Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TV Programmes That Ought To Be Repeated

Comments

• Options
    Ah loved that BFR plus Ducktails. EastTerrace that must have set you back a bundle. I looked at Northern Exposure boxset & Magnum box sets last year & they wanted silly money.
  • Options
    stevec said:

Dear John by John Sullivan, great lines such as 'any sexual problems' and the cool guy Kurt.

This - very underrated JS comedy. Whenever I split up with a girlfriend, my unsympathetic brother would lower his voice and ask with fake concern 'any...sexual problems?' Kurt had it about right, after yet another rejection - 'if you don't want my peaches, then don't shake my tree.' Good stuff.

• Options

Mind your language is shown in Asia on Comedy Central.

Seriously?!! Lord alone knows what they make of it there.

A few years ago they used to show 'Allo 'Allo repeats in Barbados. Bemusement was the common local reaction.

• Options

stevec said:

Dear John by John Sullivan, great lines such as 'any sexual problems' and the cool guy Kurt.

This - very underrated JS comedy. Whenever I split up with a girlfriend, my unsympathetic brother would lower his voice and ask with fake concern 'any...sexual problems?' Kurt had it about right, after yet another rejection - 'if you don't want my peaches, then don't shake my tree.' Good stuff.

Thirded. Boogaloo!
  • Options
    JT said:

Look Around You
    Big Train

Big Train another good shout - this sketch was voted in the top 3 of best comedy sketches ever in some random poll. Is brilliant though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtllWIiOTuA

• Options
    Twin Peaks.
    Z Cars.
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Ah loved that BFR plus Ducktails. EastTerrace that must have set you back a bundle. I looked at Northern Exposure boxset & Magnum box sets last year & they wanted silly money.

http://m.zavvi.com/dvd/northern-exposure-series-1-6/10565834.html

I paid about a fiver less but still good price (about £6 a series for Maggie O'Connell)
  • Options
    Spitting Image for days like today
  • Options
    It will be mine oh yes! Thanks tons just need to convince the other half to buy it for a very early birthday treat.
  • Options

Close the thread!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It will be mine oh yes! Thanks tons just need to convince the other half to buy it for a very early birthday treat.

Good, just got to get mine to watch it!
    Nice packaging but just the normal dvds inside it (they could have jazzed it up a bit), great value though.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Close the thread!
    I imagine it would look very dated as it was so current but the writing, puppets and impressions were brilliant. I think as a teenager it made me interested in politics.
  • Options
    Badger said:

Twin Peaks.

This. Brilliant series.

• Options
    I agree with Riviera about the Phil Silvers show, excellent stuff.
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Monty Pythons.
  • Options

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Monty Pythons.

Well no need as I have them all on DVD.

• Options
    I got my son (well me really) the 1st series of The A Team for Christmas - he was not sure at first but loves it now.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    EastTerrace just tell her it's got the guy that plays Aidan from Sex and the City in it when he was younger. Might give her a nudge to watch it.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I can't remember for the life of me what it was called but years ago there was a late night programme about a gang of workmen and their ongoing battles with the Clerk of Works and when they were in trouble they would say "one call on Figaro we all call on Figaro."

Perhaps it was called Figaro but it was a nice relaxing piece of late night whimsy anyway.

This was called "Big Jim and the Figaro Club". It was a cult BBC2 success, but only 6 episodes were ever made. It was originally a one-off TV play, set in the 1950s.
  • Options

C_A_F_C said:

Close the thread!
    I imagine it would look very dated as it was so current but the writing, puppets and impressions were brilliant. I think as a teenager it made me interested in politics.
    This! - I knew more about who was in the cabinet when I was at school than any time since. Seriously funny program. 2DTV came close to replicating it, that should be shown/made again
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Boys from the Blackstuff : original play that the series was based on.
    The Prisoner: Yes I know you can buy it on dvd....
    Breadwinner Hog, hard to remember it, but thought it was very good.
    Anything on Tony Hancock.
    Gangsters: Maurice Colbourne BBC series.
    Ready Steady Go
    But of course as no surprise to anyone: Dusty Springfield show with Jimi Hendrix, first playing of Voodoo Chile Slight return, and dedicates 'Stone free' to Brian Jones, and duets with Dusty Springfield 'Mockingbird' there is only an old scratchy fan video apparently.....

I think ready steady go was repeated in the 90s, because my mum video'd it and got all is kids hooked on 60s music. Proper education that!

(btw which Hendrix show was it when he interrupted hey joe with a badass version of sunshine of your love? I need to see that again)
    it was this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE80W5xYbTI
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

LenGlover said:

I can't remember for the life of me what it was called but years ago there was a late night programme about a gang of workmen and their ongoing battles with the Clerk of Works and when they were in trouble they would say "one call on Figaro we all call on Figaro."

Perhaps it was called Figaro but it was a nice relaxing piece of late night whimsy anyway.

This was called "Big Jim and the Figaro Club". It was a cult BBC2 success, but only 6 episodes were ever made. It was originally a one-off TV play, set in the 1950s.
    Thanks for that Red Pete.
  • Options
    Hardwicke House
    O.T.T
  • Options

Q series - Spike Milligan

Definitely , Ive been trying to get it on DVD............. you cant ,so I had to do with a Spike compilation that I watched at work last night .A very funny man ,and mad completely mad .

• Options
    Kickstart.
  • Options

EastTerrace just tell her it's got the guy that plays Aidan from Sex and the City in it when he was younger. Might give her a nudge to watch it.

Can't beat a bit of Chris in the morning RF, but I think she thinks Aidan from SITC is a wet character. Don't they all like Mr Big?
  • Options
    red_murph said:

Kickstart.

And Paddles Up...
  • Options
    Gawd no me & probs most of my friends would always choose the guy that played Aidan. Plus I already had a thing for him being a fan of Northern Exposure. Big's role in it was as a salad shuffler. Carrie to me was the only wet character lol
  • Options
    Starsky & Hutch.

1998 play off final.