Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rhoys Wiggins (pg.12 - retires from football)

Comments

• Options
    Fox THD, Ceballos, Bergdich, Cousins and possibly a loan or Henry as well, plenty of options.
  • Options
    Forgot about Ceballos who looks decent pedigree too. Still think we need another as him, Fox and Bergditch makes 3.
  • Options
    Hope he scores an own goal against us
  • Options

Passes the "Would you buy him a drink if you saw him in a pub in 10 years time" test does our Rhoys.

Bit too many of those have left recently! Let's hope I'll feel the same about the current lot.

• Options
    Jurys out on this one. Very injury prone but jet heeled and pretty good at assists. Hmmm I think I would have taken the cash...just.
  • Options
    Hope I'm wrong but this could prove to be an error on our part. Injuries were a factor I accept but was still a very consistent performer, who I think was not suited to Luzon's style of holding the full backs rather than having them overlapping.
  • Options

Hope he scores an own goal against us

Just can't understand this comment, etc, etc, meh
  • Options
    Gutted that Rhoys has left. Would have kept him as when injury free is a definate first team starter. Would rather have him then Fox but at end of the day down to what Guy thinks. Thanks Rhoys for all you have done for us and esp in the championship winning team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck to him. Still think he's better player than Fox.

Stays injury free then Wednesday have a great player
  • Options
    Gutted. ..big Wiggin's fan...was one of our most consistent players injury prone but can't help but think he was rushed back and done him no favours
  • Options
    I liked him, but he was never the same player after the injury at S**thurst a few years back.
    Good, honest player who should get a decent welcome on his return to The Valley.
  • Options
    Great player. If he avoids injury, Wednesday have got themselves a bargain.

Best of luck Rhoys.
  • Options
    Good move for Rhoys, another 3 years of security, good chance of first team football, just hope Wednesday are not going to be this seasons Bournemouth, and in 12 months time regretting we let him go.
  • Options
    I've always felt he was a bit overrated by some of our fans. Never thought he was crap or anything, a decent player but probably lower third of Champ quality than anything else. Not disappointed to see him go but would thank him for his efforts and wish him best of luck.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

I've always felt he was a bit overrated by some of our fans. Never thought he was crap or anything, a decent player but probably lower third of Champ quality than anything else. Not disappointed to see him go but would thank him for his efforts and wish him best of luck.

Yep. My view as well. Seen some decent performances. Some very average performances as well.

A good player but not an outstanding one.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

colthe3rd said:

Yep. My view as well. Seen some decent performances. Some very average performances as well.

You might get a proper mauling for that.

For the record, I, also, agree with you but I wouldn't have said it on here.
  • Options
    While it is sad that the L1 winning team has been broken up,

So just two men standing.
    One with the knee issue and the other in the autumn of his Career.
    I hope Chris plays at least another 150 games for us and JJ is involved
    in coaching from next season with CAFC.

At the end of the day, that was a third division team, so perhaps it's not surprising that most of the team have moved on.
    3 years after promotion to the PL, much of that team had gone, stalwarts like Brown and Robbo
  • Options
    Gutted to see him leave, but now my concern is 17 players released or sold since May and only 7 bought in! We had a small squad last season now it's even smaller!

Guess Roland is think "there's always the January Transfer Window" or he's the Belgium "Mike Ashley" either way he needs to start signing players ASAP
  • Options

At the end of the day, that was a third division team, so perhaps it's not surprising that most of the team have moved on.
    3 years after promotion to the PL, much of that team had gone, stalwarts like Brown and Robbo
    At the end of the next season most of them had become part of a finishing 9th in the Championship team
    After we brought in obika ect , for most of that season we was flirting with relegation.
  • Options
    bobcafc7 said:

At the end of the next season most of them had become part of a finishing 9th in the Championship team
    After we brought in obika ect , for most of that season we was flirting with relegation.
    with a squads that had no investment in it after winning the league the season before tbf
  • Options
    Gumbo said:

Gutted to see him leave, but now my concern is 17 players released or sold since May and only 7 bought in! We had a small squad last season now it's even smaller!

Guess Roland is think "there's always the January Transfer Window" or he's the Belgium "Mike Ashley" either way he needs to start signing players ASAP

A lot of those 17 never/rarely played or were part of the u21 squad. The squad size is about the same as it was, and it has been said we're looking to sign 2 more.

The 15 released:

Tal Ben Haim
    Simon Church
    Chris Eagles
    Roger Johnson
    Lawrie Wilson
    Oguchi Onyewu
    Neil Etheridge
    Jack Munns
    Harry Osborne
    Harry Gerard
    Kadell Daniel
    Kurtis Cumberbatch
    Kieran Monlouis
    Rhys Browne
    Levander Pyke

Plus Gomez and Lepoint sold.
  • Options
    Technically right Scoham, but add Wiggins, Bulot and Buyens to that list, and made clear that Bikey, Pigott and Harriott aren't wanted.

Stripping out the unlikely to feature youngsters, that makes around 13 players that formed part of the first team squad. We haven't got close to replacing that yet
  • Options
    True, I forgot about the loanees.

As well as a couple more signings it looks like Reza may get a chance again and we can expect to see KAG, RCC and possibly other youngsters given games this season. That would be close to the squad size we could expect.

We could also see players come in on short term loans/contracts as we did with Coquelin and some of the players above.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

Nailed it.