Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v Glaziers/14 September 2012/Preview, views and line ups

Comments

• Options
    CNUTS!
  • Options
    What a header from Hamer! Shame that didn't go in
  • Options
    We have been dire
  • Options

I'm afraid that we have been second best all night, all over the pitch for the second game running. It's been a pretty feable performance unfortunately. We are obviously going to need more time to adjust to the higher quality of football in this division. The early signs are though that it's going to be a tough old season.

Seems like it Pete.
  • Options
    All the usual 4 0 predictions that rolled in are looking a bit silly now. Lots of egg on face to be removed by some here.
  • Options
    Birmingham, was an eye opener, Leicester were held up as a team to compare all other against, Forest were a cut above. Sadly Palace are a wake up call.
  • Options
    Massive overreactions on here, but that's to be expected when we lose to Palace
  • Options
    lol dire
  • Options
    Play Hamer up front !! .. we deserved @ least a point .. the disallowed 'goal' was a DISGRACE
  • Options
    Embarrassing, outplayed and out sung. Thought we would do well this season but after this I think staying up would be an achievement. Wright Philips was Onside for the disallowed goal, fuller looks promising and respect to Hamer for getting involved but a long hard season ahead
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fuller needs to start and we need to at least play a natural winger
  • Options
    Terrible, wasn't up for it. Palace better.
  • Options
    Yea bit of a wake up call. Think we need to look at the midfield. I'd play pritch and Hollands in the middle with green and kerkar out wide.
  • Options

All the usual 4 0 predictions that rolled in are looking a bit silly now. Lots of egg on face to be removed by some here.

You must be over joyed, muppet.

Who knows what would have happened had BWP's goal not been chalked off, joke of a decision.

Fuller should have equalised, then we had 2 more cleared off the line.
  • Options
    We didnt deserve anything , no creativity, no real idea.
    One thing it shows is that we have some good players at this level Hamer,Solly,Wiggo,Morro,Cort and maybe Wilson after tonights game,Stephens,Fuller,Kermy, but FFS, we need to ditch Hollands,Jacko,Pritchard and BWP as quick as.The problem is as soons as we get it in midfield we give it away - they just dont know what to do with the ball aside from hoof it up to Kermy - the only exception tonight was in the last 10 when Palace sat deep and let us have the ball
  • Options
    tom- k said:

Embarrassing, outplayed and out sung. Thought we would do well this season but after this I think staying up would be an achievement.

Exactly
  • Options
    Dreadful, midfield bereft of ideas- Kermongant and Philips had to make their own chances as nothing came their way, Solly was magnificent-Stephens clearly went home second half, Pritch looked out of his depth and did you see SCP's face at the end he did not look happy-. We need a really tough midfielder and a natural winger as shine166 says otherwise we is going to have a long season.
  • Options
    Nothing to say excpet that I am absolutely gutted.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Not looking like a team who will be at home in this league I am afraid. Hollands and Kermy do look like they are playing in a division to high for them. Stephens was ok in the first half but disapeared in large chunks in the second half as ususal.I Thought BWP was fine as was the entire back four. Wilson looked good in the second-half. But boy are we light in midfield
  • Options
    Thanks for the link Stu. Wished I'd stayed in the hotel bar after that 2nd half, but thanks anyway. Better than trying to follow it on the dreadful BBC feed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Who knows what would have happened had BWP's goal not been chalked off, joke of a decision.

Its not that Stu - its the general performance tonight. We were second best in everything, 2nd to every loose ball, their goalie had no shot to save the whole game tilthe last 5 mins. No creativity, just a hoofball into the box, 7 times out of ten won by their defence.
  • Options
    Didn't look at all good, as at Forest we looked the physically weaker, less fit team. Several players looking to be a bit out of their depth at this level- Kermorgant, Jackson & especially Pritchard...only bright spots Wilson was excellent, Green showed some promise & Fuller is a notch above the rest.....grrrrrrrrr!!!
  • Options

You are a disgusting individual. Watching that home cos it is a month today since mum died, and you think I give a deal about football. Am just stating a fact. It is an eye opener for us all.
  • Options
    One goal disallowed, and some decent chances at the end including two off the line. Palace tore us apart on the wings...and nudged every cross gently into Hamer's chest. Aside from a superb strike from their player they didn't offer much. I know it hurts losing to Palace but we were nowhere near as bad as some of you lot are making out. It was a close game and the margins are so slim at this level. Let's move on
  • Options
    Lets hope that SCP gets on the phone because we look very lightweight, whatever money problems we've had they better get it sorted otherwise we will be bottom half scrapping every week for something.
  • Options
    Was my first game watching Charlton since 2009 and I must I was disappointed. We looked terrible half the time besides Hamer, Solly, Fuller, Cort and then both Green and wilson when they came on. You guys have seen them week in and week out so I should reserve some judgement but we looked very second rate out there. I just hope we can rectify this come Tuesday
  • Options
    As an overseas addick unless when I am back in the UK, the only games I get to catch are those televised.
    Few initial points having now seen the Forest and tonights game.

- Physically we look inferior to a big Palace team - We seemed to lose alot of 50/50 tonights and aerial battles (apart from Cort)
    - We really struggled playing against a 451/433 in the first half...When faced with this we may have to do what Curbs use to do in the Premiership and match teams up.
    - Very direct, with such a style you are not going to be able to use BWP. He doesn't have the technical ability to play on the wing, and poaching/running behind defenders skill is wasted when the team is so direct.
    - I understand why Chris Powell was so loyal to the team from last after a great achievement, but additional loan signings will benefit, especially in midfield.
    - I dont believe we will come up against a better winger than Zaha this season, Solly did exceptionally well to fill in at LB
    - CB look solid, but another CM is needed or a change to a 451 otherwise we will be overrun. I thought Stephens had a good first 60 minutes, and showed the necessary composure you need on the ball at this level, but we certainly seemed to be missing some bite in that area.

• Options
    Agree with most posts regarding our midfield. Jacko has not looked the part all season, Pritchard has had one good game and three or four poor ones, Hollands and Stephens look little better than Lge 1 players so far. Green put one or two decent balls in and Fuller looks like he will score if he gets time on the pitch. Big learning curve tonight; and SCP will have to make changes.
  • Options
    B@llocks. Poor performance.
    They started so badly unlike Palace and again the midfield was overrun but it was 5 versus 4.
    Most annoying was Stephens shooting when BWP would have been clean through the middle of their defense. What a waste.
    And the disallowed goal. Thats 2 now.

Looks like it is going to be a long season.

• Options
    5 from 5 but I hope if pretty much everyone on here can see the gaps in midfield and on the wing then SCP should know what is needed. I have to say Fuller, if fit ,and gets the service will score goals, thought the defense was excellent-the only bright note on a crap night.