Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• Options
    whilst it’s all positive these dates are not set in stone I believe they will move
  • Options
    Have no interest in attending a game at Wembley with 10,000 no drinks or standing and being there early etc 
    Agree. At the moment I would take a BBQ in the sun than being at Wembley with 10k. Still got 4 months until the tournament but think that will be the best option. 
  • Options
    Have no interest in attending a game at Wembley with 10,000 no drinks or standing and being there early etc 
    Agree. At the moment I would take a BBQ in the sun than being at Wembley with 10k. Still got 4 months until the tournament but think that will be the best option. 
    I just don’t see how in 4 months we can go from not seeing a soul to people being able to do what they like 
  • Options
    I just don’t see how in 4 months we can go from not seeing a soul to people being able to do what they like 
    Couldn’t agree more. Just a waiting game now. It’s great that all games are at Wembley as don’t need do anything planning wise of cost wise except rocking up to the station on match day and buying a train ticket. 

• Options
    The move from Max 10k to unlimited is 3 days AFTER Eng v Scot conveniently...
    90,000 for the Czech game then?! ;)
    I'm sure they won't but it's crazy how they could potentially go from no fans to 90k in just a few weeks.

More realistically i'd expect the capacity to be restricted to something like 50% though.
  • Options
    Apparently TFL and Met Police are going on the belief that it could be 20k for Scotland and Croatia matches at Wembley. 
  • Options
    The vaccination role out ... 
  • Options
    Apparently TFL and Met Police are going on the belief that it could be 20k for Scotland and Croatia matches at Wembley. 
    Haven’t the government specifically said it will be 10k at Wembley until the 21st of June?
  • Options
    4 months is a long time in this pandemic. 4 months ago we didn’t have an approved vaccine, now 18 million people in our country have had a vaccine. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Haven’t the government specifically said it will be 10k at Wembley until the 21st of June?

se9addick said:
    Just passing on what I heard.
  • Options
    The tickets for the Euros are already sold out (aside from those who opted to claim a refund), so even if Boris and his chums are chopping and changing rules/timelines, Uefa are going to have to sort out exactly how many of those can attend well in advance of the dates. Imagine they'll be a re-ballot or similar.
  • Options
    Would be a huge boost for the country. Will lead to some interesting discussions about what stadiums should be used for it. Cue moaning when all games are in London and Manchester.
  • Options
    Would be incredible considering the historical context of what is happening this Summer with lockdown being lifted. Sounds too good to be true if anything!
  • Options
    Would be blinding if it happened.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:
    Just passing on what I heard.

That is great tbf. Makes sense that if by May you can have 10k at somewhere like stamford bridge, by a month later 20k in a stadium twice the size wouldn't be too much of a bigger ask...I am really getting excited about this summer after having what would have been the summer of my life snatched away by this wretched virus.

As they say, it's the hope that kills you. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sure it's great for the economy, morale etc. etc. 

But the idea of thousands of people from other countries popping over for a couple of weeks during a worldwide pandemic doesn't immediately fill me with joy. 
  • Options

But the idea of thousands of people from other countries popping over for a couple of weeks during a worldwide pandemic doesn't immediately fill me with joy. 
    Surely they'd have to quarantine for 10 days?
  • Options

I don’t see it personally. I don’t think we are going to see 10k Croats arriving in London for the game. I think we are still many a years from international trips returning for football. 
  • Options

I don’t see it personally. I don’t think we are going to see 10k Croats arriving in London for the game. I think we are still many a years from international trips returning for football. 
    Just in time for our first Europa League campaign 
  • Options

Cant see that happening. Everyone outside the UK will be given refunds and it'll be UK residents at all games id imagine.
  • Options

I sort of agree, it's weird but any other time I'd love the idea of us hosting a major tournament, loved Euro 96 & the Olympics.

But I'm firstly not that fussed about having it here if it means an increased risk due to Covid, and secondly don't want a watered down tournament to be 'our turn' over the chance of a future World Cup etc.