Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leicester fan Chris back again!!

Hey guys, well done last night, good win for you.

Just been reading through some of your reports from the game, been very impressed with your praise for us.
Even though you won the game, majority have said we looked good still which gives me optimism!

Unfortunately i couldnt make it because of work but did listen to commentary, sounded like 2-0 was a fair score at HT but then we dominated 2nd half.....?
Dyer, Nugent and Vardy all missing great chances, particularly Vardy near the end with a free header.
Sounded like you kept Ben Marshall very quiet too plus its very rare Pearson takes him off. Our little French winger made a huge difference, shame he didnt start.
I mentioned in my other thread yesterday that we were light at the back currently and it proved. We need to get our CB's fit quickly!

Having said all that, our commentators were full of praise for BWP and Yann, caused us problems all night.
Im obviously devastated Yann scored but more annoyed by his celebration (i know you'll laugh reading this). Very disrespectful considering how selfish he was for us....

Anyway, good luck for the season. We're all delighted for Chris Powell, he deserves success

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2012
    You're missing Wellens most of all .. the rest of the side is talented but a bit leaderless. Thanks for your good wishes, the same to you except for the return game against us
  • Options
    Chris-what did Yann do? Was too busy celebrating to notice.
  • Options
    What did Yann do? I was too busy celebrating.
  • Options
    Mate you lot were a quality outfit very quick strong and comfortable on the ball, i think you lack a baller in the middle of the park but i doubt very much we will see a better oppostion team than you at the Valley

You lot gave Yann Dogs so if you cant take it you shouldnt give it out,

He missed a Pen you may think it was a shocking way to take that Pen i would agree but had it gone in he wouldve been a hero

and Yann is the man down here

Good Luck for the season good turn out by your fans, very Vocal

Vardy is quality, Nugents movement we could not live with, King is a real threat,

Marshall we have managed to contain in his visits to the valley and was poor i thought

You gotta rate your boy schmichael great footballing offensive mind

• Options

You're missing Wellens most of all .. the rest of the side is talented but a bit leaderless. Thanks for your good wishes, the same to you except for the return game against us

Personally i dont think we do miss Wellens, he's very slow now and struggles. We should of had Danns playing or King from the start.
    Macronate said:

Chris-what did Yann do? Was too busy celebrating to notice.

Yann put his finger across his lips and aimed it at the Leicester fans as if to say shut up.
    I know he has a point to prove but just felt that was unecessary

• Options
    To be fair Chris,Yann took a fair bit of stick from the away end last night,rightly or wrongly and the goal celebration of the finger on the lips was his response
  • Options
    With all the talk around Yann, there was always going to be some sort of reaction from him when he scored. Could have been a lot worse.

Leicester are a great team. In terms of natural ability, streets ahead of us and most teams in the division I would have thought.

We got the points based on being clinical in the first half and sheer guts and hard work.
  • Options
    I was hoping he'd do an Adebayor sprint up to the JS stand !
  • Options
    Appreciate the comments from people. Whats concerning is it was our 3 subs that changed the game and NOT the one's starting. We have 4/5 centre mids but played the wrong one last night which ultimately cost us
  • Options
    I thought Wellens was struggling last season because of a long term injury. Yes he's a bit old & creaky nowadays but he's always there for the 'out ball' and gives you errrrr 'grit' in midfield .. I've rated him highly since his days at Donny
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The big man was very polite with his celebration to the Leicester fans. If that was me in Yann's shoes, my celbration would have been on par with Adebayor's against Arsenal a couple of seasons back.
  • Options
    Was very impressed with your team in the 2nd half, Chris - thank god they didn't play like that thoughout! Was Prem+ quality for around 30 mins. De Laet in particular caught my eye - very fast & skillful going forwards. Could see half your team as prem players. Good luck for the rest of the season, you'll do well.
  • Options

Yann put his finger across his lips and aimed it at the Leicester fans as if to say shut up.
    I know he has a point to prove but just felt that was unecessary

If you can't give it, don't take it.

Simples.
  • Options
    Yeah maybe your right about Yann, cant blame him in that sense and it could of been worse. Tink we are still very bitter about it all as it cost us a place at Wembley.... All in the past now though!
  • Options

Was very impressed with your team in the 2nd half, Chris - thank god they didn't play like that thoughout! Was Prem+ quality for around 30 mins. De Laet in particular caught my eye - very fast & skillful going forwards. Could see half your team as prem players. Good luck for the rest of the season, you'll do well.

