Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• International football is dead.
  • I personally think it's a good idea if it's well planned.
  • They had to do something like this to avoid giving it to a country that

1. Is football mad (even if their national team lets them down every time)

2. Has the stadia

3. Has successfully hosted a major event in the last year

4. Is dragging itself upto speed with high speed rail links

Answers on a postcard.
  • football city
    No doubt if Wembley doesn't get the final it will all be because Plantini hates us though : - )

Yawn :0)) Maybe he likes Ireland enough to hold it in Dublin:))
    No I don't think so either.
    You'll be very popular if it was as everyone would be asking you to get tickets locally : - )
    Indeed. Bloody armchair supporters would be over in force for a one-off game. Imagine Ireland was in it! :))
  • The scale is no bigger than what Brazil will be in 2014, it's also tiny compared to what the scale is likely to be for Russia in the 2018 World Cup.
  • football city
    No doubt if Wembley doesn't get the final it will all be because Plantini hates us though : - )

Yawn :0)) Maybe he likes Ireland enough to hold it in Dublin:))
    No I don't think so either.
    You'll be very popular if it was as everyone would be asking you to get tickets locally : - )
    Indeed. Bloody armchair supporters would be over in force for a one-off game. Imagine Ireland was in it! :))
    Could happen, it just could happen
  • I did wonder how long it would be until the anti English line came out.
  • Platini showing that he really is daft enough to run FIFA in the future.
  • edited December 2012
    Darren Bent at Age 36 is playing for Barcelona and has scored 42 goals in the just finished season.

England Manager John Terry decides not to pick him for the squad.
  • Jints said:

I don't like the idea because I think there is something special about fans congregating in one place.

But I don't think it's such a bad idea that it shoudln't be tried as an experiment.

The real problem is the expansion to 24 teams. Way too many and will dilute the quality of the competition. Also a terrible number for organising a format.

This. Agree strongly with all three points.

• Sponsored links:

• Check your email... Ballot info out...

Got 2 group games at Wembley, plus Dublin if we win the group... Happy days
  • Gutted, did 2 applications (one using my wife's details) and both unsuccessful!
  • Will be certain of group games as all 3 at Wembley if jocks fail to qualify or worst case 2 at Wembley and 1 at hampden if they do qualify. 
    Next round if we win group is Dublin again should be certain of a ticket 
    then Rome if we win that 
    then both the semis and final are at Wembley. 

Currently i Need an allocation of 3450 to be gauranteed an England official ticket through the away membership. 

applied for final and semis all 3 games cat 1 and got nothing - would of attended regardless of who was in the matches 
  • Nephew entered some kind of ballot and we have 4 Cat 3 tickets for a game at Wembley on Friday 19 June. Hopefully be an England game (if they qualify).
  • addick05 said:
    Nephew entered some kind of ballot and we have 4 Cat 3 tickets for a game at Wembley on Friday 19 June. Hopefully be an England game (if they qualify).
    Definitely England as long as we don't get drawn in group with scotland
  • CAFCsayer said:
    addick05 said:
    Nephew entered some kind of ballot and we have 4 Cat 3 tickets for a game at Wembley on Friday 19 June. Hopefully be an England game (if they qualify).
    Wait what? - You think Scotland will qualify???
  • Applied for all the games in Dublin (three group games and one knockout game) and a random game in Munich, only successful for one game, hopefully Ireland qualify now!
  • Do they tell you if you haven’t been successful? I’ve not had anything at all
  • CAFCsayer said:
    addick05 said:
    Wait what? - You think Scotland will qualify???
    If Scotland dont qualify then we cant get drawn with them :smile:
  • danwhicks said:
    Do they tell you if you haven’t been successful? I’ve not had anything at all
  • Sponsored links:

• Applied for 9 games in total, accepted other categories too.

all unsuccessful. Sad times
  • Applied for over 8k of tickets, only successful for two category 1 tickets in Rome. Shite.
  • you only get email if successful. 

just putting here in case people are interested. 

Group stage ( if Scotland fail to qualify all 3 matches will be at wembley, if Scotland do qualify then a.) they will be in our group and b.) there will be a draw to determine where the England vs Scotland game is played, although Scotland will likely not qualify through group they will have a play off oppo due to the nations league format )

14th June Wembley

19th June Wembley

23rd June Wembley

Round of 16

Group winner 30th June Dublin

Group runner up 29th June Copenhagen

¼ final

Group winner 4th july rome 

Group runner up 3rd july st peterseberg

Semis and final are all at Wembley

Semis 7th & 8th July wembley 

Final

12th July wembley 

• 2 lots in Rome and one in Bilbao from an application of nearly £2k . Not ideal 
  • Got two cat 2 tickets for the final.
    Easy resale if England don't get there?
  • Got 3 tickets to the final - so happy
  • 4 tickets for the first and third group D game at Wembley...
  • Missed this opportunity!
  • Zilch for me
  • Tickets for a group stage game in Bucharest and a group stage game in Glasgow, also have tickets through my brother for a group stage game in London and a last 16 game in Dublin.

Should be a fun summer!