Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Options
    Driving up to Blackpool tomorrow, should be interesting...
  • Options
    Snowing on Shooters Hill
  • Options
    In a minicab from Surbiton to Eltham. Clapham Common now. This is sleet, you snowflakes!
  • Options

In a minicab from Surbiton to Eltham. Clapham Common now. This is sleet, you snowflakes!

Proper snowing in SE9, you may not get here.
  • Options
    Now snowing heavily in Greenwich. Normally i can see Canary Wharf from where I live but can't see any of their buildings or lights. I don't know long is expected to snow for...
  • Options

Snowing and settling down my road in Strood

Working from home tomorrow

That means on Charlton Life all day tomorrow, surely? :smile:
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Catford, sleeting merrily.
  • Options

Riviera said:

Thankfully Catford is not Eltham...
  • Options

Sunny in Sidcup

Get back to the cricket thread!
    Gave me a shock today seeing you there. There was no arguments going on. It was like seeing you comment on a real ale thread... :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Will the Pond be open as usual tomorrow? Or will you be closing at 20.00 due to reports of snow on Ben Nevis?

Eltham High Street. OMG some of the pavements actually still look a bit white.
  • Options
    Snow starting harder but melting here so far. See how that goes later the lad is really hoping for a sledge day in Greenwich Park.
  • Options
    Snowing heavily Farnborough (Hampshire) airport
  • Options

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Will the Pond be open as usual tomorrow? Or will you be closing at 20.00 due to reports of snow on Ben Nevis?

Nothing closes the Pond. We are open 365 days a year. It's Whitstable you need to worry about.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Nothing closes the Pond. We are open 365 days a year. It's Whitstable you need to worry about.
    Whitstable says " own your own shit". 6 degrees by midday tomorrow there.

But hey, since I'm just up the road from you, shall I come and sweep the pavement in front of your house for you in the morning? It's what we do in "Europe" but I ain't gonna be out before 9, and I don't wanna take credit for what Mother Nature did herself.

Stay safe :-)
  • Options

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

But hey, since I'm just up the road from you, shall I come and sweep the pavement in front of your house for you in the morning? It's what we do in "Europe" but I ain't gonna be out before 9, and I don't wanna take credit for what Mother Nature did herself.

I've moved.
  • Options
    No school snow day, the lad is going to be gutted and I’ll be up at 6.30.

Genuinely thought we would sign a new striker and have a foot of snow in Greenwich tomorrow.

Oh well, normal routine but with the heating on.

Come on you snow.
  • Options
    Sod all in Maidstone over night.
  • Options
    A light dusting in Swanley. All a big fuss about nothing.
  • Options

Sod all in Maidstone over night.

There never is
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iamdan said:

Disappointed not to wake up to 6 inches.

I didn't know my wife posted on here !!
  • Options
    More snow in North and West London. Unusual for the snow to come in from the southwest
  • Options
    all schools closed and roads closed where I am (westcountry'ish)- kids just going to build a snowman and still snowing heavily. About 8 inches lying on the ground and all very pretty.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

I've moved.
    Well wherever you are, I salute your heroic dedication to getting the Pond open in such severe weather. It's exactly this British Bulldog spirit that willsee the country through the challenges which face it

• Options

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

I've moved.
    Well wherever you are, I salute your heroic dedication to getting the Pond open in such severe weather. It's exactly this British Bulldog spirit that willsee the country through the challenges which face it

Had about 3 inches last night where I live. Not exactly Chicago or Siberia, but more than your dusting!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    We were nearly snowed in (if it had snowed a lot...I mean a lot but it didn’t...and we weren’t).
  • Options
    Drove down to Torquay this afternoon and because of an incident on the A303 I had to dive off onto the country lanes of Wiltshire and Somerset. Really heavy snow and got turned back at one point by old bill becaus a lorry had stuck on a Hill. Picturesque in the extreme according to the missus but the drive was at times quite hairy.
  • Options
    Absolute carnage in Basingstoke. Best part of 9 inches in the garden and still falling. Place is gridlocked (again). What is it about this town and snow?