Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Food items you hate/don't get.

Comments

• Options
    Sprouts
  • Options
    Dr Peppers 🤮
  • Options
    Cheese. Can eat mozzarella but anything stronger than that makes me heave. My mum said that even as a baby anything with cheese in it made me sick.

Like all veg apart from carrots, although could eat them if I had to. 

Not a massive fan of seafood either. Don't mind prawns/shrimps and cockles but don't think I could keep whelks down.
  • Options
    There's very little I can't eat, the ones that spring to mind are tomatoes, as tomatoes, I'm OK with pasta sauce, pizza, etc., and anchovies.

I'm not a lover of beetroot, tinned spaghetti, and liver.

I've never tried tripe and don't want to.

Apart from weird stuff like preserved fish and the sort of thing they make them eat on I'm a Celebrity..., I reckon I could eat anything else.

• Options
    Got a mate who eats cheese and strawberry jam in the same sandwich and another that puts sugar in his soup .i kid you not.
    One of my favourite butties and just as nice on jacobs cream crackers!

The one food I really don't get is pizza, bland boring crap. Always puzzled me how it is so popular.
  • Options
    Interesting how the old taste buds change as you get older .. a few dislikes for whisky,strong cheese, anchovy etc ...I love the aforementioned but now aged 66 I may not have done 40 years ago. 

Despite all its supposed healthy qualities I find avocado a waste of time 

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Roast dinners - which I am sure will be controversial on here (!!) - my late Step Mum wasn’t a great cook, and her roast dinners were awful - it was like she cooked the food in a nuclear reactor - cauliflower, roast potato’s, peas, carrots etc all irradiated, and tasted terrible

Weirdly, she did nice leeks in cheese sauce, so I like leeks 

My Wife is an excellent cook, and it annoys her I won’t eat roast dinners, but I just can’t do it

This Christmas Day I asked if we could have curry instead - flat no from her, but I was allowed to select what I wanted on my plate, so it was basically Turkey, sausages, roast potato’s, parsnips, smothered in bread sauce

The cheese and crackers afterwards was a much larger plate !!

Hence why I don’t enter ‘rate my plate’
  • Options
    I'll eat anything apart from blue cheese. Rancid shit.
  • Options
    Pears.
    Marmite.
    Bovril.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rhubarb
    Peanut Butter
    Salted Caramel
    Quinoa
    Pomegranate
  • Options
    Mayonnaise on water crackers.
    I think it’s a throw back to my university rugger days.
  • Options
      University rugby deviants - the only saving grace is that you weren't Men's Hockey...
  • Options
    Mayonnaise on water crackers....disgusting.

Why weren't you eating out of another players jockstrap?
  • Options
    Sweetcorn 
    Cauliflower cheese
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Mayonnaise on water crackers....disgusting.

Why weren't you eating out of another players jockstrap?
    washed down with piss out of a boot
  • Options
    The one I don't really get is risotto - to me it's fancy rice pudding. Now that's a treat when served with a dollop of strawberry jam in the middle but the way chefs fall to the knees when risotto is mentioned just mystifies me. 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Mushrooms always hated them. My brother in law used to always try and add them to any dish he was cooking just to wind me up. 

Coleslaw now as it gives me bad indigestion. 

Marmite

ketchup

Breakfast waffles or pancakes. 
  • Options
    Calamari, oysters, sea food in general actually. Even fish and chips is a rare meal if I had my way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Champagne. Overpriced swill
  • Options
    Coriander. Food from hell. Make a nice salad, curry, sandwich..... and how best to ruin it? Stick the overpowering soapy taste of coriander in it. Fucking rank.

Also Parmesan cheese. I like a nice spag bol, but would rather it doesnt smell of sick thanks very much.
  • Options
    Not sure what it is called, have a feeling it's buckwheat. My nan used to add it to certain casseroles to thicken them up. Awful stuff. 
  • Options
    Maybe pearl barley?
  • Options
    Coriander. Food from hell. Make a nice salad, curry, sandwich..... and how best to ruin it? Stick the overpowering soapy taste of coriander in it. Fucking rank.

Also Parmesan cheese. I like a nice spag bol, but would rather it doesnt smell of sick thanks very much.
    I believe Parmesan cheese smells like puke because it contains an enzyme that's also found in vomit.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Gherkin 
    Cucumber
    Radish 
    Celery
    Olives
    Anchovies
    Grapefruit
    Jellied eel
    Pie & Mash…..bland and pretty tasteless.🤨
    Liver
    Coffee
    Dark chocolate 
    Blue Cheese
    Tapioca
    Spicy chutney
    Fennel
    Hot curries…..overpowers the taste of the food IMHO.

• Options
    Not sure what it is called, have a feeling it's buckwheat. My nan used to add it to certain casseroles to thicken them up. Awful stuff. 
    If your Nan was Scottish it might be buckfast
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Maybe pearl barley?
    Yeah that's the one
  • Options
    Anything that comes out the sea (I’m am allergic to it all) so it may be lovely, but I will never find out.
  • Options
    I believe Parmesan cheese smells like puke because it contains an enzyme that's also found in vomit.
    Butyric acid - Back in my working days I had to check something for that stuff, this involved getting a bottle of the neat material as a standard. Opening that up was not a pleasant experience!