Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The New Pope

Comments

• TelMc32 said:

The Pope's a Brazilian!!

What a minute while I knock up a photo!
  • Pope Francis I...

Named after our ex-right-back?

• He's from Buenos Aires....

Haha, I know BFR. Will spoil Stig's photo though!!

Pope Francis I
  • edited March 2013
    A young whipper-snapper at 76!!
  • I dont disagree VG i just enjoy pomp and ceremony
  • I'm waiting for a reference about the Falkland Islands !!
  • Falkland islands are fucked then
  • Jim Bowen is the new pope
  • An Argentinian, came no.2 in 2005. First non European since Pope Gregory, a Syrian in741AD. Correspondent from C4 said that he modernised a very Conservative Argentinian Catholic church. Important for the church to pick a moderniser, who will get to grips with abuse in the church and set some standards and protocols around dealing with abuse in the church instead of hiding the problem away. Appears to be a better choice after the last 2 conservative Popes, who have not dealt with the problem.

I was at the Catholic catherdral in Victoria, lighting a candle for my nann and family. It was full in there today. Now I know why.
  • TelMc32 said:

The Pope's an Argentinian...

Hand of god

• Sponsored links:

• most well to do Argentinians :::: Italians who speak Spanish and wish that they were English
  • Swerve said:

TelMc32 said:

Hand of god

:)
  • JT said:

Falkland islands are fucked then

Jon Snow, C4 said that the new Pope had a lot of rucks and disagreements with the Argentinian government, so not necessarily bad for the Falklanders.

• Swerve said:

TelMc32 said:

Hand of god

Quality.
  • The new Pope's Argentinean - Pope Francis says he has been guided by the hand of god, seems to be a common theme in Argentina
  • edited March 2013
    Pope Eye?
  • Quite a traditional choice apparently and well liked
  • all together now "no no Pope of Buenos Ares--" dont sound the same !!!
  • Jorge Bergoglio rolls of the tongue that one, cant wait next time in letrim and our local priest has to say that out loud..

• Sponsored links:

• Is he not one of the Leitrim O'Glios then Adam??

;)
  • How tall is he?
  • Adam, Leitrim? Where ?
  • Adam, Leitrim? Where ?

Boy, you're quite the conversationalist G!! ;)

Those straight to the point chat-up lines still work for you??
  • They do in Leitrim!

God bless Papa Francis!

• As Nan would say "What a load of old shite".
  • vff said:

JT said:

Falkland islands are fucked then

Jon Snow, C4 said that the new Pope had a lot of rucks and disagreements with the Argentinian government, so not necessarily bad for the Falklanders.

This `new' Pope said, at a Mass at Buenos Aires metropolitan cathedral on April 2 last year, the 30th anniversary of the Argentine invasion of the Falklands: "We come to pray for all who have fallen, sons of the homeland who went out to defend their mother, the homeland, and to reclaim what is theirs, that is of the homeland, and it was usurped."

• I thought do I really want to read this thread, bound to be a serious religious debate.

WRONG""

You lot crack me up, the humour is undeniably outstanding.
  • I am hoping that this guy is strong enough and humble enough to effectively sweep away the considerable problems they seem to have.
  • Granpa said:

I am hoping that this guy is strong enough and humble enough to effectively sweep away the considerable problems they seem to have.

Is there no end to the humour.