Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The New Pope

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Rizzo said:

According to the Cardinals, that's exactly what is happening.

Seems a laborious and boring process! Though I suppose I shouldn't expect anything less from someone who made a bloke climb up a mountain for 40 days and nights to collect some stone tablets with writing on them.

They need to modernize. Why not make it into a Simon Cowell-esque talent show spin off, make the Pope's perform various miracles on stage and let the public vote for who they want. We can add sob stories for effect as well. Call it Vatican's Got Talent - easy.
  • Been done. Water in wine every Sunday morning, never fails to impress!
  • No biggie. I turn lager into piss every Sunday morning.
  • Rizzo said:

Seems a laborious and boring process! Though I suppose I shouldn't expect anything less from someone who made a bloke climb up a mountain for 40 days and nights to collect some stone tablets with writing on them.

They need to modernize. Why not make it into a Simon Cowell-esque talent show spin off, make the Pope's perform various miracles on stage and let the public vote for who they want. We can add sob stories for effect as well. Call it Vatican's Got Talent - easy.
    Pope Idol.

• Rizzo said:

Pope Idol.

YES. Brilliant.
  • Rizzo said:

Rizzo said:

Pope Idol.

Simple, but sublime.
  • The real selection process ?
  • More black smoke, Curbs moves to 10/1
  • Rizzo said:

Pope Idol.

YES. Brilliant.
    I suggested Pope Idol weeks ago - far more fun!!

Though Papal Wipeout would be even better.
  • Pointless would be more apt.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2013
    How about a fabulous worm dancing pope?

Or, first black pope?

• There won't be any white smoke rising until they've finished burning all the centuries worth of paedo evidence, IMO.
  • There won't be any white smoke rising until they've finished burning all the centuries worth of paedo evidence, IMO.

We could be in for a long wait then.

• A very long wait....
  • they had someone lined up from the leeds area but sadly he passed away last year.. personally as an irish catholic i couldnt give two fecks.
  • they had someone lined up from the leeds area but sadly he passed away last year.. personally as an irish catholic i couldnt give two fecks.

That'll be 10 Our Fathers and half a dozen Hail Marys Adam...or, alternatively, eternal damnation and a recurring season ticket at the spanners!!

Yours...another Irish catholic (non-practising...I don't need to any more!!)

;-)
  • Adam how dare you

Go to confession and seek solice
  • edited March 2013
    White smoke....new pope elected at 6.06...Danny Baker...David Mellor...???
  • Its adam

Lol, NLA...I already had Adam down as Father Jack!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Jimmy Saville?
  • edited March 2013
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21777494

I bet it's not as interesting as any of the suggestions here.
  • edited March 2013
    What a load of shit it really is. Why's it even news???

Do they have a news flash when Disney announce its next cartoon movie star??

Load of old make believe bollocks.
  • Ha ha, can't help but disagree Gary. But it's news because it is, for some bizarre reason, important to 1.2 billion people.
  • Gary...why are Z-list wannabes news...x factor, reality (really!!!) tv freaks on the front pages of every rag & photo-comic??

You stick with those & several hundred million will check this out.

God bless ;)
  • edited March 2013
    Haha Stig, good work on the Seb pic!
  • Vg it is news mate the head of the catholic church world wide it may not be news you find interesting but news it is pal

The pope is a big deal it's a hugely important position to a huge amount of people

Only 265 people before today have been pope vs the millions and millions of baptised men that have been born in that time

I ain't a catholic but it is pomp and ceremony that I enjoy like the royals and the Palpal appointments steeped in history and tradition that I can sit back and enjoy and think we ate very lucky to witness such things
  • Far too sentimental for you nla!!!!

I just think in this day an age with the scientific discoveries we have made, that religion should play a much minor role in daily life but for a large amount of people and their societies it seems to control it. To me that's ridiculous.
  • edited March 2013
    The Pope's an Argentinian...
  • TelMc32 said:

The Pope's a Brazilian!!

He's from Buenos Aires....