Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rhoys Wiggins (pg.12 - retires from football)

Comments

• Options
    So we might be stuck with this chap. Can we convert him into a striker?
  • Options
    If he can avoid getting injured (tough ask for him it seems the past few years) then he can be an asset to us.

I expect a loan with a future option to buy attached
  • Options
    IMO injuries are the only reason he has not kicked on. The problem is he is out for months, comes back and is a bit of a liability as he gets up to full fitness, then when he seems close he gets injured again. This has been the story for long enough to question whether he will be able to sustain a level of fitness and pace that his game requires. I was very surprised Wednesday were willing to spend £750k, as I thought we might have a job giving him away based on his wages and unpredictability of his fitness!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Failed medical.

Dazzler21 said:

Made it up.

I knew i'd called it.
  • Options
    Good luck Rhoys.

Came to Bromley Addicks and was a top bloke.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does anyone have any genuine info re. the fee?
  • Options
    Good luck rhoys. Thanks for the memories.
  • Options
    In the words of Adele ... I wish nothing but the best for you.
  • Options
    Good luck Rhoys hope it works out for u , to be honest still think he is good enough to be number 1 left back , not to sure about fox.
  • Options
    Good luck Rhoys... You and Chris may have been two of the smallest Full-Backs in League One but you were both the best.
  • Options
    On his day could be one of the best LBs in the league .still think he's a better option than fox. Hope he does well there
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Good luck to you Rhoys old pal. May you stay fit, and have a manager who believes in you as at your best you are a much more than average player. When you return to the Valley (playing for the biggest club in all the known and unknown universes) I for one will give you a very warm round of applause. You have behaved with impeccable decency in all this, and for that you certainly deserve a welcome back from all Charlton Supporters.
    Mind you, I hope we get six points off you next season :smile:
  • Options
    Notice that Reza has taken Rhoys' No.16 shirt as well now... Even more reason for him to play better now if he's finally got the squad number he wanted.
  • Options
    Good luck Sicknote.
    Looking forward to playing Wednesday at the Valley now.
  • Options
    Good luck rhoys
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One of my favourite players of recent years. But for his succession of injuries I am certain he would have been a huge success for us in the Championship. I don't think anyone we have at LB quite has the blend of defensive solidity and attacking flair that Rhoys had at his peak. Thanks for all the great moments Rhoys and all the very best for your time at the Wendies.
  • Options
    Good luck Rhoys no doubt you will stay injury free and go on to be the cracking left back that we all got to see in our promotion season.
  • Options
    Paddy7 said:

Does anyone have any genuine info re. the fee?

Yeah its undisclosed.

• Options
    Boo boo boo

This will be a mistake in my opinion
  • Options
    All the very best of luck to Rhoys. But for that series of injuries, this was a player who, in my opinion, had the potential to play in the Premier League.

I expect there's been some compromise on both the fee and wages in order to make it happen. It's a move which is probably in all parties' interests, especially as we have two left backs in the first team squad, as well as two good youngsters coming through as in that position. We've certainly had some really good left backs over the years at Charlton and Rhoys Wiggins was another.

Hopefully this deal will free up some funds and wages for another acquisition or two in positions where we're short.
  • Options
    Very Good player for us in League 1, but for injuries I dare say he'd have been the same over the last couple of seasons.
    Cant blame the board for cashing in on this one and if it means we get 1/2 more transfers over the line then I think its good business for both sides.
  • Options
    I'm just pissed off he's gone to that lot
  • Options
    Where's that photo of the promotion winning squad on the pitch at Carlisle?
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Very Good player for us in League 1, but for injuries I dare say he'd have been the same over the last couple of seasons.
    Cant blame the board for cashing in on this one and if it means we get 1/2 more transfers over the line then I think its good business for both sides.

How does half of a transfer work? Agreeing a fee but not personal terms? ;)
  • Options
    Good luck Rhoys, one of my faviorites over the last few years.