Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Options
    Newquay airport is closed people. CLOSED !
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Newquay airport is closed people. CLOSED !

Well, it's normally a bit quiet even when it's open.

• Options
    Bumped into my sister just now. She said " Are we still going to Whitstable tomorrow then" I said sure, why not? She says, haven't you seen the forecast? Well I'm a bit of a weather freak nowadays, I've got three apps. So I looked again, and all I can see is max 50 % chance of some sleet - sleet - in the early hours. Temp above zero the whole night. But of course what she sees is the Sun headline and South Eastern Trains and their winter bloody timetable.

I can understand that up in hilly areas things might get a bit tasty. But this is Eltham. Don't fall for fake news. Get a decent app. For up to 48 hours ahead most of them are pretty accurate, and for where you actually live, not the effing Lake District..
  • Options
    A light dusting of snow and everyone goes into panic mode. Just popped to Waitrose and it's like we only have a few days left on earth!

People piling up bread, milk and other supplies. Jesus Christ, it'll have melted away by Saturday!!
  • Options
    That's it people. The light dusting of Cornish snow has melted and it's raining, raining, raining.

What a let down. Bit like this window.

• Options
    Let me know when the snow crosses north of the river and I’ll head home from the pub.
  • Options

Bumped into my sister just now. She said " Are we still going to Whitstable tomorrow then" I said sure, why not? .

I don’t care if there is 10ft of snow. This lunch is going ahead!
  • Options

A light dusting of snow and everyone goes into panic mode. Just popped to Waitrose and it's like we only have a few days left on earth!

People piling up bread, milk and other supplies. Jesus Christ, it'll have melted away by Saturday!!

I think that’s just preparing for Brexit.
  • Options
    I am not going to start worrying about the weather until @golfaddick tells us there is nothing to worry about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well the M5 near Exeter is closed because of snow so don’t give up hope of a dollop here just yet.
  • Options

Bumped into my sister just now. She said " Are we still going to Whitstable tomorrow then" I said sure, why not? She says, haven't you seen the forecast? Well I'm a bit of a weather freak nowadays, I've got three apps. So I looked again, and all I can see is max 50 % chance of some sleet - sleet - in the early hours. Temp above zero the whole night. But of course what she sees is the Sun headline and South Eastern Trains and their winter bloody timetable.

I can understand that up in hilly areas things might get a bit tasty. But this is Eltham. Don't fall for fake news. Get a decent app. For up to 48 hours ahead most of them are pretty accurate, and for where you actually live, not the effing Lake District..

Um met office app has 2 degree all night with 90% chance of heavy snow for four hours between midnight and 4am with lighter snow either end here in Greenwich.

There may be snow.

• Options

Um met office app has 2 degree all night with 90% chance of heavy snow for four hours between midnight and 4am with lighter snow either end here in Greenwich.

There may be snow.

Two degrees?. PLUS two degrees? Exactly what my three apps say. You know what snow does at that temp? It melts.

Except on South East Train tracks, of course.
  • Options
    I am in Greenwich and a gritter has justed dumped a load of gritt on my road. All this for 1cm of snow..
  • Options
    Snow settles at 2 degrees if it’s snowing hard enough. Zero degrees now on the app btw
  • Options
    Why is it not snowing. I want a snow day...
  • Options

Why is it not snowing. I want a snow day...

You peak blinder
  • Options
    On its way looking at radar. Light flakes starting in sidcup
  • Options
    Snowing hard here on the ski hill at Lake Louise - got to thank the kid’s teachers for having a PD day today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2c and snow can settle easily, a lot depends on dew point, which is around -2c and ground temperature which have been falling recently.
  • Options
    Heavy here in Brighton
  • Options
    Loojs like it is about to start here.. a few small bits in the air.
  • Options
    Your living the dream mate, Australia, Hong Kong, Peterborough and Finland
  • Options
    Snowing in Golders Green
  • Options

Your living the dream mate, Australia, Hong Kong, Peterborough and Finland

Yes mate and flying back 2mo for Fleetwood on Sat
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Snowing hard here on the ski hill at Lake Louise - got to thank the kid’s teachers for having a PD day today.

Mightily Jealous. Skied Lake Louise some years ago, Great skiing & great views. I remember the temperature being -20 up on the top slopes...........
  • Options
    Tavern said:

Heavy here in Finland

Can’t believe that from just 14 chips.
  • Options
    Snowing and settling down my road in Strood

Working from home tomorrow