Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who was Jack The Ripper?

Comments

• Options
    Saw a brilliant documentary on this on YouTube (probably the most recent one made) and they had it down to a butcher
     Which documentary is this?

I've long thought the Ripper could have links to Smithfield market. It's a 10-15 minute walk away from most of the murders.
    Never heard the Butcher theory officially which is strange when you consider the method of the murders.

Had a good look on YouTube earlier as that's where I woulda seen it, but can't find it mate.

It was all virtual reality and it showed the routes he would've walked. I'll have a proper look tonight
  • Options
    It’s difficult to understand why this is important anymore.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    iainment said:
    Not important, but who doesn’t find an unsolved ‘who done it’ interesting?
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Know what you mean, the sinking of the titanic or WW1 / WW2 arent important anymore either are they?
  • Options
    Fun to speculate but the truth is we don’t know and we’ll never know. 
  • Options
    The Walter Sickert angle comes from the book by Stephen Knight, Jack the Rippper-The Final Solution. This was a great read but was taken many years ago to be a hoax, the main source admitting as much. Patricia Cornwells book was tripe really, didn't present anything very persuasive at all. It looks like she read Stephen Knights book and didn't hear about it being a wind-up.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Or an unremarkable, obscure person whom no one has ever named in connection with the case and who, shortly after the last killing, was either imprisoned, consigned to an asylum, or dead. 
  • Options
    Or an unremarkable, obscure person whom no one has ever named in connection with the case and who, shortly after the last killing, was either imprisoned, consigned to an asylum, or dead. 
    Sounds like the polish bloke
  • Options
    Piotr Parzyszek?
  • Options
    edited July 2020

Ashley, I say, was it Ashley that did it?
  • Options
    Piotr Parzyszek?
    Kozminski mate. He got nutted off to a secure workhouse and the killings stopped I think
  • Options
    I thought the whole point of the Michael Caine mini series was that they had access to Scotland Yards files & that their "suspect" was virtually nailed on. Obviously it was a drama etc etc but if they hadnt had at least some inside "knowledge"  I'd be most surprised.
  • Options
    I thought the whole point of the Michael Caine mini series was that they had access to Scotland Yards files & that their "suspect" was virtually nailed on. Obviously it was a drama etc etc but if they hadnt had at least some inside "knowledge"  I'd be most surprised.
    That was brilliant I thought. Didn't they have it down to the Queens surgeon with the help from his carriage driver?
  • Options
    I remember watching that. Good little series. 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Important enough for you to open a thread about it, read it, then comment though ......

Or are you just checking to see if they're onto you yet?
    ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Paullie? 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Know what you mean, the sinking of the titanic or WW1 / WW2 arent important anymore either are they?
    The Titanic no. WW1 or WW2 important of course. Your post is nonsensical.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    iainment said:
    Important enough for you to open a thread about it, read it, then comment though ......

;-)
    I try to read all the threads on here. Doesn’t mean they’re important though.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    iainment said:
    The Titanic no. WW1 or WW2 important of course. Your post is nonsensical.
    All history is worth remembering, not just the bits YOUR interested in - that was the point of my post
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Off_it said:
    iainment said:

;-)
    Do you only comment on the ones you think aren't important then?
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Off_it said:
    iainment said:

;-)
    Why bother posting three times then?

It's an interesting unsolved mystery that's not too far from where a lot of us were brought up.

I'd still like to know what happened to the 9th Legion. It's not important, but I'd still like to know.
  • Options
    I’d like to know who the twat was who burned the 1947 Cup Final kit?😡
  • Options

Katrien Meire appointed CEO at Sheffield Wednesday  Daily Mail Online
  • Options

Katrien Meire appointed CEO at Sheffield Wednesday  Daily Mail Online