Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ipswich Town vs. Charlton Athletic | 22nd September 2012 | Match Preview, Predictions, Teams & News

Comments

• Options
    confusion to our enemies !!
  • Options
    3-0 loss
  • Options
    Addicks struggle to find their feet 2-0 at ht then spirited fight back makes it 2-3 and everyone says the game was all us. this was my dream last night.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    There is no reason to be too down - confidence has been knocked - but I think some of our recent shortcomings have been uncharacteristic. Whilst Derby was another game which we couldn't claim to have won were it a boxing match - the fact is, it was yet another where a clear case could be made for the ref costing us points. I reckon we could have lost up to 8 points due to poor officiating and that is disapointing as I was hoping for some improvement from the League One idiots.

However, we can't totally hide behind oafish officials and it is clear we haven't started well - teams are really going for us at the off in a way that didn't happen last season and the best way to counter it is to be more offensive minded. It is becoming clear that Fuller needs to be starting and hopefully if he is fit enough tomorrow he will and we will gain the 3 points. Optimism and teh fact that Ipswich will be equally low on confidence suggests a narrow win for us.
  • Options
    3-1 to the Tractor Boys. Out of the next 6 fixtures only fancy us getting points from the Watford and Barnsley games.
  • Options
    No Chopra or Taylor up front for them, injured.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Don't think we'll lose this game, but no idea on scoreline.

Also to the travelling Addicks can we please give Lee Martin a good reception! Bumped into him in The Beckenham when England played Sweden and is a very nice guy, said he loved his time here and would come back if he could, good player who gave his all for us and didn't act as though he was 'just on loan' at all unlike some other players we had during our declining years *cough*Martin Crainie*cough*
  • Options

Also to the travelling Addicks can we please give Lee Martin a good reception! Bumped into him in The Beckenham when England played Sweden and is a very nice guy, said he loved his time here and would come back if he could, good player who gave his all for us and didn't act as though he was 'just on loan' at all unlike some other players we had during our declining players *cough*Martin Crainie*cough*

hear hear .. Parkinson had NO idea how to get the best from a very good player
  • Options
    I can fully understand why SCP has played the teams he has so far. He has started those who have got us into the Championship and rightly so. It would be so easy to break the team spirit by excluding players who worked their socks off to get us here, they have deserved their chance and their are players like Waggy that deserve their chance as well. Not one of the starters can say that they were never given a chance and one would hope that they would be proud enough to still give their all for the manager when called upon to play. I would have thought that all will play a part again this year, albeit from the bench or covering for injurys. That is no disgrace, just life as a footballer.

It would now be reasonable for SCP to ask the players to take a hard look at themselves and ask if their performances are good enough to remain in the first team. With results having gone as they have, it would be difficult for anyone to suggest that changes now have to be made to stem the run of defeats.

I expect changes for this match. My own preferance is for 5 in midfield for at least the first half. We canot afford to go 0-1 down in the first 10 minutes. I think Fuller should be the front man. Green deserves a start, but I think Waggy has the engine to get up front when we attack. Kerkar should play left, Jackson move in.

However, I don't think SCP will do this, I think he will play 4-4-2. Kerkar left, Stephens, Hollands, Green. Kermit and Fuller up front.

Ipswich are in trouble and we have a history of playing teams, who having lost to us, then sack their managers. Not sure what this says about us, but If Fuller starts I think he will score. 0-1 or more to us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    it would be difficult for anyone to suggest that changes now have to be made to stem the run of defeats.

I meant 'do not now have to be made'
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

I can fully understand why SCP has played the teams he has so far. He has started those who have got us into the Championship and rightly so. It would be so easy to break the team spirit by excluding players who worked their socks off to get us here, they have deserved their chance and their are players like Waggy that deserve their chance as well. Not one of the starters can say that they were never given a chance and one would hope that they would be proud enough to still give their all for the manager when called upon to play. I would have thought that all will play a part again this year, albeit from the bench or covering for injurys. That is no disgrace, just life as a footballer.

It would now be reasonable for SCP to ask the players to take a hard look at themselves and ask if their performances are good enough to remain in the first team. With results having gone as they have, it would be difficult for anyone to suggest that changes now have to be made to stem the run of defeats.