Thats positive to hear. On our forum, people are already moaning about our inconsistencies again and saying it'll be another mid table/top half finish.
    There's more positive comments on here about Leicester than our forum!! Its crazy
  • Options
    "To judge a man by his weakest link or deed is like judging the power of the ocean by one wave." ;)
  • Options
    I thought Yann was restrained.

I wanted him at full time to ran right up to the Leicester fans as they were filing out, drop his shorts and start windmilling his (no doubt) foot long Johnson whilst holding up a banner in French that translated as "SUCK THIS, PEASANTS"
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

The big man was very polite with his celebration to the Leicester fans. If that was me in Yann's shoes, my celbration would have been on par with Adebayor's against Arsenal a couple of seasons back.

This
  • Options
    I was surprised King did not start as Leicester improved considerably once he came on.
  • Options
    chris, we have been away from this league so long we're adjusting to what is good and what is not. For all I know the two worst teams in the league played each other last night, but it certainly didn't seem like it. Leicester City worried the hell out of us second half...although some of it may have been down to conceding a last minute equaliser at Birmingham, and we didn't play at our best because of that. I suspect you will have a really good season, and your fans showed in numbers and sang up after your goal (btw apologies for the £5 programme, our first one every season is like that).
    Anyway mate, you can still give Yann dogs abuse at home for having the cheek to score against you!
    Overall really enjoyed it last night after the wilderness football years we have endured.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

"To judge a man by his weakest link or deed is like judging the power of the ocean by one wave." ;)

Brilliant. My first laugh of the day
  • Options
    Good on Lercester, they were a bit unlucky and will be around the sharp end come May. Football fans do make me laugh though, gave Kermo dogs abuse and then start weeping about disrespect when they get a tiny bit back. I recall sitting in the South Stand while playing against Sunderland and two old clowns were giving Phallic Rae some pretty unpleasant abuse. When he scored a screamer and celebrated in front of us one of them scuttled off to tell the police on him. Utter pricks.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

chris, we have been away from this league so long we're adjusting to what is good and what is not. For all I know the two worst teams in the league played each other last night, but it certainly didn't seem like it. Leicester City worried the hell out of us second half...although some of it may have been down to conceding a last minute equaliser at Birmingham, and we didn't play at our best because of that. I suspect you will have a really good season, and your fans showed in numbers and sang up after your goal (btw apologies for the £5 programme, our first one every season is like that).
    Anyway mate, you can still give Yann dogs abuse at home for having the cheek to score against you!
    Overall really enjoyed it last night after the wilderness football years we have endured.

Appreciate the comments.
    For what its worth, you boys remind me of when we got promoted from league 1. We never had the best team on paper but we outfought sides and had that momentum from winning the league. Yes we had quality players too but we relied heavily on the lads that got us promoted and it worked well. You could push play offs this season
  • Options

I wanted him at full time to ran right up to the Leicester fans as they were filing out, drop his shorts and start windmilling his (no doubt) foot long Johnson whilst holding up a banner in French that translated as "SUCK THIS, PEASANTS"

Leicester made a video taking the piss out of Yann the Man, maybe Yann could make a video......
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Leicester made a video taking the piss out of Yann the Man, maybe Yann could make a video......
    At the end of the day, he started all of this by being a selfish pr*ck
  • Options
    Yann was certainly sharing the love with the East Stand after the game, anybody see him?
  • Options
    Unnecessary? You were giving him abuse and he reacted to it? He would've ran up to the away fans Adebayor style but was sadly held back. God knows why football fans are so precious.

What did the Leicester fans make of our home support?
  • Options

Greenie said:

At the end of the day, he started all of this by being a selfish pr*ck
    Ahh bless..did he!!
  • Options
    Can't agree on you saying Knockaert was the game changer, King was! Knockaert came on and didn't do much apart from trip himself up when he had a good opening, i thought dyer was your best player though, gave Solly problems all game and rgat doesnt ever happen all in all it was a very good game, and your team has bags of quality, although I thought Beckford would be better, good luck for the seaon
  • Options

I was surprised King did not start as Leicester improved considerably once he came on.

This.

I would consider King to be Leicester's best player. so why he was on the bench? maybe he wasn't not fully fit.