Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leicester fan Chris back again!!

124»

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:

BUT, if the keeper dived and it went in, he would probably have been an immediate cult hero for you, funny how one split second decision can change everything

None of our penalty-takers from the '98 play-off tried to be 'immediate cult heroes', and i'm glad they didn't - they focussed on putting the ball in the net w/o doing anything fancy. He's admitted that he wasn't confident or in the right frame of mind, so really he shouldn't have taken one. (Presumably the same reason why one of our strikers - Steve Jones - didn't on the day)

Yann's free kicks show he can belt one into the top corner pretty well, and i suspect that's what he'll try next time. I don't blame Leicester fans feeling a bit sore about it -- but that's their problem, not mine
  • Options
    I do remember seeing on Youtube him scoring a penalty like this in France. It is a legitimate technique but you have to kick the ball after the keeper has gone which makes it very tricky - something only the best players can do (that is unless you are taking one against Joe Hart in teh Euros who was so pumped up he was diving before the ball was put on the spot!). - I must let it go -must let it go..........

Having said that, I think Yann must fall in the category of players who can pull it off - so in that context - it was reasonable for him to try it. He missed it but so did Waghorn miss his.
  • Options
    leicester city willl come good once shooting boots are found.second half performance was excellent. passing and skill were of a high level. brought it home the standard we're playing at again which made extra sweet to take all three points. really enjoyed the game and once your fans got going in the second half they really made some noise. player who missed the header in the 92nd will be kicking himself as my 58 year old mum would of finished that and she has never kicked a ball in her life.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

before i say what im going to say, let it be known i love Yann and he's been a hero so far in a charlton shirt.

But, the comment about his legs shaking is b*llocks lol. Im not doubting there was nerves there, but there is no excuse for going with the decision of taking a penatly like that. Any half decent footballer, no matter how nervous, can run up to a ball and strike it fairly decently.
    nobody would have a long term grudge against a player that had the nuts to step and it then blazed it 5 foot over the bar. But look at the grudge held against someone who thinks they are jack the peanut enough to try that silly chip.

thank god he wasnt wearing a charlton shirt at the time.

This
    He is my favourite current player , just immense
    But fannying around doing that sort of Penalty when he did is an utter disgrace and I saw it live on telly and the first thing I thought when he missed it was you C*** and that's as a neutral, if someone had done that for us well the abuse he would get I hope would be as least as much as the leicester fans gave him
    Time has moved on but something as monumnetal like that would stick in your throat as a footy fan

Leicesters loss is our gain
    They will be in the mix at the end and I thought they were sharp if somewhat wayward with their shooting in the final third

Always had a soft spot for leicester cos of our friend Claridge's last minute beauty that broke the hearts of palace fans in a play off final many moons ago
  • Options

Redrobo, you couldn't have been one of the 10,000 Addicks at Old Trafford in 94. Now that Utd team had pace throughout. Even Scmeichel was like sh**off a shovel when he rushed out to clatter Grant!

I think you may be overdoing the Leicester praise a tad. See if they mug Blackburn on Saturday.

Actually was there. Schmeichel sent off for potentially three red cards in one nasty tackle, two footed tackle, hand ball, and bringing down the last player. Fergie thought it 'harsh'!!!
    We out sang Utd - even through half time with "things....can only get better", only for Hughes to score just after half time. Got home at 4.30am due to a coach crash on motorway. Remember all that, but not left with the overwhelmimg sence of so many being beaten by pace. Mind you, a few years ago now so you may well be right. Vague memory of being a bit quicker myself to the bar back then as well.
  • Options
    I was there too - I remember starting to dream at half time 0-0 lol
  • Options
    Great day that, wasn't it? Things could only get better. That half time was buzzing.

Second half I remember them scorching on the counter with Kanchelskis, Giggs, Ince and Cantona being far from sluggish!

• Options

Always had a soft spot for leicester cos of our friend Claridge's last minute beauty that broke the hearts of palace fans in a play off final many moons ago

This is the shinner..........what a beauty. I remember getting shouted at by my mates wife as we were jumping up & down on the sofa............................Happy days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6764iSnVJPQ
  • Options
    Remember it for very different reasons.
    I was at Old Trafford of course....the next day was mothers day....and my Mum died.
    The term bitter sweet comes to mind.