Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TV Programmes That Ought To Be Repeated

Comments

• Options
    Land of the Giants.
    The Manageress.
    Michael Bentine's PottyTime.
    HR Puffenstuff.
  • Options
    Northern Exposure
  • Options
    The Prisoner
    Knightmare

A decent follow up series to The Wire

Thread concept too complex

• Options
    Original House of Cards and This Life is available on demand if you are an XL Virgin customer.

Would love to see When the boat comes in repeated.
  • Options
    Wings
  • Options
    Department S. Jason King is a role model for us all ;-)
  • Options
    I'm rewatching I Cladius, a BBC series from the 1970s, based on the Roman Emperor's life. It's a terrific costume drama. What else would stand repetition from that time ? ... Budgie, The Prisoner (again), The World of Gurney Slade ... I am sure that I can think of a few more
  • Options
    Mind Your Language....not sure it would be allowed on mainstream TV now

This Life is a great shout, would like that repeated from series 1
    Prison Break from the start
  • Options
    till death us do part
  • Options
    3blokes said:

Stig said:

Just been watching The Monocled Mutineer. Brilliant tv, they should put that on again.

Is this currently on tv anywhere? Had a look couldn't find it anywhere.
    No, I got it on DVD.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From what I remember it had a good old song over the credits something along the lines of "All on my own -io" ? I always really liked that song. Apparently the story is not quite as true as I believed it to be but I remember it as a cracking bit of tv with Paul McCann in the main role? Just been watching him on The Petrol Age where he comes across as very enthusiastic about old cars :-)
  • Options
    Mind your language is shown in Asia on Comedy Central.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    3blokes said:

From what I remember it had a good old song over the credits something along the lines of "All on my own -io" ? I always really liked that song. Apparently the story is not quite as true as I believed it to be but I remember it as a cracking bit of tv with Paul McCann in the main role? Just been watching him on The Petrol Age where he comes across as very enthusiastic about old cars :-)

From what I can gather it's a melding of two true stories. There was a munity and there was a conman (and possibliy murderer) called Percy Toplis. I think where there's some historical doubts is whether Toplis could have had anything to do with the mutiny, also I suspect he probably wasn't quite as loveable as McGann's portrayal.

As well as McGann, Timothy West is superb as the bumptious gerneral and Penelope Wilton very good in the role of moralist socialite tea lady.

http://monologues.co.uk/musichall/Songs-O/Oh-Oh-Antonio.htm
  • Options
    Regarding the kids shows, Rugrats is still on most evenings on one of the kids channels. Dungeons and Dragons was repeated a couple of years ago on Boomerang, they showed them most nights around 10pm for a couple of months. Was followed each night by Jase and the Wheeled Warriors.

Speaking of kids shows I want repeated:
    Ulysses 31
    Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds (for my little boy, he enjoyed a show about the musketeers the other day)
    Around the World with Willy Fog
  • Options

Love Holding On, Shooting the Past and State of Play and The Lakes. Holding On (imo) is one of the finest things ever to grace the small screen* but watched it last year and as Ms ET pointed out, it does looks really dated.

*along with Pride and Prejudice

(Bit of a Morrissey, Simm, Firth fan)

Beast (Alexander Armstrong) should be repeated.
  • Options
    Dads Army
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Dads Army

That's on all the time. You're right though it is good.
  • Options
    The Fast Show
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The smell of Reeves and Mortimer.

Big Train
  • Options

Northern Exposure

Loved this, husband just bought me ER box set - 331 episodes!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Randall & Hopkirk (60's)
    Prospects
  • Options
    Get Smart
  • Options

Northern Exposure

Just bought the complete box set
  • Options
    Hi De Hi
  • Options
    What about a modern day version of Big Deal now that poker is so big online.
  • Options
    Ever decreasing circles
    Drop the dead donkey
    The Likely Lads
  • Options
    stevec said:

Dear John by John Sullivan, great lines such as 'any sexual problems' and the cool guy Kurt.

"Have that one on me, Mr's Boyd-Peterson". Still using that line today...

The top secret world of Edgar Briggs
    Soldier and Me
    Turtles Progress
    In Bed with MeDinner
    The kids from 47A
  • Options
    Monkey
  • Options
    Blakes' 7
  • Options
    Cold Feet