Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ipswich v Charlton - Post match thread

edited September 2012 in General Charlton
A much needed win with a quick second half double from Captain Jacko and Ricardo.

All post match chatter here, look forward to the reports from those there.

Comments

• Options
    I'm having a great day. Found out that I've passed my degree and Charlton win away from home.
    Yay!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    3 points. Great confidence booster. And Incorruptible got his gardening done.

So really good day alround.
  • Options
    Well done to the boys. Seems the changes gave us more energy and impetuous. Something to build on and very valuable three points but lets not forget Ipswich are a poor side. Just build on that and get in NRC please.
  • Options
    EastStand said:

I'm having a great day. Found out that I've passed my degree and Charlton win away from home.
    Yay!

Good work that girl

Champers....

• Options
    Well done all. CP picked what most people would agree after Tues was our best XI (the unlucky yann apart). Great for confidence and needless to say crucial to get some more points on the board. Solid effort from the lads. COYR.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    From listening on the radio:

Sounded like what we did last season, get the lead and held on to it by the skin of our teeth.

Fuller put a real shift in and scored a cracking goal.

Kerkar sounded like a danger and was constantly beating his man and getting balls into box.

JJ played better in the middle and scored.

The defense was solid and there goal was a lucky deflection.

Jewell is going to be sacked soon and I reckon Ipswich may get relegated.

COYR!!!!!! A great result, onward's and upward's CAFC.
  • Options
    What a confidence booster .. a decent team selection .. great win albeit against a team in dire dire dire form .. come on you addicks !!
  • Options
    big big win cos a loss would have been a big psychological blow to the team i believe but to win and by all accounts deserve it is most pleasing
    gonna be a bumpy season but we've gotta win these games if we wonna stay up

0% top 6 ......10% 7th-12th ...... 77% 13th-21st 13% relegation
  • Options
    From the radio it seems we all played well...funnily enough I'm hearing the Suffolk post match phone in at the mo...first bloke says Ipswich are generally poor, long ball to little blokes with little ability.
  • Options
    Yessssssss.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yessssssss.

Just this minute finished on Player, has it Covered End?

• Options
    Sooo relieved. Can enjoy weekend for first time since last season.
  • Options
    Special mention for fuller, thought he was absolute class today. Morrison was...........Morrison!! Rock solid.

Jewell will be sacked, probably by the time I get home!
  • Options
    Glance at the table, shows Millwall in bottom 3.

Made my day.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    The table:

Pos Played Goal diff Points
    1 Brighton 7 10 16
    2 Blackburn 7 4 14
    3 Blackpool 6 11 13
    4 Hull 6 6 13
    5 Wolves 7 4 13
    6 Cardiff 7 3 13
    7 Middlesbrough 7 -1 12
    8 Huddersfield 6 4 11
    9 Bristol City 7 2 10
    10 Nottm Forest 7 1 10
    11 Leeds United 7 0 10
    12 Bolton 7 -1 10
    13 Crystal Palace 7 -2 10
    14 Leicester 6 1 9
    15 Burnley 7 0 9
    16 Derby 7 1 8
    17 Birmingham 6 -1 8
    18 Charlton 7 -1 8
    19 Watford 7 -4 7
    20 Sheff Wed 7 -5 7
    21 Barnsley 6 -5 7
    22 Millwall 7 -6 6
    23 Ipswich 7 -10 5
    24 Peterborough 7 -11 0
  • Options
    Good away win and I agree that Morro was a rock. I wouldn't say it has dispelled my concerns though.
  • Options
    SCP said that almost anyone can beat anyone else in this league and I think it's going to be just like that, a real roller-coaster of a season. Great 3 points today and much more like the tight Charlton defence we have come to expect and rely on. Can't wait til next Saturday now! COYA!
  • Options
    excellent result, fancy us to carry on the momentum against Blackburn next weekend - same starting 11 please...
  • Options
    formation I have been banging on about all season - 2 wide men to service the strikers, but would prefer Solly at rb.
  • Options
    PANIC
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why didn't Yann play?
  • Options

Why didn't Yann play?

Injured in training.
  • Options

Why didn't Yann play?

Training injury

• Options
    kudos to the whole defence as well, apart from the Derby game we've kept it very tight all season - sounded like a lucky goal for them today...
  • Options
    Cheers @JT. I'll be having a cider at the very least.
  • Options

Why didn't Yann play?

Injured in training.

Why didn't Yann play?

Training injury

Thanks...been out all day so only just catching up on the news.
  • Options
    Could we get a view on Wilson from those who went? I believe he played out of position at left back and, from the commentary, it sounded largely like positive contributions.
  • Options
    Well done EastStand.

And also to Charlton. Not a six pointer so early on but big morale boost, a first away win and slide halted.

Good to heat Fuller played 90+ mins and scored and that Kerker had an impact. Both could be big players for us this year.

Slight concern that a poor ipswich had so many shots but the only stat that counts is 2 - 1

Also we had good luck with injuries last term. Had a few players unavailable this time which hasn't helped.

Three more games and then let's see where we are.
  • Options
    Dont read too much into the number of shots by Ipswich. They were pretty much all from outside the box and not exactly threatening. Hamer would have stopped the goal without an unlucky deflection.
  • Options
    Henry - So many were wide that they appear to have been told to shoot as quickly as they could. The commentator said Scotland had six wides before his goal which was defected on target!