Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rhoys Wiggins (pg.12 - retires from football)

Comments

• Options

Good luck Rhoys. Thanks for a great couple of seasons. Hope you stay fit and do well, except against us.

Couldn't agree more. I still think he was best left back
  • Options
    Good luck Rhoys it was a pleasure to watch you at your best. Hope you stay injury free but can you pick up a slight niggle before you play us.
  • Options

Good luck Rhoys. Thanks for a great couple of seasons. Hope you stay fit and do well, except against us.

Couldn't agree more. I still think he was best left back
    Agreed. But for the injuries he would've done well at champ level and would still be my no1 choice. Good luck Rhoys and thanks for your service
  • Options
    Good luck to him. However he wouldn't have been sold to our nearest rivals if it had been thought he'd have stayed fit enough and been good enough to be our first choice championship left back. Lets hope we got a decent deal over the fee.
  • Options
    As Rhoys still had 3 years left on his contract at CAFC, this was the solution to a injury hit career for us. If after the 9 different injuries over the last 3 seasons,
    Feet,ankle, hamstring, Thigh etc, Wiggins was back at 100 % fine, but it took him quite a few games to peak,(his words) then another injury would come along.
    As i said before, Wiggins at his best was a great sight, but you can't ignore the facts.

• Options
    Hasn't been the same player since the injuries so not that sad to see him go, but genuinely hope he does well - fantastic pro for us and in the promotion season he was brilliant.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

I'm just pissed off he's gone to that lot

Well its allows their fans to say they won League One now...

They've got one of our players who has a League One winning medal so means that they are now the League One Champions from that season
    Do you reckon they'll hire a bus to show him off?
    Ambulance ?

• Options
    Such a pity ...good luck Rhoys
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good Luck Rhoys, definitely one of my favourite players over the last few years. Shame about the injuries :-( , probably a good move for everyone.
  • Options
    Good luck
  • Options
    I'm lead to believe the fee was no way near 750k and more towards the 250k mark.
  • Options

Boo boo boo

This will be a mistake in my opinion

I think releasing Wilson will turn out to be a bigger mistake.
  • Options
    Due to the injuries I think in the end the right decision, but am still sad to see him go.

This leaves solly, Jackson and to an extent cousins from the league 1 season...
  • Options
    jams said:

Due to the injuries I think in the end the right decision, but am still sad to see him go.

This leaves solly, Jackson and to an extent cousins from the league 1 season...

Cousins didn't play (1st team) that season I think.
  • Options
    That's what I thoufht but then I remember him scoring against...Barnsley?? On his debut
  • Options
    Either way shows you how quickly he's become indispensable
  • Options
    jams said:

That's what I thoufht but then I remember him scoring against...Barnsley?? On his debut

2nd season in the championship that was.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2015

I'm lead to believe the fee was no way near 750k and more towards the 250k mark.

I don't rate him since the injuries he has had...IMO he did not look the player he was at all. Lots of mistakes,easy to get past..Before his injuries he was a very good player..

We could of cashed in at the right time... Unfortunately you no how it is... player who could be prone to injuries teams look to off load....

WIGGINS......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76AXQOpqanE
  • Options
    :neutral: Sheffield

I really liked Wiggins. He deserves better. Will miss him. I do wish him well
  • Options
    So just two men standing.
    One with the knee issue and the other in the autumn of his Career.
    I hope Chris plays at least another 150 games for us and JJ is involved
    in coaching from next season with CAFC.
  • Options

No way would RD let someone who has just under 3 years to go on his contracts leave for anything less than £500k!

One of the big earners here too so more of a benefit to our wage structure
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

:neutral: Sheffield

I really liked Wiggins. He deserves better. Will miss him. I do wish him well

I don't understand this comment. He is moving from a team where he was probably third choice, to a club where he will be challenging to be a starter. How on earth does he "deserve better"? Maybe he is on improved wages too? Do you know he isn't?

Anyway, everybody knows it's a MASSIVE move...
  • Options
    Hopefully a change of medical scene might do him good - sorry to see him go. Try as might I just can't whip up the same enthusiasm about the current band of motley imports as the likes of YK, Morro, Wiggins, Cort, BWP etc...realize that times move on and even this team were newboys that swept out the likes of Francis, Doherty, Hayes and Bailey. Still it was a special era - one of the best in modern CAFC times.
  • Options

A third of the fee for the fact that he'll only play a third of the games
  • Options
    Gutted to see him go. A real class player in a completely different league to Fox. Would have kept him personally, if he can get his injuries in check he will easily be one of the best LB's in this division. That said, if he is on good money and our budget is tight then it is probably a necessity.

Leaves us woefully weak on the left side with Harriet on the way out, Moussa continually injured, Edwards and THD far too young/inexperienced to know whether they will ever make it. That leaves Bergditch who is, as yet unproven but seems to have good pedigree, Fox who gives everything and I will always support but to me is League 1 player and worryingly Cousins being played out of position.

Our first 11 looks fine but the squad is still pretty weak I fear.
  • Options
    just hope our new left back is as good..........Fox is ok but I'd prefer a fit Wiggins over most lb's in this division.
  • Options

Gutted to see him go. A real class player in a completely different league to Fox. Would have kept him personally, if he can get his injuries in check he will easily be one of the best LB's in this division. That said, if he is on good money and our budget is tight then it is probably a necessity.

Leaves us woefully weak on the left side with Harriet on the way out, Moussa continually injured, Edwards and THD far too young/inexperienced to know whether they will ever make it. That leaves Bergditch who is, as yet unproven but seems to have good pedigree, Fox who gives everything and I will always support but to me is League 1 player and worryingly Cousins being played out of position.

Our first 11 looks fine but the squad is still pretty weak I fear.

And Caballos can play wide left. How many left sided players do we need.

And that's not even including Archie Edwards, who is going to be knocking on the door very soon...