Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall attendance last night

Comments

• Options
    Think your right seth plum , with a lot of games at millwall having to be policed like a military exercise this is not going to encourage fans to go. we get derided as a family club,but at least the atmosphere at the valley for the most part is one that will attract all types of fans ie women and kids.
  • Options
    My mate had a winner once at 250-1 on Betfair called Sole Power - and the only reason he bet on it was because his surname is Power. !
    It was his round in the booza that night.
  • Options
    I feel a bit sorry for Jackett, any team stripped of it's 2 strikers will struggle unless you replace them.

As for the Financial Fair Play rules, I'd be surprised if ANY team in the Championship would pass them at the moment!

Think your right seth plum , with a lot of games at millwall having to be policed like a military exercise this is not going to encourage fans to go. we get derided as a family club,but at least the atmosphere at the valley for the most part is one that will attract all types of fans ie women and kids.

I suspect our next away game at Palace won't have so many women, children and older supporters...
  • Options

They got to wembley they played in Europe.

Just beat the scum----end of.

going to Wembley with these Pikeys and calling yourself CAFC----------FFS thats so wrong i dont know where to start !

Got to agree with GH on this point, could NEVER do that myself. Would rather let pirahnas go to work on my nads.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Got to beat these gobshites at home, will make my decade. The double Palarse did over us smarted but can be somewhat excused as they are having a good season, the stripey cn%ts...

I suggest that SCP makes no bones about it, each and everyone of our team will have their gonads wired up to the mains if they do not put a performance in at the Valley.
  • Options

I feel a bit sorry for Jackett, any team stripped of it's 2 strikers will struggle unless you replace them.

As for the Financial Fair Play rules, I'd be surprised if ANY team in the Championship would pass them at the moment!

I suspect our next away game at Palace won't have so many women, children and older supporters...

He did say for the most part.
  • Options
    Oddschecker odds show Millwall best at 20-1 for relegation. I should have got in early last night when the thrid goal went in.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/relegation
  • Options

Feel sorry for anything Millwall !!??
    Like feck .
    I hope they get relegated, go into liquidation and sent all the way into the Isthmian league - then their moronic fans can terrorise Boreham Wood.
  • Options
    No one likes us? No one cares, not even their own fans.
  • Options
    feeling sorry for anything Smallwall should bar you for ever entering The Valley again.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    spot on GH enjoy your curry uptown christmas leaving me with brendan.

• Options
    their attendance is important to us - not only because its funny but how on earth are they continuing in their current state if we are supposedly losing over £4million a year and we have double their gates? Either we aren't losing £4million or they are being heavily subsidised by Berylson - but why?
  • Options

their attendance is important to us - not only because its funny but how on earth are they continuing in their current state if we are supposedly losing over £4million a year and we have double their gates? Either we aren't losing £4million or they are being heavily subsidised by Berylson - but why?

They're heavily subsidised by Beryl's son? Who is Beryl's son?
  • Options

spot on GH enjoy your curry uptown christmas leaving me with brendan.

More like I was left wih you!
  • Options
    just joking brendan
  • Options
    edited February 2013

yeah, never been able to understand why Berylson would finance it , wiki has him as having pumped in 16m - why would he want to do that? . Would have had a heck of a job trying to sell methinks.
  • Options

just joking brendan

Me too pal ;o)
  • Options
    The only people in the world that would like Millwall to survive are the police.

For a couple of hours they know where all the thugs, thieves, drugies, and mentally challenged of South London are.
  • Options

yeah, never been able to understand why Berylson would finance it , wiki has him as having pumped in 16m - why would he want to do that? . Would have had a heck of a job trying to sell methinks.
    Their's only 1 reason
  • Options

Their's only 1 reason
    Elaborate......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the slide, going down going down, what odds?
  • Options

Feel sorry for anything Millwall !!??
    Like feck .
    I hope they get relegated, go into liquidation and sent all the way into the Isthmian league - then their moronic fans can terrorise Boreham Wood.
    I never said I was sorry for Millwall or their fans, but rather for Jackett who seems a decent person.
  • Options
    Firstly, I would never, never, never go to any Millwall game or Palace for that matter unless we were the opposition.

How anyone could want to sit with a bunch of 'bowling' Spanners or Stripey Nigels is utterly beyond my comprehension.

In terms of their abysmal support I think a big problem for Millwall is that their 'core' historical support from Bermondsey/Southwark etc. have all moved out to NW Kent and further afield making the trek back to the Animal Pen much harder.

I have family - terrible I know - who are all Spanners originally from the Salter Road area but got priced out of the area and have moved out to Welling and West Malling etc and rarely go to games now.

Of course, many of the folks that now live in 'trendy' Deptford and Bermondsey who have replaced the old residents are not all that bothered about going to football.
  • Options
    Their new song is

No one likes us- we don't go!
  • Options

I don't think many chairman go in to it to make money do they. I think the regen was what brought him here but he has caught the bug as well.
  • Options

I don't think many chairman go in to it to make money do they. I think the regen was what brought him here but he has caught the bug as well.

TBF he is the perfect owner for you as I believe Jackett is the ideal manager.At least you know who he is and where the money comes from,he supports the fan on the board and the dealings are transparent.Luckily for him he does not have car show rooms down the Old Kent Road.

Berylson was prepared to push the boat out for Wood,but will not do anything that will endanger the club's future,he does appear to be a genuine sports fan.The SLP this week reports that he is subsidising the club around £100K per week so SLL he does seem to have caught the bug.

That said,I think you need to remain at this level for him to retain his interest,whilst like us I think you have enough points in the bag for this season,next year is a different matter.He seems to want to see more bums on seats and is disappointed that Millwall's crowds have not improved.

• Options
    Richard J said:

TBF he is the perfect owner for you as I believe Jackett is the ideal manager.At least you know who he is and where the money comes from,he supports the fan on the board and the dealings are transparent.Luckily for him he does not have car show rooms down the Old Kent Road.

Berylson was prepared to push the boat out for Wood,but will not do anything that will endanger the club's future,he does appear to be a genuine sports fan.The SLP this week reports that he is subsidising the club around £100K per week so SLL he does seem to have caught the bug.That said,I think you need to remain at this level for him to retain his interest,whilst like us I think you have enough points in the bag for this season,next year is a different matter.He seems to want to see more bums on seats and is disappointed that Millwall's crowds have not improved.

100k a week is nothing, MS is apparently coughing up £1m a month to fund our deficit!

Oh the joys of football finances...
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Berylson was prepared to push the boat out for Wood,but will not do anything that will endanger the club's future,he does appear to be a genuine sports fan.The SLP this week reports that he is subsidising the club around £100K per week so SLL he does seem to have caught the bug.

That said,I think you need to remain at this level for him to retain his interest,whilst like us I think you have enough points in the bag for this season,next year is a different matter.He seems to want to see more bums on seats and is disappointed that Millwall's crowds have not improved.

I can only go by what Berylson has said and what our FOTB has said about him, that he has caught the bug and isn't just looking to fleece the club.

As for bums on seats, he didn't do his research on us really. Even in 2002 with our charge to the play-offs I think we only averaged about 14k, our ground design limits the capacity nowadays to around 19k anyway.

If we were to ever go up we can't generate the revenue and would never be able to sustain ourselves in the premier league long term...so I don't really see the money making opportunities.

• Options
    The real estate SLL, we had a thread on this before (cant be bothered to search for it, sorry)
  • Options

The real estate SLL, we had a thread on this before (cant be bothered to search for it, sorry)

Millwall don't own any of it though, the only real possible impact is additional people on our doorstep. Welcome the yuppies, say goodbye to us. At home games in any case.