Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leicester fan Chris back again!!

Comments

• Options

Greenie said:

I thought Yann was restrained.

I wanted him at full time to ran right up to the Leicester fans as they were filing out, drop his shorts and start windmilling his (no doubt) foot long Johnson whilst holding up a banner in French that translated as "SUCK THIS, PEASANTS"

Leicester made a video taking the piss out of Yann the Man, maybe Yann could make a video......
    At the end of the day, he started all of this by being a selfish pr*ck
    Mate - anyone from an opposition club is welcome to chat on here.

Coming on here and calling one of our players a "pr*ck" is going to do you no favors.
  • Options

I wanted him at full time to ran right up to the Leicester fans as they were filing out, drop his shorts and start windmilling his (no doubt) foot long Johnson whilst holding up a banner in French that translated as "SUCK THIS, PEASANTS"

he's saving that for the away game

• Options

Can't agree on you saying Knockaert was the game changer, King was! Knockaert came on and didn't do much apart from trip himself up when he had a good opening, i thought dyer was your best player though, gave Solly problems all game and rgat doesnt ever happen all in all it was a very good game, and your team has bags of quality, although I thought Beckford would be better, good luck for the seaon

Yeah maybe, King made a big difference. He was injured last year and lost his form, hence why Pearson changed it slightly and he's struggled to get back in. Danns has been excellent yet he's on the bench being unused, seems odd! Dyer is quick and will run at people all day but he cannot cross and cannot finish!! Most frustrating player in our side! Beckford is either a Prem player or Sunday league, depends which one turns up!

It did sound like Knockaert made a difference though running at your defence and taking players on.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Greenie said:

Leicester made a video taking the piss out of Yann the Man, maybe Yann could make a video......
    Mate - anyone from an opposition club is welcome to chat on here.

Coming on here and calling one of our players a "pr*ck" is going to do you no favors.
    Sorry, apologies. I've given nothing but praise on here for you guys so didnt mean to call him. Just still bitter i guess about the past!

On another note, im delighted for Michael Morrison, an excellent young defender who was treated harshly by Sven. Hope he got a good reception from our fans
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    from where I was it appeared Morro got a decent clap when his name was read out.

personally I also thought Konchesky had an excellent game
  • Options
    Beckford was Sunday league last night. Thank god Dyer cannot shoot as he had a great early chance which he skewed towards the corner flag. Knockaert looked lively if a little lacking in end product.
    Will agree with those who saw King as the main man second half. Nugent also looked classy.
    Morro got a good reception. Was my man of the match.
  • Options
    I hope Leicester do well. Thought your fans were decent, you have a good manager and play some really nice football. Interesting that you're not afraid to mix up your approach though. On occasions Schmeichel launched it from his area to the edge of ours. As Alan Partridge would say..."he has afoot like a traction engine..."
  • Options

Johnson? ;-)
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Yann was certainly sharing the love with the East Stand after the game, anybody see him?

I was sharing it.
  • Options
    I thought Knockaert looked very skillful, def one to watch in the future
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I thought Knockaert looked very skillful, def one to watch in the future

He was very, very petulant though -- I thought he lost focus through it.

• Options
    King was the game changer and it speaks volumes of your squad depth for you to be able to bring on him and nugent who's constant mvmt gave us problems

Morrison is so much better than the way you and sheff wed treated him and like he showed
    Weds he showed you last night he was my mom

You lot will go up in auto i believe just behind us by 8 points

8)
  • Options
    Just re watched the highlights to specifically look for Yanns reaction as was too busy celebrating to notice last night. I have to say, Chris, if you found that upsetting or disrespectful then you must find the world a very difficult place to live.
  • Options
    Where are the highlights mate
  • Options
    Quality takes for both goals... Cant wait til fuller is fit as well... Well equipped for this league I say...
  • Options
    Cheers
  • Options

I was surprised King did not start as Leicester improved considerably once he came on.

Underestimation by their manager/coach of our team abilities I think? Good to see their faces well and truly haddock slapped!
  • Options
    agree Leicester looked a good team and we were lucky, thought schmeichel left a big gap at far post for first goal and that central defence looked stretched in first half but reckon you have big chance of promotion ...alot of firepower for this division .Yann was pretty understated when he scored .Hes gone from zero the hero since then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yeah maybe your right about Yann, cant blame him in that sense and it could of been worse. Tink we are still very bitter about it all as it cost us a place at Wembley.... All in the past now though!

