Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• Options
    I don't understand that decision at all. I can only think that it will go ahead as planned and without fans if necessary. 
    Makes zero sense playing across 12 countries if the stadiums will be empty.
    Coronavirus aside, its shit for the environment.
  • Options
    UEFA Officially just confirmed they intent to go ahead with the original format of 12 host cities. 

I am just hoping I can get to Poland and Hungary for the qualifiers later this year. Seems more realistic.
    San Marino as you’ll at least see the game as that big hill give a perfect view of the stadium. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I don't understand that decision at all. I can only think that it will go ahead as planned and without fans if necessary. 
    Makes zero sense playing across 12 countries if the stadiums will be empty.
    Coronavirus aside, its shit for the environment.
    Makes team bubbles etc a lot more hassle if also moving between countries.
  • Options
    There is absolutely no way any fans will get into a football match in Dublin in June.

We are soooooooooooo behind with everything here. Community vaccinations aren’t due to start for anyone until mid February with a vaccine that’s the least effective.
    We’ve just had confirmation that the lockdown with 5km restrictions has been extended to the 5th March.

Not happening.
    Does not sound promising! What is the least effective vaccine..?
    The Oxford one.
    Ireland has signed up for 5 of the vaccines.
    The first 2 being used are the Phizer & Moderna ones. Both have a 95% success rate and they’re being used (albeit very slowly) on the first wave of those who needed to be vaccinated.
    Its likely by the time it gets rolled out to the community, the Oxford one will be in use, it only has 62% success rate.

62% wow , what data have you got that from ? Wasn’t German was it?
  • Options
    There is absolutely no way any fans will get into a football match in Dublin in June.

We are soooooooooooo behind with everything here. Community vaccinations aren’t due to start for anyone until mid February with a vaccine that’s the least effective.
    We’ve just had confirmation that the lockdown with 5km restrictions has been extended to the 5th March.

Not happening.
    The Oxford one.
    The first 2 being used are the Phizer & Moderna ones. Both have a 95% success rate and they’re being used (albeit very slowly) on the first wave of those who needed to be vaccinated.
    Its likely by the time it gets rolled out to the community, the Oxford one will be in use, it only has 62% success rate.

Is that 62% across all age groups?
  • Options

Not happening.
    The Oxford one.

Been updated by those more knowledgeable than myself that that percentage is actually after the first dose and then goes up into the 90’s once the second dose is administered.

So now the only issue we have here in Ireland is how much of a percentage the EU is willing to give us.

My hubby and I volunteer delivering meals on wheels. Have done for four years now. Got asked for our details the other day as we might be in line for the vaccine because of that. Supplied all the info and they then came back and asked our nationality.

That won’t be happening then.

If the games happen in Dublin, there won’t be any fans allowed imo.
  • Options

Not happening.
    The Oxford one.

Been updated by those more knowledgeable than myself that that percentage is actually after the first dose and then goes up into the 90’s once the second dose is administered.

So now the only issue we have here in Ireland is how much of a percentage the EU is willing to give us.

My hubby and I volunteer delivering meals on wheels. Have done for four years now. Got asked for our details the other day as we might be in line for the vaccine because of that. Supplied all the info and they then came back and asked our nationality.

Why would they ask your nationality & why would that cause a problem?
    If your doing meals on wheels to old folk then it makes absolute sense that you have it .
  • Options

Not happening.
    The Oxford one.

If your doing meals on wheels to old folk then it makes absolute sense that you have it .
    Because we’re from the UK who have recently left the EU?
    That would be my first guess. 
    I’d certainly prefer it to the old ‘troubles’ issue (which it could also be).
    It will be very interesting to see what happens next 🤔
  • Options

Not happening.
    The Oxford one.

Are Ireland only vaccinating their own citizens? Not actually sure what the UK are doing, assumed it was all residents regardless of nationality. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

Not happening.
    The Oxford one.

Are Ireland only vaccinating their own citizens? Not actually sure what the UK are doing, assumed it was all residents regardless of nationality. 
    No but there is a distinct order (like there is in the UK).
    We were asked if we’d be happy to to take up the offer of a vaccine ASAP because we deliver meals on wheels. I’m only guessing as to why our nationality was asked for🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Not happening.
    The Oxford one.

