Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Food items you hate/don't get.

Comments

• Options
    Liver 
    Olives
    Blue Cheeses
    Whisky (Most spirits really)
    Jellied Ills

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Ive said it a million times but I will never get pie n mash. I mean it’s alright but the fake clamour for cheap meat surrounded by crap undercooked pastry puzzles me. A proper pub pie with nice mashed potatoes, yes.

Parsnips - weird sweet veg. No thanks.

Cant think of much else I don’t like.
  • Options
    I can’t eat hot tomato; plumb, chopped or heated fresh 🤮 although love them fresh and cold on a salad.

Not sure what that is all about 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Dim sum 
    marmite
    kiwi fruit 
  • Options
    Fish and Cheese.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Ive said it a million times but I will never get pie n mash. I mean it’s alright but the fake clamour for cheap meat surrounded by crap undercooked pastry puzzles me. A proper pub pie with nice mashed potatoes, yes.

I eat pie n mash with liquor but have to agree a decent homemade pie and mash in a pub is on another level. Though gorddards in Greenwich do a good selection of pies not just minced meat. 
  • Options
    Paneer

• Options
    edited March 2023

Agree about pearl barley. My Mum used to add it to stew it was the slimy texture I hated.  Ugh

• Options

The liquor is bland too.  Whole thing is bland.

I agree that a proper pie (steak & ale, chicken & veg, pork in cider etc etc), mash and gravy is so much better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure what it is called, have a feeling it's buckwheat. My nan used to add it to certain casseroles to thicken them up. Awful stuff. 
    Pearl barley maybe?
  • Options
    I hate kiwi fruit. I've never tasted one actually but I hate them. They're nasty little buggers, all furry and small. In my nightmares they have little legs and bounce off my head and I wake up screaming.
    Think how the kiwi fruit feel. 🤔
  • Options
    Snails (escargot)

Cannt stand them.  We were all dished up a little plate of snails as a complimentary dish in a French restaurant and we wrapped ours in a piece of paper for later despatch as we didn’t want to offend the waiter.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I hate kiwi fruit. I've never tasted one actually but I hate them. They're nasty little buggers, all furry and small. In my nightmares they have little legs and bounce off my head and I wake up screaming.
    Think how the kiwi fruit feel. 🤔
    I don't have to think, I know how they feel.

I had to work in a kiwi fruit factory in Tauranga, NZ feeling them for ripeness to separate those for export from those for local sale. Then I moved on to conveyer belt packing which is where my hatred for the bastard fruit of the devil was born.

• Options
    I can’t eat hot tomato; plumb, chopped or heated fresh 🤮 although love them fresh and cold on a salad.

Not sure what that is all about 🤷‍♂️
    Similar to this, I hate cooked carrot but like raw carrot, carrot cake. Also like cheese but hate stuff in a cheese sauce. 
  • Options
    Coriander. Food from hell. Make a nice salad, curry, sandwich..... and how best to ruin it? Stick the overpowering soapy taste of coriander in it. Fucking rank.

Also Parmesan cheese. I like a nice spag bol, but would rather it doesnt smell of sick thanks very much.
    To add to the "did you knows..." Coriander only tastes like soap to about 1 in 5 or so... Apparently your genetic disposition makes you super sensitive to aldehydes 
  • Options

I believe I may have mentioned something similar a few times.
  • Options
    Sushi - aka raw fish. Do I look like a Dolphin?  Stop saving money on gas and just cook the stuff.
    Spinach - don't see the point. Tastes like slime and you actually use more calories eating it than you get from it.
    Artichokes - revolting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mayonnaise, Brussel sprouts, beans on toast.

Absolutely disgusting.
  • Options
    Marmite -but I do like twiglets though 
  • Options

Same, I'll eat it and it goes down a treat, but don't get the euphoria around it.

Ditto oysters, I'll eat them and enjoy them, but can't understand some people falling over eachother trying to explain their love for them
  • Options
    Do these nightmares occur after eating mushrooms?
    If so, you may wish to change supplier.
  • Options
    Semolina 🤮
  • Options
    Cauliflower cheese
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

Same, I'll eat it and it goes down a treat, but don't get the euphoria around it.

Ditto oysters, I'll eat them and enjoy them, but can't understand some people falling over eachother trying to explain their love for them
    Yeah, went away for a dirty weekend with a girlfriend once and had a dozen oysters, but 3 of them didn’t work. 
  • Options
    Nando’s. Never been! Just chicken a few different ways!?
  • Options
    I've been and wasn't too impressed by it.
  • Options
    Oysters. Like swallowing a salty greeny. Most overrated food out there. Just don’t get it.