Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Super Kerm Requires Ankle Surgery

Comments

• Options
    2 long term injuries in a week is unfortunate.

BWP and Fuller played well together on Saturday, but we really need Haynes to stay injury free now.

Smith is one for the future, Clarke (who's probably out of the picture now) would probably do a better short term job though. We could always stick Waggy up front I suppose, though he's not a target man either.
  • Options

Wagstaff can always play off a front man.

Well you say that, but it's never worked.
  • Options

Is Waggy injured? Haven't seen him since the cup game

Spoke to him Saturday morning at Sparrows Lane. He's had a calf injury. Now fit & was on bench on Saturday.
  • Options
    Danny Haynes preferred position is up front he may get a chance now.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Greenie said:

Danny Haynes preferred position is up front he may get a chance now.

Yes, but he seems to pick up an injury if he plays more than one game. Often hamstring injuries.
  • Options
    Haynes' scoring record to date does not indicate that he is, or can be converted to a main striker role
  • Options
    Need a loan. Haynes appears to be the new Anyinsah. Smith isn't ready. Clarke, not in CPs plans. Fuller doesnt have the best record with injuries either.
  • Options
    >Insert Loan Striker Here<
  • Options
    The perfect fella signed for Millwall last week...
  • Options
    Think it's quite clear that Clarke has clearly not interested in playing for Charlton in the long term. Not worth having him in the side when we are going to need to have everyone operating on full cylinders week in and week out.

At least Michael Smith will be hungry to impress.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FFS
  • Options
    BALLS. I didn't even known it was possible to hurt Kermo, I assumed he would just keep going and going Terminator style.
  • Options
    this is the 5th highest 'ranked' story on the bbc football site
  • Options
    Gazcafc81 said:

>Insert Loan Striker Here<</p>

N'Guessan
  • Options
    That is a real blow.
    First thing that came in to my mind is that he won't get to play in the game at the New Den. Need blokes like him there.
  • Options

Gazcafc81 said:

>Insert Loan Striker Here<</p>

N'Guessan

Beckford
  • Options

That is a real blow.
    First thing that came in to my mind is that he won't get to play in the game at the New Den. Need blokes like him there.

Bad enough news on its own - now very pissed off with that point!

• Options
    Target man on loan please.

Smith and the other young strikers are not ready
    Clarke's not good enough
    Wagstaff and Cook aren't strikers and completely different players to Yann

Hopefully someone better than N'Guessan.
  • Options
    Fuller and BWP up top.
    Haynes backup, Smith after that

This might do us good, ever since we got Kermit we have played less attractive, when hes on the long ball looks so more temping for our defenders. Get it on the deck and play it about.
  • Options
    :( Noooooo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe Heskey will join us after all... :-)
  • Options
    N'Guessan is the easy answer as we know him, he knows us, can he cut it at this level? I'm not sure otherwise Millwall woulld play him, however beggars can't be choosers..... I can see another 2000 post thread coming on who were going to get.
  • Options
    MattD said:

Fuller and BWP up top.
    Haynes backup, Smith after that

This might do us good, ever since we got Kermit we have played less attractive, when hes on the long ball looks so more temping for our defenders. Get it on the deck and play it about.

Yann would be the first name on my team sheet (not in goal smart arses!) but we did play much better passing football before him last season.
    Now whether we are good enough to do that in this league I guess the next 3 months will tell - its a tough way to find out if we aren't though. He does offer something that could always be a lifeline however badly we are playing which is going to be hard to replace.

Perhaps the biggest loss will be his commitment - it must rub off on the other players and it certainly lifts the crowd.

• Options

N'Guessan is the easy answer as we know him, he knows us, can he cut it at this level? I'm not sure otherwise Millwall woulld play him, however beggars can't be choosers..... I can see another 2000 post thread coming on who were going to get.

Ok then Peter Crouch

• Options

That is a real blow.

That really has made this news even more devastating.

• Options
    It'll probably be DnG if we do sign anyone on loan. He isn't the best player in the world but he has a decent goal scoring record for us and seems to want to come back which is always nice to read
  • Options
    Need to review the premier list of players outside the 25 man squads. Hopefully CP has learnt and won't bring in anyone like the muppet he got against Dyers advice from West Ham
  • Options

Agree with this. Not how I'd have liked the situation to arise but maybe now we will keep it more on the deck.

• Options
    Chris Martin at Norwich might not get much game time again this season and was at Crystal Palace last season on loan would be a good replacement if we could get him.
  • Options
    edited September 2012

Agree with this. Not how I'd have liked the situation to arise but maybe now we will keep it more on the deck.

That's what some of us thought when Iwelumo left...