Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes

Comments

• Options
    What price a tie? Still some more twists in this match yet surely.
  • Options
    Bit of morning cloud cover would be good.......
  • Options
    Anyone got any ideas of an alfresco ashes spot in London?
  • Options

My back garden tomorrow :)
  • Options
    Do you know what? I've got a horrible feeling Haddin and Agar will see it through tomorrow. Obviously I really hope not but I've just got one of them really horrible feelings about it. Problem is, they'll demand the heavy roller on it before the first session and it'll kill the pitch even more. 9 overs til the new ball. Does Cook take it if Haddin and Agar are still there? Wouldnt want to be in Cook's shoes tomorrow morning.

Of course I'm completely in glass half empty mode tonight but this test has swung between the sides session by session, still think there's going to be a couple of twists left yet.

Christ, there's another 4 tests after this one. I'm exhuasted already. Cricket doesnt get better than the Ashes. Absolutely brilliant sporting theatre.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Cook gone.
    And thats that Ladies & Gents.

Tbh you said we'd lost when Cook got out :-)
  • Options
    Overcast forecast for the morning. Swan to tie up one end and Jimmy A to start reversing it. Reckon England will win by 30-40 runs.
  • Options

My back garden tomorrow :)
    haha I wouldn't want to intrude
  • Options
    Can see another Edgbaston 05 scenario myself. Maybe this time it won't have the same outcome though...
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

Cook gone.

Tbh, I thought it was all over then. I really did. Did anyone have any confidence in Bell and co putting on another 160 odd based on how we batted first up?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2013
    JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Cook gone.

Tbh, I thought it was all over then. I really did. Did anyone have any confidence in Bell and co putting on another 160 odd based on how we batted first up?

I was hopeful that Bell or more likely Prior would get a ton & I've always thought we'd win because we are the better side.
  • Options
    Really do like Matt Prior, standing up to the wicket against Jimmy Anderson. He's got some balls!
  • Options
    Only just come on to this thread so apologies if I'm going over new ground. This is one if the most compelling tests I've ever known. We should win but with this Agar fella, anything could happen. If he leads them to victory, he should be knighted! I can see this going to the last over with the Aussies having wicket left. This is without doubt, the greatest rivalry in sport.
  • Options
    Agar gone for 14.
  • Options
    Needed that
  • Options

This is without doubt, the greatest rivalry in sport.

It's a great test match, and the ashes is always good viewing. But that's a bold claim!
  • Options
    Get in
  • Options
    Another one bites the dust
  • Options
    Oh Jimmy Jimmy...
  • Options
    100 needed just 2 wickets to get now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

This is without doubt, the greatest rivalry in sport.

It's a great test match, and the ashes is always good viewing. But that's a bold claim!
    I'd say its a decent claim. There are arguably more passionate rivalries in which people injury each other over, but I can't think of another rivalry that originates from an almost mythical story. That has had so much controversy in the past and present, that has had the greatest of the game play in and is watched by good natured, friendly but passionate supporters who can recognise a great performance from players of either side. All in the lovely sunshine!
  • Options
    3 wickets today all bowled anderson caught cook
  • Options
    231-9. 80 still needed.

Oh Jimmy Jimmy
    Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Anderson.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    262-9. Haddin hits 3 boundaries in an over & now 57no.

Aus need 49 to win.
  • Options
    Steven Finn doing his best to throw it away
  • Options
    Ffs
  • Options
    This is looking worrying
  • Options
    Nervous now
  • Options
    Going to throw this a way
  • Options