No but there is a distinct order (like there is in the UK).
    We were asked if we’d be happy to to take up the offer of a vaccine ASAP because we deliver meals on wheels. I’m only guessing as to why our nationality was asked for🤷‍♀️
    Cool, cheers 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    cafc4life said:
    I applied for a refund on my tickets last night. No chance it happens how we’d want it to , if at all for fans 
    Why did you apply for a refund? If it goes ahead without fans you'd get a refund anyway. I'm holding on to mine but doubt I'll be going.
    I imagine because even if you can go, it would be shite with a few k in Wembley, in masks, no standing, no opposition fans etc etc.

That said, I’ve cancelled them all except Scotland, the semi and the final.........just in case.
    No different to the normal atmosphere at Wembley then  ;)

It's fair enough if anyone does want to sell but at this point I'll take anything though, just having something to look forward to is a bonus even if it'll only be a fraction of what it should have been.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Will UEFA be offering another opportunity to buy tickets after the returns phase ends?

Edit - I’m aware that it’s mental to be contemplating buying a ticket to a competition that might not have any fans at it but would love to get a ticket for one of Scotland’s matches. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Will UEFA be offering another opportunity to buy tickets after the returns phase ends?

Edit - I’m aware that it’s mental to be contemplating buying a ticket to a competition that might not have any fans at it but would love to get a ticket for one of Scotland’s matches
    Said no one ever 😉

All joking aside, I’m not the biggest fan of the jocks but even I feel the smallest smidgen of sympathy for their core loyal support who will miss seeing them in such a rare tournament..
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Edit - I’m aware that it’s mental to be contemplating buying a ticket to a competition that might not have any fans at it but would love to get a ticket for one of Scotland’s matches. 
    se9addick said:

they said they would, make an account at uefa.com and you'll get all latest news about the tournament emailed through

• Options
    I requested a refund and had an email yesterday saying it was unsuccessful as they couldn’t pay it it back to the card I originally paid on but when they ask for payment details they don’t ask for that they ask for IBAN number and swift codes and a bank key? Anyone able to help on this ?
  • Options
    that’s cause it will be an international payment 
    should be able to get IBAN off your statement 

will start with GB then 2 numbers, then 4 letter bank code then sort code and account number. 

Something like 
    GB78BARC20406012345678
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    that’s cause it will be an international payment 
    should be able to get IBAN off your statement 

will start with GB then 2 numbers, then 4 letter bank code then sort code and account number. 

Something like 
    GB78BARC20406012345678
    Yeah I have put all that info in mate and it accepted it but now an email saying unsuccessful so really not sure what to do
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You can also go onto IBAN.com and out in your sort code and account number and it will give you the IBAN and swift code. 

No idea about the bank key and I work for an international payments company 
  • Options
    I’ve just had a look at a bank statement and the IBAN number and swift key I’ve put in are correct . I’ve re submitted the refund request but not sure what else to do if/when it gets rejected
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    I’ve just had a look at a bank statement and the IBAN number and swift key I’ve put in are correct . I’ve re submitted the refund request but not sure what else to do if/when it gets rejected
    What matches do you have tickets for?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    cafc4life said:
    What matches do you have tickets for?
    Quarter final in Rome. Think it had potential to be England should they qualify etc but can’t see it happening 
  • Options
    Hopefully some fans in attendance for the England games then...If all is running smoothly by June you would hope that they allow more than 10,000 people in a 90,000 seater stadium too! 
  • Options
    Hopefully some fans in attendance for the England games then...If all is running smoothly by June you would hope that they allow more than 10,000 people in a 90,000 seater stadium too! 
    The bigger issue is public transport, toilets, bars, exiting etc as opposed 10,000 in a 90,000 stadium.
  • Options
    The move from Max 10k to unlimited is 3 days AFTER Eng v Scot conveniently...
  • Options
    The move from Max 10k to unlimited is 3 days AFTER Eng v Scot conveniently...
    90,000 for the Czech game then?! ;)
  • Options
    Have no interest in attending a game at Wembley with 10,000 no drinks or standing and being there early etc 
    Probably would have been my attitude a while back but now...will take what I can get. Have been to at least one game at the last 3 tournaments so would like to keep that run going lol.