated this window.
  • Options
    Any truth in this Carlton Cole rumour?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!