Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Super Kerm Requires Ankle Surgery

Comments

• Options
    Gutted for Kermo, but this is football life and that's what our squad is there for. If Fuller had not signed, we'd have been in quite a desperate place, but as it stands, as those above have said, we've still got competition for places. We are a million miles away from the years when an injury or two up top meant that Phil Chappell had to play up there as cover.

Wish you a speedy recovery Kermo, the door is wide open Ricardo - blow them away!
  • Options
    big worry is a 30 year old getting a fractured ankle,might take him a bit longer to get over it.
  • Options
    edited September 2012

That is a real blow.
    First thing that came in to my mind is that he won't get to play in the game at the New Den. Need blokes like him there.

Really?didn't do much against palace?

It's a big loss but we can cope if everyone else stays fit, BWP, fuller, Haynes, smith and cook, CM and a pacey winger r needed first.

• Options

That is a real blow.
    First thing that came in to my mind is that he won't get to play in the game at the New Den. Need blokes like him there.

Really?didn't do much against palace?

It's a big loss but we can cope if everyone else stays fit, BWP, fuller, Haynes, smith and cook, CM and a pacey winger r needed first.

You could be right fella.
    Just reckon when you're looking around at your teammates before you leave the dressing room at the New Den, you'd want Kermorgant amongst them.

• Options
    Says it was a training ground collision. WTF
    Any idea who with?
  • Options
    Nigel Reo-Coker
  • Options
    edited September 2012

Any idea who with?

A tackle by one of our other players but it would be unfair to say who in case he got abuse from some of our fans.
  • Options
    6 letters, ends in N?
  • Options
    I will play
  • Options

Any idea who with?

A tackle by one of our other players but it would be unfair to say who in case he got abuse from some of our fans.
    Blame Solly .. there is so much SollyLove on here, he could break Yann and Ricardo's necks and get away with it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Chris Martin at Norwich might not get much game time again this season and was at Crystal Palace last season on loan would be a good replacement if we could get him.

Didn't he sign for them on a permanent deal during the summer?

• Options
    edited September 2012
    nah .. he's still with Coldplay

Edit: Norwich
  • Options

Chris Martin at Norwich might not get much game time again this season and was at Crystal Palace last season on loan would be a good replacement if we could get him.

Didn't he sign for them on a permanent deal during the summer?

Still at Norwich not playing.
  • Options
    Get well soon Yann.....please!
  • Options
    Macronate said:

6 letters, ends in N?

Can I have a vowel please?

Gutted about Yann but we shall overcome. We are Charlton!
  • Options
    Bartlett?
  • Options
    Svensson?
  • Options
    ZUT ALORS!
  • Options
    wilson lol
  • Options
    Not good
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So we have BWP, Fuller, Smith, Haynes, Cook and Waggy who can all play upfront, not to mention we could re-call Clarke or even give one of the youngsters a chance. Dont get me wrong none of them are Yann and he will be missed but when one of your best players gets injured its not always the best idea to panic buy as it often turns out very costly with very little reward. I personally think through no fault of his own this season we have resorted to the easy option that is punt it up to Yann which has stopped us playing some of the free flowing football we saw last season.

From what my mate has said who is a Stoke season ticket holder, I am very excited to see Fuller have a decent run in the team.
  • Options
    If Fuller can stay injury free we should be ok without Yann but that is one hell of a big if!!
  • Options
    For the people saying no loans, give our youngsters a chance. Do you honestly think our youngsters are up to championship standard?? half the 1st team squad probably isn't ready for championship football so what makes you think our youngsters are??

Have to get in a premier league loan IMO
  • Options

So we have BWP, Fuller, Smith, Haynes, Cook and Waggy who can all play upfront, not to mention we could re-call Clarke or even give one of the youngsters a chance. Dont get me wrong none of them are Yann and he will be missed but when one of your best players gets injured its not always the best idea to panic buy as it often turns out very costly with very little reward. I personally think through no fault of his own this season we have resorted to the easy option that is punt it up to Yann which has stopped us playing some of the free flowing football we saw last season.

From what my mate has said who is a Stoke season ticket holder, I am very excited to see Fuller have a decent run in the team.

Will be good to see Fuller have a run but I can't see him starting every game.

It's important we have a balanced partnership up front and I don't see one between BWP, Haynes, Cook and Wagstaff. That means we need to keep Fuller fit and he'd have to start every game.

As for Smith and other youngsters they're not ready. Aside from Smith if they go out on loan it'll be in non-league.

We really don't have many options. We need 4/5 strikers that are good enough for a run in the team at this level. We now have 3 at best.
  • Options
    As a regular viewer of the U 18s,none of the strikers are ready to play in the first team at the moment.
  • Options

For the people saying no loans, give our youngsters a chance. Do you honestly think our youngsters are up to championship standard?? half the 1st team squad probably isn't ready for championship football so what makes you think our youngsters are??

Have to get in a premier league loan IMO

this. As far as I'm concerned we have BWP and Fuller and that is it. Haynes is too injury prone to pin your hopes on, Smith is raw but could get ten mins here and there from the bench, Waggy is not a striker and neither is Cook. Anyone else like Azeez needs to go on loan and get some experience first. A loan striker for three months is a must.

• Options
    People keep saying that Smith is no where near ready but CP obviously doesnt agree as he has been on the bench most games this season.

I dont agree that you need to have a big man little man combo upfront. I think that as long as the ball is getting played in to feet I think BWP can adapt his role and hold the ball up.

Imo Waggy is a better striker than right winger as he is quick and he can finish, he is not great at crossing or taking players on. Before coming in to the first team he was always used as a striker.
  • Options
    Oh bugger !! :(
  • Options

People keep saying that Smith is no where near ready but CP obviously doesnt agree as he has been on the bench most games this season.

I dont agree that you need to have a big man little man combo upfront. I think that as long as the ball is getting played in to feet I think BWP can adapt his role and hold the ball up.

Imo Waggy is a better striker than right winger as he is quick and he can finish, he is not great at crossing or taking players on. Before coming in to the first team he was always used as a striker.

I think Smith is there on the bench due to the lack of options
    And if you saw waggy in his few appearances up top , carlisle in the cup was one, waggy definitely is not better up top than on the wing, in fact he has been useless up front when he has played there

As large says fuller , kermo and bwp are our only strikers of note
    Haynes if ever fit is all pace and has limited finishing ability imo
  • Options
    This is not the news I wanted to read on my return from my hols. Bugger, bugger, bugger.