Chris - you weren't at the match last night so wouldn't have got a programme so you wouldn't have seen the interview with Yann. I guess it's the infamous penalty that you are referring to? So, first, Yann said he had scored a penalty in that style previously, second he was so nervous that his legs were shaking and he'd probably have missed even if he'd try to whack the ball and, third, none of your other players had the bottle to take it. Perhaps some of those cowards should be getting the abuse your supporters want to heap on Yann?
  • Options
    lolwray said:

agree Leicester looked a good team and we were lucky, thought schmeichel left a big gap at far post for first goal and that central defence looked stretched in first half but reckon you have big chance of promotion ...alot of firepower for this division .Yann was pretty understated when he scored .Hes gone from zero the hero since then

We are down to the bare bones at the back and had no defenders at all on the bench last night. We've had to use our young academy player Liam Moore. Will be better when we get Sean St Ledger and Zak Whitbread fit.

We do have lots of firepower though. Still had 2/3 good strikers we never used last night and attacking midfielders
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Yeah maybe your right about Yann, cant blame him in that sense and it could of been worse. Tink we are still very bitter about it all as it cost us a place at Wembley.... All in the past now though!

Chris - you weren't at the match last night so wouldn't have got a programme so you wouldn't have seen the interview with Yann. I guess it's the infamous penalty that you are referring to? So, first, Yann said he had scored a penalty in that style previously, second he was so nervous that his legs were shaking and he'd probably have missed even if he'd try to whack the ball and, third, none of your other players had the bottle to take it. Perhaps some of those cowards should be getting the abuse your supporters want to heap on Yann?
    Yeah you make fair points, im not disagreeing. We'll just never like him anymore and you guys love him so all is good. I guess our loss is your gain
  • Options
    Schmeichel's not even the best goalkeeper in his own family!
  • Options
    Vardy looked impressive.
  • Options
    I was surprised at how short Schmeichel is to be honest, only looked about 5'10"-5'11"

I was also surprised at how crap Beckford was
  • Options
    I think Leicester were good in the second half for two resons - they started 4-4-2 which was the wrong formation against us and when they rectified that, also, we had a lead to protect and we tend to be a bit negative when that is the case. It stems from having a great defence which in contrast I think could be an achilles heel for Leicester. I do think tactics were more of a factor in the second half than personnel changes though and getting a relatively early goal back helped.

At the start of the game your defence looked decent winning headers against Yann and both CBs looked like they were built of bricks. As the game wore on it became clear Wright -Phillips could get at them with his pace and ultimately they showed themselves to be very poor against this type of player. The apparent strength didn't look so evident as Yann got more and more joy in the air too. The question I would have if I was a Leicester fan is how many other teams have this type of player too?

I think the quality of our delivery into the box was far superior in the first half when it mattered. Every corner, cross looked dangerous and we know that Chrissy has put great emphasis on this as we were very strong in that respect last season. I thought Leicesters final balls were a bit more hit and hope.

On the positive side- I think Leicester have some good players and do have a lot of pace in the side and play at a very fast tempo. I can see them causing many teams real problems. I wouldn't worry about the finishing either - we missed a fair few on Saturday - better chances if truth be told. You look at the quality up front and Vardy impressed me - Nugent is a proven finisher and I like Beckford, even if he didn't have the best game yesterday. I thought your RB looked very decent and had good pace which is important. Dyer also had a good game but Marshall hasn't impressed me at all every time he plays against us- our defenders probably don't suit him as I know he is a decent player.

Leicester looked a strong physical side that are above average on the ball and with very good energy levels. I think the defence may need addressing though, but they will probably dispose of the lesser sides quite easily. I would be surprised if you don't make the play offs.
  • Options

Schmeichel's not even the best goalkeeper in his own family!

To be fair it must be pretty tough when your dad is one of the all time greats. He's the goalkeeping version of Jordi Cruyff!
  • Options

Greenie said:

He took a penalty and it was on target, would you rather him blaze it over the bar?
  • Options

lolwray said:

We are down to the bare bones at the back and had no defenders at all on the bench last night. We've had to use our young academy player Liam Moore. Will be better when we get Sean St Ledger and Zak Whitbread fit.

We do have lots of firepower though. Still had 2/3 good strikers we never used last night and attacking midfielders
    regarding your lack of defenders, why did you sell matt mills?
    i remember him looking very useful for doncaster a few years back and thought he may go on to play in the prem.