Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

TV Programmes That Ought To Be Repeated

Comments

• Knightmare

Simon... sidestep to the left...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciIfcYwI6Ps
  • edited April 2013
    Forgot to mention The Adventure Game... Predecessor to Knightmare if I remember rightly?
  • Johnny Jarvis
  • shirty5 said:

Ever decreasing circles
    Drop the dead donkey
    The Likely Lads

One and three are on Gold quite regularly Shirty, Drop the Dead Donkey might be a bit 'of it's time' being topical, but I wouldn't mind seeing some of them again with a short explanation of what was in the news that week before the start...
  • Drop the Dead Donkey was repeated just a couple of years ago on Dave I think, and it had a brief introduction describing the original air date and the hot news topics of the week in question.
  • Prospects.
  • Monkey Dust
  • I'd like to see Big Breadwinner Hog again. It was shown once and never repeated and the last few episodes were dropped by some ITV regions. (Black & white from the late 60s I think). Caused a real stink at the time for its extreme violence. I expect now we'd just think it was normal everyday pre-watershed stuff. The odd thing was that the psychotic, ultra-violent lead was played by Peter Egan, better known for his friendly bloke next door role in Ever Decreasing Circles!
  • Metal Mickey
    CHiPs
  • I bought DVDs of Catweazle and The Goodies a couple of years back thinking the kids would love these! I think we watched two episodes of each.... both utter cack!
    Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
  • Sponsored links:

• Boys from the Blackstuff : original play that the series was based on.
    The Prisoner: Yes I know you can buy it on dvd....
    Breadwinner Hog, hard to remember it, but thought it was very good.
    Anything on Tony Hancock.
    Gangsters: Maurice Colbourne BBC series.
    Ready Steady Go
    But of course as no surprise to anyone: Dusty Springfield show with Jimi Hendrix, first playing of Voodoo Chile Slight return, and dedicates 'Stone free' to Brian Jones, and duets with Dusty Springfield 'Mockingbird' there is only an old scratchy fan video apparently.....

• I bought DVDs of Catweazle and The Goodies a couple of years back thinking the kids would love these! I think we watched two episodes of each.... both utter cack!
    Nostalgia ain't what it used to be

I got the Goodies too, I did enjoy it, but I can see why the kids didn't.

Absolutely has aged badly too, whereas Big Train still works.
  • Boys from the Blackstuff : original play that the series was based on.
    The Prisoner: Yes I know you can buy it on dvd....
    Breadwinner Hog, hard to remember it, but thought it was very good.
    Anything on Tony Hancock.
    Gangsters: Maurice Colbourne BBC series.
    Ready Steady Go
    But of course as no surprise to anyone: Dusty Springfield show with Jimi Hendrix, first playing of Voodoo Chile Slight return, and dedicates 'Stone free' to Brian Jones, and duets with Dusty Springfield 'Mockingbird' there is only an old scratchy fan video apparently.....

I think ready steady go was repeated in the 90s, because my mum video'd it and got all is kids hooked on 60s music. Proper education that!

(btw which Hendrix show was it when he interrupted hey joe with a badass version of sunshine of your love? I need to see that again)
  • The original play was called simply The Blackstuff. Great performance from Alan Lake as a Gypsy conman.
    The series was The Boys from the Blackstuff.
  • edited April 2013
    I can't remember for the life of me what it was called but years ago there was a late night programme about a gang of workmen and their ongoing battles with the Clerk of Works and when they were in trouble they would say "one call on Figaro we all call on Figaro."

Perhaps it was called Figaro but it was a nice relaxing piece of late night whimsy anyway.
  • Prospects.

Now that was good - "another day another dollar" (or have I got the wrong one ?) Can't remember a single episode but know that I loved it.

What we need more of though is some repeats of QI, The Sweeney, Minder and Fools & Horses.

• http://monologues.co.uk/musichall/Songs-O/Oh-Oh-Antonio.htm

Thanks for the link. Found a version of what sounding like my old nan singing it!
    Whoever sang it on The Monicled Mutineer made it sound a bit more sort of Squeezesque. :-)

• Look Around You
    Big Train
  • PL54 said:

Prospects.

Now that was good - "another day another dollar" (or have I got the wrong one ?) Can't remember a single episode but know that I loved it.

What we need more of though is some repeats of QI, The Sweeney, Minder and Fools & Horses.

that's the one, cant remember any episodes either but remember it being good, must of been C4 not long after they started.
  • Sponsored links:

• Tom and Jerry
  • edited April 2013

PL54 said:

Prospects.

that's the one, cant remember any episodes either but remember it being good, must of been C4 not long after they started.
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Jcv9RrkVIPk&desktop_uri=/watch?v=Jcv9RrkVIPk
  • Alias Smith & Jones starring Pete Duel & Ben Murphy.

"In all the trains and banks they robbed, they never shot anybody"..."wish the Governor would let a few more people in on our secret".
    Also a fan of Northern Exposure: weird and wonderful.
  • Yes that was a brilliant show. Duel was my hero - was very upset when I found he had committed suicide.
  • No votes for the Raccoons?

• edited April 2013
    Good shout BFR! Loved Cyril Sneer.

youtube.com/watch?v=JLVe1NkQA78
  • Midnight Caller.