I expect changes for this match. My own preferance is for 5 in midfield for at least the first half. We canot afford to go 0-1 down in the first 10 minutes. I think Fuller should be the front man. Green deserves a start, but I think Waggy has the engine to get up front when we attack. Kerkar should play left, Jackson move in.

However, I don't think SCP will do this, I think he will play 4-4-2. Kerkar left, Stephens, Hollands, Green. Kermit and Fuller up front.

Ipswich are in trouble and we have a history of playing teams, who having lost to us, then sack their managers. Not sure what this says about us, but If Fuller starts I think he will score. 0-1 or more to us.

Great post
  • Options
    Ditto, Lincs.

You beat me to it.

Great minds , eh ?

Friends again ?

• Options

Ditto, Lincs.

You beat me to it.

Great minds , eh ?

Friends again ?

were we ever anything but ??? .. big mwaaahhhh
  • Options
    1-3, gonna be a long season, with redemption arriving in the last dozen games, just like all those relegation thrillers we had during the 1960's, for those that remember them.
  • Options
    A very hard fought and cagey 1-0 win. Yann with the goal.
  • Options
    This will be tough, but it will come down to what team is put out to be honest. I know its early in the season but its needs a shake up.

Just praying for a win. Gonna punt for 1-0 to us.

Hamer
    Solly
    Morrison
    Cort
    Evina
    Green
    Stephens
    Jackson
    Kirkar
    Fuller
    Kermorgant

Subs Button, Dervite, Wilson, Hollands, Wright-Philips, Haynes, Pritchard
  • Options
    edited September 2012
  • Options
    dave85 said:

birchtree

miss denyer.
    mr stead.
    miss stimpson. for a bit of toughness and steel in defence
    mr goodwin.

mr gorella.
    mr foss..
    peter(one fight a day) smith. midfield hardman
    mr hillary. (captain)

black guy.
    gladstone. if he and black guy have put their differences to bed

genius.
  • Options
    A lightbulb day for SCP, oh and Fuller is 3-4 days fitter, so 1-3 to the Addicks, Jackson (pen), Fuller x 2 is more than good enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Ipswich have just signed Higginbotham on loan:

http://www.itfc.co.uk/news/article/higginbotham-joins-on-loan-381258.aspx

Should be great for Fuller as they were team mates at Stoke so Ric knows how his weaknesses, theoretically that is.
  • Options

Should be great for Fuller as they were team mates at Stoke so Ric knows how his weaknesses, theoretically that is.

does that not work the other way as well?
  • Options
    dave85 said:

does that not work the other way as well?
    Yeah but Ric's amazing and Higginbothan is old and slow and will get torn to shreds. (My optimism will not be touched)
  • Options
    f!!!king happy with that.
  • Options
    Cherryless on here now,first away game since I did a muamba in 09,me and my boy are happy to be at Portman rd on sat dreaming of 3 points,coyr.
  • Options
    charlton 2- ipswich 1 (goals from morrow and pritch)

id go with: hamer, solly, cort, morrison, jackson, green, pritchard, stephens, kerkar, bwp, kermy
    bench: button, wilson, devriate, hollands, haynes, cook, fuller
  • Options
    addick16 said:

charlton 2- ipswich 1 (goals from morrow and pritch)

id go with: hamer, solly, cort, morrison, jackson, green, pritchard, stephens, kerkar, bwp, kermy
    bench: button, wilson, devriate, hollands, haynes, cook, fuller

I do not think you will find many going with Pritchard. A bit harsh in many ways as he never was/will be a left winger, but has put in some great performances in midfield - which is where you are playing him. I would not burst into tears if he was played in central mid tomorrow, but would be too many changes for me.

Also think Jacko too slow for left back, OK during a game, but if opposition are aware they will target him as a weak link in that position.

I would also start Fuller.

Is Haynes fit again and has Button signed?

• Options
    We will lose but that will be a blessing in disguise because it will force the hand of the board to now invest in the midfield rather than leaving it too late
  • Options

Also to the travelling Addicks can we please give Lee Martin a good reception! Bumped into him in The Beckenham when England played Sweden and is a very nice guy, said he loved his time here and would come back if he could, good player who gave his all for us and didn't act as though he was 'just on loan' at all unlike some other players we had during our declining players *cough*Martin Crainie*cough*

hear hear .. Parkinson had NO idea how to get the best from a very good player
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    As yet we have managed 0 points when the opponents score first. Either we break this record or better stop them scoring.