Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jose Mourinho - Like Or Loathe? (Pg 13, sacked Man U)

Comments

• Options

JohnBoyUK said:

One thing the book does cover is Poch's admiration for Sir Alex Ferguson, the legacy he created at Old Trafford and how he would like to repeat the same thing at Spurs with Levy.

(That was before Levy didn't back him in the last transfer window mind you! Sigh.)

The thing is, do you think he has the financial resource/support that he needs to make such level of achievements at Spurs?

As for the book, I was really impressed by how he went to Southampton as a 'nobody' (in English football) and won the players over in a very short period of time. (IIRC, Luke Shaw, Adam Lallana etc. were full of respect for him.) And he believes in the importance of developing young players. This point alone is why I like him ten times more than managers such as Mourinho.

I remember when I first saw him in post-match interviews on MOTD he had a translator with him. My mum and I would laugh at that saying 'what kind of manager needs a translator?!' And only three or four years later now he's one of the best managers in the world. I never liked watching Spurs but since he went there, they/you have become the Premier League team that I enjoy watching most (well besides Man City). Like I said before, I hope he stays at Spurs and at least wins some trophies before leaving.
    Rumour is he never really needed a translator and just used one to deal with the media.
  • Options

His record speaks for itself. When I look at Man Utd, they remind me of a decent Everton, which is fine if you are Everton but not acceptable for them,

But that's really the blessing and the curse of Ferguson. When Ferguson won his first Premier League title in 1993 it was their first top tier championship in 26 years. Prior to Salex and with a very few notable exceptions they were an average top half side (with a relegation thrown in as well).

• Options
    I doubt Jose cares too much, apart from some damage to his ego.

Rumoured £24 million payoff and he’ll be back in full time employment this season.

Possibly Italy. Or even one of the rich Chinese Super League clubs.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    scroll down for the prices .. some very odd names being touted https://www.paddypower.com/football?tab=specials
  • Options
    Solskjaer the favourite, how bizarre.
  • Options

Not really aa massive surprise he is the favourite.
    Man utd have said someone with a connection to the club will take over till the end of the season

So that rules poch, zidane out straight away you then look at ex players

OGS
    Blanc
    Giggs
  • Options
    Carrick is in control for the remainder of this season.
  • Options

Man utd have said someone with a connection to the club will take over till the end of the season

OGS
    Blanc
    Giggs
    Steve Bruce lol.
  • Options
    It's no doubt been said but... Alan Curbishley 16/1?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    jose will end up back at inter where he was very successful.

they will offer him a fraction of what he was on at united as the mancs will be making up the rest.

• Options

They have said he is looking after things for the next 48hrs - in which time they will name a caretaker until the end of the season.
  • Options

They have said he is looking after things for the next 48hrs - in which time they will name a caretaker until the end of the season.
    48 hours?

Just think how many interviews Daisy could slot in in that time frame in order to find their next Alex Ferguson ...
  • Options
    Solskjaer would be a strange choice. He was awful at Cardiff
  • Options

OGS
    Blanc
    Giggs
    Yeah but he had one season in the Prem and did shit. He then did shit in the Championship.

Obviously United are a different level but he's doing ok at Molde and leaving them for a temporary job is a bit bizarre. Not like he will get a pay out if he does crap and leaves.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

It's no doubt been said but... Alan Curbishley 16/1?

once or twice
  • Options
    Would be proper surprised if they bring in OGS
  • Options
    Can't really see why Zidane would want to take the job - he left Real Madrid as he doesn't need the hassle, and also doesn't need to prove himself. Would be really surprised if he goes to Man Utd.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Powell should've waited. He'd have been good up there.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

His record speaks for itself. When I look at Man Utd, they remind me of a decent Everton, which is fine if you are Everton but not acceptable for them,

But that's really the blessing and the curse of Ferguson. When Ferguson won his first Premier League title in 1993 it was their first top tier championship in 26 years. Prior to Salex and with a very few notable exceptions they were an average top half side (with a relegation thrown in as well).

Yes, I recall that we used to beat them reasonably often.
  • Options
    I think José is finished in club football. But once Portugal decide it is time to appoint a new national manager in one or two years José will get the job and I think he will be very successful.
  • Options
    I hope Lee Sharpe wasn't paid for these comments.

Former Manchester United winger Lee Sharpe said on BBC Radio 5 live:

"The timing is a little bit weird. They have four games in 10 or 12 days.

"They obviously don't have anyone lined up permanently and I just think it is because the team is not playing great and have had poor results.

Well yes Lee i guess that will almost certainly have contributed to his sacking! Fuck me state the obvious.

Also the timing isn't weird at all. They just lost to their biggest rivals and are 19 points behind them after 17 games.
  • Options
    Mourinho won't get the Portugal job while Santos has it - they're perfectly happy with him. Italian football might still suit his tactical approach. But with another £18m in the coffers he won't need to work any time soon. His ego might force him to redeem himself at club level, but I can see him taking time off. Especially as he's been living in a hotel room for three years.

As for Solskjaer, I can absolutely see why he would jump at the chance to manage the club he loves the most, even if it's short term. It's a big pay day and all he has to do is a bit better than Mourinho. That might be enough for his stock to rise and get another job next year (or end up back at a club like Molde).

That said, quite why Woodward and co. think he's the man to get them Champions or Europa League football I don't know. Would really like to hear what conversations went on before that decision was made.

Unlike Zidane, who inherited one of the best Real teams in living memory, Pochettino is absolutely the perfect fit for United. A chance for them to hire a manager who is proven at building teams over time, after a period in which United have chased short-term success. If he goes, I would like to see Eddie Howe get the Spurs job. They seem like two very logical moves.
  • Options
    I think Allegri from Juventus would be a good appointment for United.
  • Options
    So they basically want someone who can potentially keep Pogba happy and sod the rest of the team then