Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Options
    Macronate said:

Wow, 9” in the garden when it’s this cold is impressive.

Well, what can I say :-)
  • Options
    Big Cat
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Heavyish snow in my village near Tunbridge Wells. Time to get down to the Shell garage, stock up with bread, milk and tins and put our siege mentality into operation.
  • Options

Heavyish snow in my village near Tunbridge Wells. Time to get down to the Shell garage, stock up with bread, milk and tins and put our siege mentality into operation.

Bread and milk.?
    Whisky and San Miguel in my house
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Wow, 9” in the garden when it’s this cold is impressive.

Someone getting inches and centimetres on their ruler confused me thinks :smile:
  • Options
    At work made it in as its local, Tadley and Aldermaston is blocked abandoned cars on the A339. Mrs says it took her 3 hours to go 6 miles this afternoon.
  • Options

At work made it in as its local, Tadley and Aldermaston is blocked abandoned cars on the A339. Mrs says it took her 3 hours to go 6 miles this afternoon.

Its awful. Friend left work at hospital at 3pm, just got home in Kempshott at quarter to 8..
  • Options
    CatAddick said:

Its awful. Friend left work at hospital at 3pm, just got home in Kempshott at quarter to 8..
    Abandoned cars everywhere apparently everywhere...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

CatAddick said:

BMWs I'll wager
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

CatAddick said:

BMWs I'll wager
    Funny enough my colleague who has made it in late, says they were mostly BMWs lol.
  • Options

IdleHans said:

CatAddick said:

BMWs I'll wager
    Funny enough my colleague who has made it in late, says they were mostly BMWs lol.
    Good
  • Options

Bexley 2019 snow storm. If I don't get out of this please tell my family I love them.

Hang in there Ralph - we are praying for you.
  • Options
    Coming down heavy and settling in welling now
  • Options
    I got a second hand BMW last year. First rear wheel drive car I've owned. It's been bloody shit the last couple days. Resorted to sand bags in the boot.
  • Options
    Settling in Belvedere . About an inch on my car.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:

Now snowing heavily in Greenwich. Normally i can see Canary Wharf from where I live but can't see any of their buildings or lights. I don't know long is expected to snow for...

Likewise, I can't see CW either (from the Peninsula). It's not settling yet though.
  • Options
    Finally in Heckington we have snow ..
    Get in...Not quite the amount Ralph has had tho.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bluebell hill totally gridlocked
  • Options
    Almost a white out here now, it's the young ones I feel for what chance do they have in extreme weather like this.
  • Options
    Bluebell Hill and Detling Hill are both closed. Now starting to settle in Bearsted Maidstone.
  • Options
    Chucking it down in Bromley
  • Options

Almost a white out here now, it's the young ones I feel for what chance do they have in extreme weather like this.

Snowflakes ?
  • Options
    Been snowing for a couple if hours now in Swanley......but having been raining all day it's taken a long while settle. A bit more than a dusting but not enough to be a problem.

Kids are gutted as they were hoping to miss school today.....but now thinking of getting up early tomorrow to go out in it. No logic.
  • Options
    My car is beyond useless in any form of grip altering weather, gorgeous to drive any other time of year but in this it's just wants to go sideways. Snow can fuck right off!

• Options
    Woke up to a verdant garden
    Doesn’t look like a flake has dropped all night.
  • Options
    Carter said:

My car is beyond useless in any form of grip altering weather, gorgeous to drive any other time of year but in this it's just wants to go sideways. Snow can fuck right off!

Winter tyres would transform it but they cannot really be justified in London and SE i guess. Apparently when the temp. is above 7C, they are less effective than normal tyres, and they anyway increase consumption. Where I live they are mandatory November - March.
  • Options

Carter said:

Winter tyres would transform it but they cannot really be justified in London and SE i guess. Apparently when the temp. is above 7C, they are less effective than normal tyres, and they anyway increase consumption. Where I live they are mandatory November - March.
    Winter tyres are indeed a game changer. For the amount it snows though they are uneconomical. I'll leave the car alone whilst it's like this