Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro 2020 Thread

1182183184185186188»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2021
    I see Shaw, Mount, Walker, Rice all signing sweet Caroline together in Mykonos. Hope they enjoy themselves, definitely deserved it.
    Guessing Harry Maguire hasn't joined them out there.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Bollox.  All that brave defending and then two of them decided to tap the ball towards the keeper in the shoot out.  If you are going to miss, do so sticking your laces through it.
    At least the shitness of the penalty taking was shared amongst several players, so while they'll all be gutted there's no single scapegoat.
    Very prescient about England.
  • Options
    Can't be often that neither of the 2 top scorers made the team of the tournament.

How does Lukaku get in ahead of Schick? None of Belgium's results were affected by his goals, where as the Czech's wouldn't have even got out of the group without Schick's goals.
    Completely agree - Its not like Belgium went further in the competition either
    An entire nation also completely agrees, i can assure you of that :)

His goal against Scotland has of course won the popular vote for goal of the tournament. Certainly got mine. As someone with a gang of Scottish mates whom I first met before the Wembley "invasion" game in 1977, that's something I'm going to re-run whenever I feel down, and may get played at my funeral just to wind the tossers up one last time. :D

But in this clip, dontcha just love the way those "football professional at UEFA" have obscured the breakout pass to Schick with a completely unnecessary flash that reminds us they are in hock to Gazprom?

There was no 'breakout pass' to Schick. It was a block on a long range effort from the Scottish player that fell into Schick's path. Not taking anything away from the goal because it was a classy finish but maybe watch the highlights back...