Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jose Mourinho - Like Or Loathe? (Pg 13, sacked Man U)

Comments

• Options
    Could Brendan Rogers be interested?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Any worries Poch would be tempted @JohnBoyUK ?

Yep, of course.

I note Utd have said they will have a caretaker in charge until the end of the season. If they wanted Zidane then surely they'd go in for him now.
    Gives them a bit of time and gives them a bit more of a chance to get who they really want. No chance would Levy allow him to go mid-season.

With the obvious exception of trophies in the cabinet, the job Poch has done with Spurs in the last 4 seasons is exceptional. No surprise at all that the very biggest clubs would come sniffing after him.
    Expect Levy to get him to sign a new 20 year contract this week. Nothing to do with the compo of course!
  • Options
    Rodgers,sorry
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Yep, of course.

I note Utd have said they will have a caretaker in charge until the end of the season. If they wanted Zidane then surely they'd go in for him now.
    Gives them a bit of time and gives them a bit more of a chance to get who they really want. No chance would Levy allow him to go mid-season.

With the obvious exception of trophies in the cabinet, the job Poch has done with Spurs in the last 4 seasons is exceptional. No surprise at all that the very biggest clubs would come sniffing after him.
    I really hope that doesn't happen. Poch is one of my favourite managers and ManU are the club that I hate the most apart from Palace.
  • Options
    Poch to Real Madrid, ZZ to Spurs.

Manure will struggle to find anyone to take on what is an impossible job.
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

Yep, of course.

Expect Levy to get him to sign a new 20 year contract this week. Nothing to do with the compo of course!
    Haha, thats Levy all over. Poch signed a new 5 year contract in the summer.

If any of you want a book to read over the Christmas holidays, get Poch's book. It'll open your eyes up to the sort of man he is.
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:

Could Brendan Rogers be interested?

Oh please! That would be hilarious.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Yep, of course.

If any of you want a book to read over the Christmas holidays, get Poch's book. It'll open your eyes up to the sort of man he is.
    I already did a few months ago. The weirdest part is he believes in spiritual things. :joy:
  • Options

I already did a few months ago. The weirdest part is he believes in spiritual things. :joy:

I must admit, I found that really weird. My wife is also a believer in the positive/negative energy thing too. Sigh.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Yep, of course.

Seems to be working pretty well for him to be fair!
  • Options
    One thing the book does cover is Poch's admiration for Sir Alex Ferguson, the legacy he created at Old Trafford and how he would like to repeat the same thing at Spurs with Levy.

(That was before Levy didn't back him in the last transfer window mind you! Sigh.)
  • Options
    Reckon Zidane
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Yep, of course.

JohnBoyUK said:

I must admit, I found that really weird. My wife is also a believer in the positive/negative energy thing too. Sigh.

How weird. My wife also believes in the world of spirits and positive energy that can result from embracing those beliefs. She says that's why she drinks so much.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

How much longer will they stick with him for?

Worst ever start to a premier league season. 19 points behind Liverpool. 11 points behind 4th.

Leaving Pogba on the bench to prove a point, Martial wants away, De Gea surely can't be too fussed about staying.

He has to go. He has had the money but has wasted it. They need to change half the squad and Mourinho clearly cannot be trusted to do that. Not getting the best, or even playing one of their only world class players.

Would imagine Zidane would be interested and could be a decent appointment.
    They have the players its just that he seems to demotivate players and pick fights with so many of them.

Get a more attack minded manager and they would look a different side.

Thought from the start that he wasn't the right fit for them.
    I disagree. Players like Pogba and Sanchez haven't done well under Mourinho so I agree with that point.

But their squad is still a lot weaker then City's and Liverpool's.
  • Options
    Get in big Sam till the end of the season, that should keep them up.
  • Options
    Roy Keane was asked how the United team of ’99' would have fared against Liverpool. He replied, "We would have won 1-0." "Only 1-0?" asked the reporter. "Yes, since most of us are in our 40's now!"

The Sanchez deal have been a disaster.
    He was top trumps at Arsenal but just a joker at united. The buck must stop with Jose, Everton and Watford are Man United rivals now.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

He'll be gone by Christmas.

This
    Told you.
  • Options
    Laurent Blanc until the end of the season is my guess.
  • Options

Laurent Blanc until the end of the season is my guess.

Maybe - although I'm not sure it even matters if it's to be a caretaker. No chance of top 4 and they will be torn a new one by PSG in the Champions League. The season is a write-off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

Why would Zidane choose Spurs over United?

United will pay him more and also give him more transfer funds. Plus there's not much room for improvement at Spurs, whereas he can't really fail to do better than where United currently are.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

United will pay him more and also give him more transfer funds. Plus there's not much room for improvement at Spurs, whereas he can't really fail to do better than where United currently are.
    Maybe he prefers teams who play in white? ;)
  • Options

bobmunro said:

The pressure at Spurs would be less, the expectation at United is through the roof, and it's London, not Manchester!

Not sure United would pay him much more than Spurs.
  • Options
    Plus he would only have to win 1 trophy, any trophy, to be classed as a success at Spurs!
  • Options
    Puts pressure on Bowyer to deliver this season as I imagine Mourinhio has already been onto his agent with an eye on the Charlton gig.

Maybe he'll even rock up as number 3 to Bowyer and Jacko to learn from them for a few seasons before going it alone again.
  • Options

A complete failure at Man Utd but still won more than Klopp.

He's also been managing longer and has spent a hell of a lot more.
  • Options

Danny Mills has made a good shout for Southgate.

Please no
  • Options
    Harry with Noel Edmunds as assistant.
    It's a jungle up there.
  • Options

A complete failure at Man Utd but still won more than Klopp.

He's also been managing longer and has spent a hell of a lot more.
    Doesnt change the fact the bin dippers have won absolutely zero under him, but go on like he's the messiah.

Since Jose took over at Utd until today, Mourinho won 2 trophies and Klopp 0.