Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TV Programmes That Ought To Be Repeated

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Goodnight Sweetheart. Funny, and also gave be an enduring lust for Dervla Kirwan. I'd go back to 1940 for her like a shot.
  • Options
    The Desert Rats.
  • Options
    fadgadget said:

Q series - Spike Milligan

Definitely , Ive been trying to get it on DVD............. you cant ,so I had to do with a Spike compilation that I watched at work last night .A very funny man ,and mad completely mad .

The majority of the Q series were wiped by the BBC to save room for new programmes.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Goodnight Sweetheart. Funny, and also gave be an enduring lust for Dervla Kirwan. I'd go back to 1940 for her like a shot.

On now on some satellite channel.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Starsky & Hutch.

1998 play off final.

Still want the car from starskey & hutch. Saw one for sale in a classic car mag last month. Think it was about £8k but needed a bit of work.
  • Options

McBobbin said:

Boys from the Blackstuff : original play that the series was based on.
    The Prisoner: Yes I know you can buy it on dvd....
    Breadwinner Hog, hard to remember it, but thought it was very good.
    Anything on Tony Hancock.
    Gangsters: Maurice Colbourne BBC series.
    Ready Steady Go
    But of course as no surprise to anyone: Dusty Springfield show with Jimi Hendrix, first playing of Voodoo Chile Slight return, and dedicates 'Stone free' to Brian Jones, and duets with Dusty Springfield 'Mockingbird' there is only an old scratchy fan video apparently.....

I think ready steady go was repeated in the 90s, because my mum video'd it and got all is kids hooked on 60s music. Proper education that!

(btw which Hendrix show was it when he interrupted hey joe with a badass version of sunshine of your love? I need to see that again)
    it was this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE80W5xYbTI
    Love that video and love that bloke :-) Hendrix in the West which was a selection of live tracks was one of the very first albums I ever bought, it came out around '72. Just a great great album a stunning kickass version of Johnny B Goode, a sublime Little Wing and a example of just what a great blues player he was in a version of Red House.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Davo55 said:

On now on some satellite channel.
    Yeah, I've caught a few of them. Still quality.
  • Options
    Dream on
    Larry Sanders Show
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Mmmm Dervla Kirwan. Where did she disappear to?
  • Options
    Watched Abigail's Party tonight. Brilliant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    northern exposure was brilliant

shout out for The Invaders too
    (inspired by posting of land of the giants above)
  • Options
    The later series of Auf Wiedersehen, Pet (and the early ones too, for that matter)
  • Options
    i'm enjoying the old BBC music programmes like sound of the seventies. Always thought that the OGWT could put together some damn fine compilations
  • Options

Larry Sanders Show

Beat me to it. They used to show the whole lot on one of the Comedy channels but not been on for a few years, just endless repeats of Friends.

• Options

Dream on
    Larry Sanders Show

Two good shouts there Golfie...
  • Options
    How about the drama Fox great cast and terrific story
  • Options
    Probably for my age group only

Jossy's Giants
  • Options

Probably for my age group only

Jossy's Giants

Written by the great Sid Waddell.

Not as good as Murphy's Mob though.
  • Options
    was Murphy's Mob the one filmed at Watford?
  • Options
    Yeah that's it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There was a disturbing Steven Mackintosh drama called Care that I'd 'like' to see again.
  • Options
    the paul hogan show
  • Options
    Just seen a repeat of 'cracked actor' Yentob's Bowie tour of the states.....
    Brilliant documentary, Bowie really went out on a limb with the stage act, and the songs were very brave.... I do remember it at the time, but a lot of the 'context' I did not understand, and his heavy dependency on drugs, is of an artist pushing the limits. Bowie must have been a difficult person to work with, going from one transistion to another, great tv
  • Options
    More androgynous than TV really though Ken....

...I'll get me afghan...
  • Options

More androgynous than TV really though Ken....

...I'll get me afghan...

Probably more 'TVC 15' in his mind at the time algarve?
    "TVC 15" is a song written and recorded by David Bowie and released in 1976.
    The track was inspired by an episode in which Iggy Pop, during a drug-fuelled period at Bowie’s LA home, hallucinated and believed the television set was swallowing his girlfriend. Bowie developed a story of a holographic television, TVC 15. In the song, the narrator's girlfriend crawls into the television and afterwards, the narrator desires to crawl in himself to find her.

• Options
    I shall keep a look out for that one Ken! I like weirdness...
  • Options
    Panorama 1977, think the spanners have forgotten how to behave.
  • Options
    Graham's Gang
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    stevec said:

Dear John by John Sullivan, great lines such as 'any sexual problems' and the cool guy Kurt.

Genious! A masterclass in melancholia. Ralph Bates greatest performances.
  • Options
    Miami Vice
    Dallas
    L A Law
    Hill Street Blues .. However, they might all look a bit dated nowadays