Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The £5 pint

Comments

• I paid £15 for a pint of Thatchers and a glass of Prosecco at Bristol Airport.
    All airports are a rip off. 
    Back in the days when you could take your own food and drink to an airport it wasn't so bad.
    But now that you can't they charge what they like. 
    And people call me tight!
    FUCK the pheasant shooting 
    I'm gonna kill an elf. 
  • I paid £15 for a pint of Thatchers and a glass of Prosecco at Bristol Airport.
    Back in the days when you could take your own food and drink to an airport it wasn't so bad.
    I'm gonna kill an elf. 
    As long as you do not think I'm a cat.......
    I'm gonna kill an elf. 
    Can you do it before Wednesday please
    I'm gonna kill an elf. 
    Pheasants  cats and herons 
    All fair game.
    I'm gonna kill an elf. 
    Pheasants  cats and herons 
    All fair game.
    @clb74 as well?

Oh f***, I thought you said peasants.
  • have noticed the swan creeping up to central london prices i know they do the season ticket thing. but it is pricey in there for run of the mill lagers

the craft you expect to pay a little more for. 
  • Craft beers are absolute pish, if anything they should be cheaper. Potpourri in tap water imo.

I paid 6 quid for a pint of Pravha at Vinegar Yard last night, outrageous.
  • Getting ridiculous now, I think we can all agree £55k is a bit pricey

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-49593291
  • Croydon said:
    Craft beers are absolute pish, if anything they should be cheaper. Potpourri in tap water imo.

Why go Vinegar Yard when you have the likes of the George, Old Kings Head, Market Porter, Wheatsheaf and everywhere else around Borough Market?!
  • Just paid 3.90 for a pint of taddys in soho. 

To be fair, it tastes like complete shit.
  • Sponsored links:

Samuel Smith's ?

Samuel Smith's ?
    It has to be, probably The Chandos?  Although not Soho of course.

Get an appointment with a GP to sort your taste buds out.
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Croydon said:
    Craft beers are absolute pish, if anything they should be cheaper. Potpourri in tap water imo.

Why go Vinegar Yard when you have the likes of the George, Old Kings Head, Market Porter, Wheatsheaf and everywhere else around Borough Market?!
    A couple of my Birmingham mates are dragging me along there next week, what are you paying for a lager?
  • Greene King Season Ticket app, 10% off during various sporting events and every game live on TV. And all day every day of the cricket. 4 quid a pint in Westminster not too bad at all. 
  • Curb_It said:
    There's a FB post of mine that pops up on my memory hop each year.  It was me raving about the dial Arch at the Arsenal but saying that I wouldnt be able to afford to drink their too often as a pint was 3.60.  I miss those days.

I think i paid over six quid for a pint in the Hydrant recently.  You notice it more when you buy just the one drink. It stings. 
    The Hydrant is notoriously expensive. I paid £7+ for a pint on there two years ago! 
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Croydon said:

A couple of my Birmingham mates are dragging me along there next week, what are you paying for a lager?
    More than you, if the comme ts on this thread are to be believed! 
  • Yes samuel smiths - the white horse.
  • The Captain Kidd in Wapping is a Sam Smiths boozer. Lovely pub on the Wapping pub crawl but their beer is cheap. But is that because it’s not popular? 
  • Curb_It said:
    The Captain Kidd in Wapping is a Sam Smiths boozer. Lovely pub on the Wapping pub crawl but their beer is cheap. But is that because it’s not popular? 
    The pubs only stock Samuel Smith’s Brewery products.
    Personally, I'm not a fan, although the prices are cheap.

https://www.samuelsmithsbrewery.co.uk/pubs/
  • Sponsored links:

• Did a city pub crawl tonight. My word, small mortgage needed
  • Did a city pub crawl tonight. My word, small mortgage needed
    Ha ha, you said small.
    The Sofitel Gatwick north, £29.?? for four drinks and one those a fruit juice! My son in law couldn’t believe it when I picked up the bill for three rounds and saying he could pay for the Chinese meal. Having eaten there before I knew what was coming, a set meal for four £175 oh how he laughed! 😉
  • I rarely go out with work colleague for drinks after work but it’s almost £5/ £5.50 a pint in most pubs in Brighton (excluding chain pubs). On match days Ive given up going to pubs which advertise Sky Sports as they normally add a quid or so to the price. 

• Croydon said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Croydon said:

Because it was a date and I was trying to look 'cool' rather than lecture her on the quality of a proper ale kept at the right temperature. In hindsight I needn't have bothered.
    Why's that then, she was game as you like and the deal was getting sealed anyway?
  • in SE London in the 80’s you could generally get served from the age of 16 if you knew where to go. There was a pub opposite where I worked after leaving school and the culture was a pint or two at lunchtime. Landlord poured me a free pint on my 18th and thanked me for my custom..

Anyway, a pint of Fosters was £1.16. I was outraged when it went up 2p.
  • and they have got their Real Ale Festival on at the moment. 
  • If anyone lives near the bickley and widmore club there was a mistake on the doombar order currently £1.50 pint