Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes

Comments

• Options

This is more brutal than Edgbaston in 2005

No way, that was another level
    We still looked like we were going to take wickets though. Jimmy is the only bowler here who looks dangerous.
  • Options
    Lunch.

England 215 & 375.
    Australia 280 & 291-9. Haddin 69*, Pattinson 22*

Australia need 20 runs, England need 1 wicket.
  • Options
    Good controlled mini-spell from Broad, not always the case with him. Finn bowled a couple of very ordinary balls, got punished and fell to pieces. Car wreck cricket!
  • Options

This is more brutal than Edgbaston in 2005

No way, that was another level
    We still looked like we were going to take wickets though. Jimmy is the only bowler here who looks dangerous.
    I disagree, we had a stronger bowling line up but kasprowicz and lee really blunted our attack. Plus it was the first time we were equal to the Aussies for many many years. Plus if they would have won it the series would've been over.

This is still very close but a lot of cricket still to be played this summer.
  • Options
    Edgbaston would've taken the Aussies to 2-0 in that series and on the brink of retaining. If we lose this first match, it'll be a huge disappointment but there's still 4 tests left to put it right.
  • Options

Edgbaston would've taken the Aussies to 2-0 in that series and on the brink of retaining. If we lose this first match, it'll be a huge disappointment but there's still 4 tests left to put it right.

Exactly. Still a great finish to a great match!
  • Options
    England 4/6
    Australia 8/5
  • Options

I agree - this is tense, but if we lose it I think we'll still win the series.
  • Options
    Broad twatting about with his shoe trying to waste time. Not coming across as the best of sports in this game. Just saying.
  • Options
    I'm not putting anything valuable on either side, depending on how much caffeine Broad has just been given this could be over very quickly and positively for us but I can't help thinking Australia will be the more relaxed side out there and will knock the runs off in an hour or so
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Place your bets now! I'm going for an England win by 5 runs.
  • Options
    Aussie win by 1 wicket....not exactly a wild guess!!
  • Options
    This is too much! I have the Aussies as shading this now : (
  • Options
    Maybe the Aussies will get a hat-trick of tied tests:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tied_Test
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    THIS IS TOO MUCH. Appeal for caught behind, given not out. England not confident but go for the review. There's a small hotspot!! Will he give it? Yes or no?

ENGLAND WIN BY 14 RUNS.
  • Options
    Yesssssssss! It had to be the 3rd umpire after this match
  • Options
    Big balls
  • Options
    Well well well
  • Options
    GET IN!!
  • Options
    Ladies and Gentlemen... The Ashes.

There cannot be any doubt that this is the greatest sporting contest in the world.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In there!
  • Options
    Get in. Just frightened the missus, who has jumped out of her skin.
  • Options

There cannot be any doubt that this is the greatest sporting contest in the world.

Agreed.

• Options
    I heard a noise and I am sure that Haddin's bat touched the ball .. even so, an unsatisfactory end to a terrific game .. Surely if I heard the noise, the umpire should have heard it
  • Options

May I be the first to congratulate the Aussies

Orrrrrrrrr.......
  • Options

May I be the first to congratulate the Aussies

Orrrrrrrrr.......
    Robbed

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Get in. Just frightened the missus, who has jumped out of her skin.

I shouted out then realised I was trying to not wake the baby. Luckily she didn't wake up!
  • Options
    Can't believe that. Surprised Aleem didn't give him out. Clearly heard a nick - bat was nowhere near his pads.
  • Options

I heard a noise and I am sure that Haddin's bat touched the ball .. even so, an unsatisfactory end to a terrific game .. Surely if I heard the noise, the umpire should have heard it

That noice you heard is what I believe bat clipped pad.
  • Options
    Amazing! I love this game!!! So many moments in this first Test, this series is going to be a corker. Australia will push England all the way though.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!