Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Hamer's Twitter last night

@BenHamer21
Finally back in my Sack! Valet at Gatwick were having a hollercaust! #uberseethe

Not withstanding the poor spelling, am I on my own in thinking it unacceptable that the word holocaust is being used so liberally? It's been done before- I doubt this would sit easy with the families of the 6 million murdered under the Nazi regime, or am I just being a grumpy old git?

Comments

• Options
    Agree it's an unnecessary use of the word, just goes to show there's not much between the ears of some players.
  • Options

‏grumpy old git?

• Options
    grumpy old git! its just a bit of humour! Bad taste maybe, but nothing malicious none the less.
  • Options
    seeing as his spelling is bad could have meant rollercoast
  • Options

grumpy old git! its just a bit of humour! Bad taste maybe, but nothing malicious none the less.

This.

• Options
    Worldy
  • Options
    Meaty
  • Options
    Football lad humour and banter. No further analysis required.
  • Options
    Not the best use of a word but lets not blow it up into something its not. He's not trying to compare his situation to the Jews of the 2nd world war he has just made a very bad choice, leave it at that.
  • Options
    Who was the football pundit that used holocaust in the totally wrong context? Wasn't it Cascarino?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People should be more careful about what they right on Twitter. It is not right that anyone would use a word like this in this way, it is direspectful. Poor effort by the bloke. "football banter" and "being a bit dim" are no excuse.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Pretty dim but seriously doubt he stopped to think and use it maliciously.
  • Options
    Certainly a very poor choice of output and a mistake that everyone seems to be making nowadays. But can we all say that we don't make perversely uncouth jokes behind closed doors? I for one love a bit of sikapedia.
  • Options
    Mountain molehill a further example of what is wrong with the world today people over reading into every thing
  • Options
    Why anyone famous would want to be on that freak show that is twitter with every thoughtless statement / quip being analysed to the nth degree by joe boreoff.com bloggs I'll never know

Obviously a silly thing to say but I'm not looking at ben hamer to teach me or my offspring the meaning of life

• Options

Mountain molehill a further example of what is wrong with the world today people over reading into every thing

Scotchmans purse!!! (sporran) (Spot on)

• Options
    Tar and feather the monster and ride him out of town on a rail...
  • Options
    Can you imagine oohaah on Twitter ;-) #schoolholidays
  • Options
    Baby Skates!
  • Options

Why anyone famous would want to be on that freak show that is twitter with every thoughtless statement / quip being analysed to the nth degree by joe boreoff.com bloggs I'll never know

Obviously a silly thing to say but I'm not looking at ben hamer to teach me or my offspring the meaning of life

cringe
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Exagerated sarcasm
  • Options
    #freaks
  • Options
    It is clear to me that Hamer fits nicely into the 'all goalkeepers are crazy' catagory. I am afraid it goes with the territory...are there/have there ever been any goalkeepers that would be comfortable taking tea and a chat with, say, Mike Brearley?
  • Options
    On Twitter the other day a well known TV presenter mentioned a plague of Mosquitos in the place that they were on holiday. I was disgusted as many millions of people died in unimaginable agony during the bubonic plague, including many children. I got so upset by their flippant use of the term that I fisted myself and now it's stuck. I hope that these public figures reflect on some of the harm they cause with their use of terms that might offend people following their comments on the Internet.
  • Options
    #4kidsatchristmasandtoomuchdiy
  • Options
    Similar to saying you are Blitzed meaning pissed.Very disrespectful to those who experienced the real Blitz! Words evolve over time and the current meaning can change,gay is a prime example.No way did Hamer mean anything sinister in what he tweeted!
  • Options
    Don't be so delicate
  • Options
    Horrible phrase to use.
  • Options

On Twitter the other day a well known TV presenter mentioned a plague of Mosquitos in the place that they were on holiday. I was disgusted as many millions of people died in unimaginable agony during the bubonic plague, including many children. I got so upset by their flippant use of the term that I fisted myself and now it's stuck. I hope that these public figures reflect on some of the harm they cause with their use of terms that might offend people following their comments on the Internet.

lol
  • Options
    This has turned into a thread? Brilliant. He's a lad, he says stupid things, who doesn't?