Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ipswich Town vs. Charlton Athletic | 22nd September 2012 | Match Preview, Predictions, Teams & News

Comments

• Options
    1-1 draw. No TV this week.
  • Options
    It can be difficult playing at home when you are having a poor run - this should work to our advantage. Assuming CP picks the right team (i.e. playing players in their correct position) according to the experts on here (:-)), I predict we'll win 2-0, with Hamer the hero for keeping a clean sheet despite Ipswich peppering the goal.
  • Options
    I hope I'm wrong but i reckon 2-1 Ipswich there's something not right at the moment.
    Agree we need to play Solly RB.
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited September 2012
    Ipswich mate said if we're any good at set pieces then we'll score everytime. Defence is a shambles
  • Options
    JT said:

Ipswich mate said if we're any good at set pieces then we'll score everytime. Defence is a shambles

0-0 it is then :-)
  • Options
    JT said:

All the more reason to play 2 wingers getting crosses into the box
  • Options

Poor performance. But an equally poor performance from Ipswich equals an 1-0 win.

hardly an equally poor performance if a side wins.

• Options
    ------------------Hamer

Solly ------ Morro--------Cort----------Evina

-----------------Jackson
    Green-------------------------Kerkar
    -----------------Yann
    -----------BWP---------Fuller

Attaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!
  • Options
    1-2 Charlton Kermorgant Fuller
  • Options
    2-1 Ipswich

Fuller to score
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2-0 Charlton, Fuller at the double.
  • Options

Very nervy (and poor) game neither side can lose.

Stalemate 0-0.
  • Options
    First away of the season so am a proper plastic but really looking forward to the game. Personally think Solly's good enough to play on either side (Wiggins got rinsed by Zaha before the injury which adds even more to Solly's performance against the Nigels). Midfield's the focus for me, and so long as we add the width which all are calling for, any of the three strikers we have will relish the service. With Kerkar and Green on the flanks, going for a 2-1 to the Mighty Addicks!!!
  • Options
    More pain as Lee Martin scores a 92nd minute winner after 91minutes of valiant defending by the Valiants.
  • Options
    do fancy lee martin to score
  • Options

Hamer
    Solly Morro Cort Evina
    Green Stephens Holland Jacko Kerkar
    Kermit

4-5-1 keeping it tight, getting down the wings with Stephens & Jacko supporting Kermit. Emphesis on clean sheet and not loosing. Gone for Kermit as lone striker because of his physical presence and can cause a weak defence problems. Fuller & Cook looking to come on 65/70 min mark or earlier if it goes tits up.
  • Options
    expect to see few changes in the starting line up. Evina appears not ready so back 5 picks itself. Playing 2 wide men from the start would be too risky so midfield starting line up may also be unchanged. Could see a surprise start for Fuller with BWP coming off the bench to grab our equaliser, 1-1
  • Options
    We can win this one but we can lose it as well. I would say we need to be on them from the start. By laying back for the first 30 minutes or so we give the other team confidence. This is especially true as we've just come up so teams see us as a potential scalp before the game has even started. By laying off we play right into their hands and they grow in confidence. If we impose ourselves from the off we can rattle teams and stop them getting into a rythmn. So, depends on how we start. I'm going 0-1 to the reds.

I would like Chris to start with something like this: Hamar, Solly, Cort, Morro, Evina, Green, Stephens, JJ/Hollands, Kerkar, Fuller, Yann/Bwp.
  • Options
    Rob said:

We can win this one but we can lose it as well. I would say we need to be on them from the start. By laying back for the first 30 minutes or so we give the other team confidence. This is especially true as we've just come up so teams see us as a potential scalp before the game has even started. By laying off we play right into their hands and they grow in confidence. If we impose ourselves from the off we can rattle teams and stop them getting into a rythmn. So, depends on how we start. I'm going 0-1 to the reds.

I would like Chris to start with something like this: Hamar, Solly, Cort, Morro, Evina, Green, Stephens, JJ/Hollands, Kerkar, Fuller, Yann/Bwp.

By scalp do ou mean they think we're good ? I would think most teams see promoted sides as a potential three points.

• Options

Rob said:

By scalp do ou mean they think we're good ? I would think most teams see promoted sides as a potential three points.

That's what I meant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll settle for a team properly set up in an orthodox 4-4-2 or even 4-4-1-1, and the same tactical plan as at Birmingham. The 4-4-2 Diamond needs to be binned now, it ain't worked and it allows the opposition to attack exposed full back positions too easily.

As emphasised in the Derby preview, I'd go for Fuller in behind Kermorgant, Green on the right and Kerker on the left. When we lose the ball, two banks of 4, and not the chaos of Forest or the space on the flanks we allowed Palace. But then again, it's easy playing fantasy team selection without the scouting reports on Ipswich.

Still early days and will settle for a point, to stop the bleeding. Please no more Diamonds!
  • Options
    1-3

Fuller, Kerkar, Kermorgant
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    birchtree

miss denyer.
    mr stead.
    miss stimpson. for a bit of toughness and steel in defence
    mr goodwin.

mr gorella.
    mr foss..
    peter(one fight a day) smith. midfield hardman
    mr hillary. (captain)

black guy.
    gladstone. if he and black guy have put their differences to bed
  • Options
    Hope SCP doesn't believe that Diamonds are Forever .
  • Options
    2-0 to Ipswich. Our wins will come later.
  • Options
    The last 30mins against Derby has left us all hoping we will carry this on to Saturday. Ipswich will have the crowd on their backs if we start well and are there to be beaten. The hope will kill us again and 2 goals from Chopra will drop us one more place. The only way is up.
  • Options
    WSS said:

A relegation decider, a six-pointer, a win-at-all-costs, Powell must go if we lose…

I know it's a joke, but not funny in the currently volatile atmosphere!

Some cool and calm heads needed and Fuller and Kerkar to supply that with their higher level experience.

Charlton to win 2-1, with Green scoring one and crossing for BWP to score the other.

The other day on here someone said ''If Green is the answer, we're asking the wrong question''. Got a feeling he's going to prove a few people wrong.

I just looked him up and was surprised to see he's 24. I thought he was a couple of years younger than that. But I think he's a more mature and confident player than last year and I'm hoping we will see him grow tall this season.
  • Options
    If Fuller starts i will be having a decent wedge on us at a healthy price
  • Options
    Looking forward to a nice day out in Suffolk tomorrow

Think most teams will beat us at the moment and if you haven't won at home for 8 months it's always nice when charlton rock up

Would gladly take a boring 0-0
  • Options
    A positive start is essential, so no sitting back, farting around until the oppostion have a 2 goal lead. Get at them, grab an early goal, and let the tension take over, as the Ipswich players and fans are bound to be edgy and nervous. Hopefully they'll be booed off at half time, and there will be a few chants of Jewell out as they flail around and we nick a second to seal 3 crucial points.